Vince Young vs. Tim Tebow

knapplc

Vince Young vs. Tim Tebow  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's like deja vu all over again! Much like Tebow's NFL career, you may think he's gone, but he's baaaaaack!

This is probably a more fair matchup. Yes, people will still believe Tebow should be higher, but bottom line is, he can easily be compared to Vince Young. Seeds shouldn't matter here. Vote for the better player.

#13 Vince Young highlights

#52 Tim Tebow highlights

Now this is a tough one. Vince Young carried his team in that National Title Game. Hmmm.. Could go either way on this one. But I have a feeling I'm in the minority.

The bolded is pretty much my logic here. Tebow had Percy Harvin, Aaron Hernandez, etc. etc. I couldn't name another guy on Texas' NC team honestly.

I voted for Young. I'm just surprised based on the other thread that there is such a disparity on this vote.

I'm not. Here's my comment from the other thread:

People either like or hate Tebow and most of the hate has basically nothing to do with what he's accomplished or failed to accomplish on a football field. I don't think it will matter where you put him on the list, he'll lose the first round because too many people don't like him. He'd probably lose to #63 just because.

I voted for Young. I'm just surprised based on the other thread that there is such a disparity on this vote.

People either like or hate Tebow and most of the hate has basically nothing to do with what he's accomplished or failed to accomplish on a football field. I don't think it will matter where you put him on the list, he'll lose the first round because too many people don't like him. He'd probably lose to #63 just because.

As I said, this one was close for me. The others have not been thus far. Had Young not essentially won a title game by putting the team on his back against "the greatest team ever" this would have been a no-brainer for me. I would have gone with Tebow.

As I said, this one was close for me. The others have not been thus far. Had Young not essentially won a title game by putting the team on his back against "the greatest team ever" this would have been a no-brainer for me. I would have gone with Tebow.

That's fine. I'm not saying everyone will vote for Young because they hate Tebow. Just not surprising that he's losing fairly badly.

As I've said before, it's tough to quibble about who got more help. Jamaal Charles was on that team with Young and he's not chopped liver and Selvin Young and Limas Sweed make for a pretty potent offense. Plus they had Michael Griffin, Aaron Ross and a young Brian Orakpo. So they weren't exactly short on talent either.

Pretty much a coin flip on this matchup.

This one was tough. I had to give the vote to Young. I watched VY play a lot and the dude was good. Tebow was damn good too so I based my vote on pure athleticism and VY owns that category. As I said though, tough choice, Tebow at least belongs in these conversations.