Projected Starting Line Up

Lets do this

QB - TMart (09) TA (12)

RB - AA (11) Adam Taylor (13) Newby (13)

WR - QE (10) Tariq Allen? (11)

WR - KB (10) Westerkamp (12)

WR - JT (11) A. Moore (12)

This is the best we have been in a very long time at the skilled positions. As you can see, out of the 09 class, we have one contributor in TM. He's the old man out of this group as well. Funny, Cody Green was suppose to be the next big thing. The 2010 class has two contributors in KB and QE. After that, we get our depth from guys that have come in since 2011. A few of them showing a ton of promise in AA and Jamal Turner. I have been in the fence about Armstrong thus far. I think "swimming in it" describes him perfectly. I do see the potential though. 2013 offseason sets up a dog fight for that spot.

OT - Sirles (09) Sterup (11)

OG- Long (Walk On) Moudy (10)

C - Pelini (Walk On) Reeves (11) Chongo? (13)

OG - Cotton (11) Thurstan (12) Whitaker (12)

OT - Qvale (09) Finnin (13) AR (11)

Our interior OL is a very solid group and is drastically overlooked. With the amount of pulling they are asked to do, this is not an easy position to play. We have two guys starting there that have a chance to play on Sundays. Anyone notice who played at these spots and did very well against GA? Anyone remember who was responsible for the guards at practice? We do not have anyone I am now projecting to contribute in there from the 09 class. Tackle is a different story. There is a reason we went out and got Finnin. He's going to have an opportunity to play and play a lot. Chongo is our flex player. I dont think theres a place on the OL he couldnt play. would like to see him at C. So we have two guys from the 09 class that contribute here? We have brought in a lot of bodies here the past three cycles and the added competition has helped the guards. Make no mistake, our biggest question mark here is a solid pass blocking set of OTs. Sirles has been here 5 years as has Qvale so they get the nods. There will be younger guys that get the opportunity.

DL - GMcM(12)VV(12) T. Randle(09),Ankrah(09)

Gregory(13)Curry (12) Nickens(WO)Moss(12

A lot of bodies here and a lot of athleticism from mainly the '12 class. I have predicted Gregory to be our best pass rusher but he's got work to do in the classroom before he gets here. Nothing too alarming. The potential is here with VV and McMullen and I received a very encouraging PM the other day that reiterated what I've heard as well. If Mr. Accountability would like to share what he's heard from a first hand account he is more than welcome.

LB- ZA(12), DS (11), Afalava (12)

T. Brown(12) Rose (12) T. Brown(12)

C. Love (13)

This group will be a ton more athletic than last years. That I can say with extreme confidence. I don't have scientific proof, but I do believe you see what I'm saying. The production of this group will come down to how hard they are studying the play book. Broken down further than that, Santos will be responsible for communicating pre-snap reads to our DL and Secondary. He needs to be ready.

CB - Jonathan Rose (Transfer from Auburn), J.Mitchell (10)

Safety - HJ (10) C. Cooper (10)

So much competition here I'm not going to take the time to list every guy I see playing. Lets just say I will not be surprised if any one of the guys above doesn't start. We have quality depth at the CB spot. The big spot here is going to be safety. The mistakes made at safety should have never happened at our level or in the 13th game of the year. What I'm looking for here this year is more ball-hawking and defending the long ball better. I'd say that our biggest two issues last year was safety in run support and our CBs defending the long ball.

It is no secret that our offense is going to be explosive this season. I've said all offseason that I don't think there will be a team on our schedule we can't score 40 on.

Our defense. We will be young, athletic, and big. I have realistic expectations for them. I'm gonna be honest, the UCLA game is going to be a 40-50 type game that hopefully ends in our favor. I like us to win it because I believe our home crowd will give us the edge to get a big stop at the end to win it. But UCLA will score on us. My expectation is that each week, we get better on that side of the football. My prediction is that by Michigan, we are playing good defense. Not absolutely unbelievable defense, but Bo Pelini defense. Im not going to judge that by where we rank in statistical categories, but how many points we are giving up. Anything else is unacceptable. I don't see how anyone can disagree with the above about the expectations for our football team mainly our defense, but I'm sure someone will find a way.

If I've forgotten anyone in the starting lineup, feel free to add them!

Go Big Red

• Fire 4

No Pensick on the OL??? I thought he held up well against a much bigger South Carolina DL.

I'll take a shot:

QB: 1. Martinez 2. Armstrong 3. Kellogg

RB: 1. Abdullah 2. Combo of Cross/Taylor/Newby (I believe Taylor will separate from the 2 by mid-season)

FB: 1. Zimmerer 2. Janovich

WR1: 1. Enunwa 2. T. Allen if healthy or T.Evans

WR2: 1. Turner 2. Moore

WR3: 1. Bell 2. Westerkamp

TE: 1. Long 2. Sutton 3. Cotton

LT: 1. Qvale 2. Finnin

LG: 1. Cotton 2. Kondolo

C: 1. Pensick 2. Thurston 2. Pelini

RG: 1. Long 2. Moudy/Reeves

RT: 1. Sirles 2. Sterup

DE: 1. Ankrah 2. Gregory 3. Natter

DT: 1. Randle 2. Valentine

DT: 1. Curry 2. Williams/Nickens/Collins

DE: 1. McMullen 2. Moss 3. Gangwish

LB: 1. Z. Anderson 2. Roach

LB: 1. Santos 2. Rose 3. Love

LB: 1. Afalava 2. Brown

CB: 1. Seisay 2. J. Rose

CB: 1. Mitchell 2. SJB

Nickel: 1. C. Evans 2. Davie?

FS: 1. H. Jackson 2. C.Jackson (CJ starting by the end of the season)

SS: 1. Cooper 2. Singleton/Gerry

You are forgetting about Wullenwaber at WR as well. His speed and hands. Frankly, I've never seen a Nebraska team this loaded at the WR spot.

Him and Allen are question marks. Knee injuries last year you never know. I don't expect Allen to play much. His knee was screwed.

Excellent write-up. My thoughts:

For as much as I think he's a beast, I'm going to have to agree that Cross ends up #4 on the depth chart. Will still get some work but is a little too much of a one trick pony to hold off the athletes that will be on campus shortly.

What is Allen's status as far as recovering from his injury?

I think the OLine starters will be at worst solid and hopefully very good. It will be interesting to see how the next set gets worked into the mix.

One nit-pick: I'm assuming that the same T. Brown is listed twice at LB. I see four LBs that I'm very excited about and two more that have very good potential as well.

Excellent write-up. My thoughts:

For as much as I think he's a beast, I'm going to have to agree that Cross ends up #4 on the depth chart. Will still get some work but is a little too much of a one trick pony to hold off the athletes that will be on campus shortly.

What is Allen's status as far as recovering from his injury?

I think the OLine starters will be at worst solid and hopefully very good. It will be interesting to see how the next set gets worked into the mix.

One nit-pick: I'm assuming that the same T. Brown is listed twice at LB. I see four LBs that I'm very excited about and two more that have very good potential as well.

Allen blew his whole knee. I don't see any reason he won't have a hitch in his giddy-up still.

Thomas Brown is listed at either outside linebacker spot. Right now I give the edge to Zaire and Afalava currently.