Projected Starting Line Up

Helms I stole part of yours to save time.

QB: 1. Martinez 2. Armstrong 3. Stanton 4. Kellogg

RB: 1. Abdullah 2. Cross 3. Taylor/Newby - I think people under estimate Cross. He is probably the hardest worker on the team & is freakishly strong.

FB: 1. Zimmerer 2. Janovich

WR1: 1. Enunwa 2. T. Allen

WR2: 1. Turner 2. Moore

WR3: 1. Bell 2. Westerkamp

TE: 1. J. Long 2. Cotton 3. Sutton

LT: 1. Qvale 2. Finnin

LG: 1. Cotton 2. Kondolo

C: 1. Pensick 2. Thurston 3. Pelini

RG: 1. S. Long 2. Moudy/Reeves

RT: 1. Sirles 2. Sterup

DE: 1. Ankrah 2. Natter

DT: 1. Randle 2. Williams

DT: 1. Valentine 2. Curry 3.Nickens/Collins

DE: 1.Gregory 2. McMullen 3. Moss 4. Gangwish

LB: 1. Z. Anderson 2. Roach

LB: 1. Santos 2. Rose 3. Love

LB: 1. Afalava 2. Brown

CB: 1. Seisay 2. J. Rose

CB: 1. Mitchell 2. Green 3. SJB

Nickel: 1. C. Evans 2. Davie

FS: 1. H. Jackson 2. C.Jackson

SS: 1. Cooper 2. Singleton/Gerry

KR: Newby/Turner

PR: Newby or Turner

My guess is that Stanton won't even put on a uniform during game days this year.

I will almost guarantee you he will. He will be one of the QBs on the side line sending in signals. That is a great way for him to learn more the offense, game time action and getting used to being in the middle of action.

I just don't see Cross not having a larger role in the offense this year, given the work he has put in during the off-season. I am most interested to see the defensive improvement throughout the year. This defense has a chance to be pretty damn good by the end of conference play. The athletic ability, and potential is obviously there, so lets hope the offense can cover for them the first half of the year....

Good thing you're not coaching then. I think you're basing most of your stuff off of how the coaches used him instead of his actual ability. When they turned him loose as something more than a power back...he rushed for 100 yards (came close 2 other times). I think he'll be the clear #2 and get quite a few carries.

I would assume the coaches would use a player based on their actual ability...but maybe that's just too logical.

And he hit 100 once...exactly...against Idaho St. The two times he was "close" (60% of the way there anyway) was against Southern Miss, and Ark. St. Not exactly dominant rushing defenses. He totaled 96 yards of rushing from then on. Not something to get all excited about. 10 rushes for 19 yards against Minnesota (1.9ypc) or 22 yards on 8 carries (2.8 ypc) against Penn St. Yeah, when he was "used" he was real dominant (sarcasm)

I just don't see Cross not having a larger role in the offense this year, given the work he has put in during the off-season. I am most interested to see the defensive improvement throughout the year. This defense has a chance to be pretty damn good by the end of conference play. The athletic ability, and potential is obviously there, so lets hope the offense can cover for them the first half of the year....

Good thing you're not coaching then. I think you're basing most of your stuff off of how the coaches used him instead of his actual ability. When they turned him loose as something more than a power back...he rushed for 100 yards (came close 2 other times). I think he'll be the clear #2 and get quite a few carries.

I would assume the coaches would use a player based on their actual ability...but maybe that's just too logical.

And he hit 100 once...exactly...against Idaho St. The two times he was "close" (60% of the way there anyway) was against Southern Miss, and Ark. St. Not exactly dominant rushing defenses. He totaled 96 yards of rushing from then on. Not something to get all excited about. 10 rushes for 19 yards against Minnesota (1.9ypc) or 22 yards on 8 carries (2.8 ypc) against Penn St. Yeah, when he was "used" he was real dominant (sarcasm)

Sooo...you're throwing a guy out after his true freshman year for guys who haven't even stepped foot on campus yet. And, all accounts are that the guy who has been here has been working his azz off.

