Third-Graders-Introduce-Obama-at-LGBT-Pride-Event

Thought I'd leave something for you all to chew on while I'm away from here for the weekend.

OK, I know some won't like the source but the video is still what it is

http://www.breitbart...GBT-Pride-Event

So, we have 3rd graders introducing the Pres at this LGBT event. What is your take?

1. no news here just move on

2. Newsworthy - 2 young gals proud of their "mothers"

3. Another politician using kids to advance their ideology - The kids don't know what LGBT means - they are just another pawn in the debate

4. This is a reflection of the moral decline in our country - the 'people's house - being used to promote a sexual lifestyle

5. This is a reflection of the moral advancement in our country - all inclusive - the 'people's house' being used to promote equal rights

My take: It is a reflection of where we are as a nation currently. This is a reminder that we are in a "Post Christian" America. I'm a supporter of DOMA. I don't see sexual preference as an equal right in the same way we looked at equal rights during the civil rights era of the 1960s and women's rights to vote many decades ago. I don't have a problem with recognizing 'partners' hetro or homo when it comes to insurance benefits etc.but I still believe that the definition of 'marriage' should be between one man and and one woman.

Edit:change "women" to "woman" as so astutely pointed out by Moiraine below - "women" would have greatly added to the discussion I'm sure

Edited by TGHusker

"What then is the American, this new man?" that the American is one who "leaving behind him all his ancient prejudices and manners, receives new ones from the new mode of life he has embraced, the government he obeys, and the new rank he holds. He becomes an American by being received in the broad lap of our great Alma Mater. Here individuals of all nations are melted into a new race of men, whose labors and posterity will one day cause great changes in the world."

- J. Hector St. John de Crevecoeur (1782)

• Fire 1

A) No news here at all.

B) I always find it ironic when people wish to prevent the "moral decline of America" by treating certain groups like second class citizens. "And God said, let men judge the sinner so that I don't have to." Or something like that.

• Fire 1

Is it really too crazy to think that letting someone marry another consenting adult, regardless of their gender, is good? I don't see how that is "moral decline".

I don't think that is the part of this that indicates moral decline. But, using innocent third graders to advance your politic position.......

I have no problem with civil unions and I think any law that prohibits them violates a persons right to life, liberty, and happiness. However, I'd much prefer that they left innocent 3rd grade students totally out of it.

• Fire 1

Is it really too crazy to think that letting someone marry another consenting adult, regardless of their gender, is good? I don't see how that is "moral decline".

I don't think that is the part of this that indicates moral decline. But, using innocent third graders to advance your politic position.......

I have no problem with civil unions and I think any law that prohibits them violates a persons right to life, liberty, and happiness. However, I'd much prefer that they left innocent 3rd grade students totally out of it.

Can you summarize the video for me? I can't watch it on my phone.

Not much to summarize. Two nine year old girls were invited to the WH to introduce the Pres for a LGBT pride event. They plugged his positions for gun control and gay marriage. They have two mothers and said they are just as good as anyones parents. I quit watching when Obama started speaking cuz that is generally what I do when he starts talking. The thing is, knowing how those deals get setup, they went out of their way to have these sisters stumping for them. I'm sure they love their mothers, as they should but it just struck me as a bit exploitive of two young children. Pretty much a non-event though.

Not much to summarize. Two nine year old girls were invited to the WH to introduce the Pres for a LGBT pride event. They plugged his positions for gun control and gay marriage. They have two mothers and said they are just as good as anyones parents. I quit watching when Obama started speaking cuz that is generally what I do when he starts talking. The thing is, knowing how those deals get setup, they went out of their way to have these sisters stumping for them. I'm sure they love their mothers, as they should but it just struck me as a bit exploitive of two young children. Pretty much a non-event though.

I see. Yeah, I hate when children are used like that, even if they are aware of what they're doing. If you can't get your message across without exploiting children, you probably don't have a very good message.

• Fire 2

How crazy that these two kids might love their parents and think they should be able to be married!