I miss the Big XII.

The only thing I miss about the Big XII was also f*cked up by the Big XII...

The OU rivalry...

OU sealed that fate because they decided that their rivalry with Teja$ was more important. So screw those losers. Can't wait to see how many more years they let the train-wreck that is Stoops continue to drive them into the ground.

The OU rivalry...

OU sealed that fate because they decided that their rivalry with Teja$ was more important. So screw those losers. Can't wait to see how many more years they let the train-wreck that is Stoops continue to drive them into the ground.

Yeah they are really hurting after winning all those conference championships, going to bcs games, and playing for national titles. Soon they will just be an afterthought.

The OU rivalry...

Yeah they are really hurting after winning all those conference championships, going to bcs games, and playing for national titles. Soon they will just be an afterthought.

Everything is cyclical. And there is a lot of chatter about Stoops and Brown lately. Maybe coaching is the answer....OU and UT have already given up, go support them in their tirades....

BUT ZOMG THE ROSE BOWL IS THE MOAST BEST BOWL

Just because you've never won there doesn't mean it sucks. ;)

Oh relax, don't get butt-hurt.... We're not leaving...

People need to learn what a smiley on a post means. (It means I'm not really being serious) And I'm glad you guys are here.

I agree. I miss talking football at the bar in KC. While there's an occasional Nebraska/Iowa fan, for the most part this is B12 country. I'm sure it's not a big deal to people in Nebraska...but whether it was at work, the bar, the golf course, etc...football was always the conversation. Now I don't have a horse in the race, so it kind of sucks. Takes away a big part of my enjoyment as a fan.

I am with ya there. Here in Oklahoma, all I hear is how NU screwed up the Big 12. Just last week I got into a heated argument over the ordeal. It's amazing how they still believe that we were the ones causing the rift and not Texas and the Big 12 south.

The OU rivalry...

Everything is cyclical. And there is a lot of chatter about Stoops and Brown lately. Maybe coaching is the answer....OU and UT have already given up, go support them in their tirades....

not everything is cyclical. Brown would be closer to getting fired than Stoops would be. Stoops never had a losing season at OU and besides that would be worse than us firing Frank Solich. There's not a lot of coaches that are better than Stoops. I am not supporting them in their tirades just that between us and OU who's been better off since the last decade? As far as losing the NU-OU games Tx was always their main rival. OU-TX is just about the biggest rivalry in college football.

I somewhat agree with the OP. I miss what the Big 12 SHOULD have been, if we didn't have to deal with texa$$' politics and power pulls. I miss the rivalries of the Big 12. I miss the better quality baseball and football. The Big 12 could at least compete with the $EC. I think that OSU will be able to now with Urb, but I don't think that we will ever compete for another MNC in this conference, unless we get a guy like TO, Urb or Saban to coach here, and that is very unlikely to happen. It will also be more difficult to get to the CWS again. The men's basketball was a little easier in the Big 12, so Miles would have a better shot at getting into the upper half of the conference. I don't like the stupid B1G rivalry games or the overrated Rose Bowl, and many of the fans of our new conference foes are worse than CU, KSU, and Mizzou fans. The road trips are farther away, and our fans seem to get treated pretty badly at those locations. To top it all off, OSU gets put on probation, Rutgers is a mess, and PSU had the worst scandal in the history of sports. Pretty embarrassing, really.

I guess the B1G has better wrestling and volleyball, so there is that. In time we will get more TV $$$ and the CIC will be great for the U, but athletically, this has been a fairly poor move. I don't get how many of our fans feel that "its a fit" and it "feels like home." We spent decades (and rightfully so) making fun of how weak B1G football was, now many of those same fans get all twitterpated over playing MSU and Michigan.

• Fire 2

I somewhat agree with the OP. I miss what the Big 12 SHOULD have been, if we didn't have to deal with texa$$' politics and power pulls. I miss the rivalries of the Big 12. I miss the better quality baseball and football. The Big 12 could at least compete with the $EC. I think that OSU will be able to now with Urb, but I don't think that we will ever compete for another MNC in this conference, unless we get a guy like TO, Urb or Saban to coach here, and that is very unlikely to happen. It will also be more difficult to get to the CWS again. The men's basketball was a little easier in the Big 12, so Miles would have a better shot at getting into the upper half of the conference. I don't like the stupid B1G rivalry games or the overrated Rose Bowl, and many of the fans of our new conference foes are worse than CU, KSU, and Mizzou fans. The road trips are farther away, and our fans seem to get treated pretty badly at those locations. To top it all off, OSU gets put on probation, Rutgers is a mess, and PSU had the worst scandal in the history of sports. Pretty embarrassing, really.

I guess the B1G has better wrestling and volleyball, so there is that. In time we will get more TV $$$ and the CIC will be great for the U, but athletically, this has been a fairly poor move. I don't get how many of our fans feel that "its a fit" and it "feels like home." We spent decades (and rightfully so) making fun of how weak B1G football was, now many of those same fans get all twitterpated over playing MSU and Michigan.

Wait, so you're pissed at the poor quality of the B1G's athletics, but you prefer Big 12 basketball because it's easier?

Also, I think you're overrating the quality the current state of Big 12 football. They sure didn't 'compete' in the bowl season last year. Once you make a Rose Bowl I think you'll feel a bit differently about it as well.

Once you make a Rose Bowl I think you'll feel a bit differently about it as well.

I think the Big Ten folks are going to be surprised at how little Nebraska Fan is ever going to care about the Rose Bowl. It's a BCS bowl, therefore a major goal, but it's not in-and-of-itself a goal.

This is part of the Big Ten culture I'd like to see Nebraska have a hand in changing. The Rose Bowl should be respected for being a pioneer and for its longevity, and for the history it's given us. But it is no more important than any other BCS bowl, and it should not be the focus of the top teams in the Big Ten, not in today's climate. Nebraska, Michigan, Ohio State and (maybe) Wiscy and Penn State, depending on how they recover from sanctions, should always be focused on the National Championship first. The Rose Bowl should always, always be a distant second to that goal.

Nebraska Fan (and I'd wager Rutgers Fan and Maryland Fan) aren't going to have that same nostalgia for the Rose Bowl, likely ever.

• Fire 2

The whole Rose Bowl Game thing is overblown.

It's the goal of Sparty, Iowa, Minny, Illinois, PU, IU and Northwestern.

The bottom half of EVERY conference says a conference championship is the goal.

Going to the Rose Bowl Game in 2010 was a consolation prize. The BEST consolation prize but that is all it is.