Sooo...you're throwing a guy out after his true freshman year for guys who haven't even stepped foot on campus yet. And, all accounts are that the guy who has been here has been working his azz off.

I'm not throwing him out. I'm just saying if I had to bet my house on it...I'd go with one or the other Taylor/Newby surpassing Cross by the end of the season. I just don't see Cross being much more than a situation back. And plenty of guys are in there working their butts off, that's not exclusive to Cross. And many of them won't see the field. Tallent often trumps work when you're talking about these skill positions...which is why I see Taylor/Newby trumping Cross by week 8 or so. Shouldn't be surprising considering Cross all but disappeared in the second half of last season too.

All those carries where his average was low was on short yardage situations...like i said, it's how the coaches used him. When they put him in all the time instead of just on 3rd and short or 1st/2nd/3rd and goal, he did well.

He's easily the #2 guy. He puts the time in the film room AND on the field. He's head and shoulders above someone who was just handed a playbook this year.

I hope you're right. I'd rather not have to rely on 2 freshman behind AA.

All those carries where his average was low was on short yardage situations...like i said, it's how the coaches used him. When they put him in all the time instead of just on 3rd and short or 1st/2nd/3rd and goal, he did well.

He's easily the #2 guy. He puts the time in the film room AND on the field. He's head and shoulders above someone who was just handed a playbook this year.

Like we relied on 3 freshmen behind Burkhead?

It's great that Cross works hard but some of you are starting to sound like broken records. That is not a reason for him to play. If it was, we'd probably have 10 more walk ons starting. I'm not saying the other reasons for Cross to be #2 aren't good, but the fact that he works hard isn't one unless it actually helps him produce results.

So no one thinks Andrew Rodriguez is going to be involved in the OL rotation?

He will probably be in the rotation but the line has a lot of depth for once. My guess is he will be in a fight with Sterup & Finnin for a spot in the 4 deep tackle spot. Sirles & Qvale should have the starting job pretty much wrapped up.

It's great that Cross works hard but some of you are starting to sound like broken records. That is not a reason for him to play. If it was, we'd probably have 10 more walk ons starting. I'm not saying the other reasons for Cross to be #2 aren't good, but the fact that he works hard isn't one unless it actually helps him produce results.

Some people put to much weight into how many stars a recruiting service puts behind them or what they did in high school. There are some prime examples of what hard work can get. Spencer Long was a walk-on & Garrison has stated many times his work ethic's have gotten Long to where he is now.

Like we relied on 3 freshmen behind Burkhead?

Yup, doesn't always work out that well. Not a trend I would continue on if possible. And that's why Rex was gassed by the end of that season.

I suppose he will but I've seen nothing from him so far that indicates he deserves to be. Hopefully other guys will step up.

Is it fair to say that Rodriguez has been a bust so far? I remember when we signed him I thought for sure he was primed to start at least a couple of years for us. He looked like the prototype offensive linemen. Hard to believe it's his senior season already.

• Fire 1

I suppose he will but I've seen nothing from him so far that indicates he deserves to be. Hopefully other guys will step up.

Is it fair to say that Rodriguez has been a bust so far? I remember when we signed him I thought for sure he was primed to start at least a couple of years for us. He looked like the prototype offensive linemen. Hard to believe it's his senior season already.

I will reserve my judgment on Rodriguez until after this year. Hopefully he surprises everyone and kills it.

On another topic, do you have a link to the concert or whatever it is that you have a GIF of? I really want to hear the music they are playing.

I will reserve my judgment on Rodriguez until after this year. Hopefully he surprises everyone and kills it.

On another topic, do you have a link to the concert or whatever it is that you have a GIF of? I really want to hear the music they are playing.

LOL no I don't. I'm not sure I want to hear the music they're playing lol.