Man I forgot how good Taylor's wheels were

ZRod

3000/1000

30/8

10 rushing TDs

If we're winning, those are New York-invitation type numbers.

How many wins would it take to get Taylor to NYC with stats like those? I would imagine we would need to be in the conference title game again for him to get an invite.

3000/1000

30/8

10 rushing TDs

How many wins would it take to get Taylor to NYC with stats like those? I would imagine we would need to be in the conference title game again for him to get an invite.

Including a championship game I'd say we need to be at 11 wins, 10 if they're all hyper competitive but that'd be a stretch.

3000/1000

30/8

10 rushing TDs

Probably 11 during the regular season. More importantly, he would need to have a huge game early on against UCLA, and he would need another great game against Michigan. It would help if Michigan and Nebraska played each other undefeated.

To actually win, he'd probably need all of that, plus a signature game against Ohio State for the conference championship.

Here's some perspective for you all.

Russell Wilson played at NC State for 3 years...during that time, he threw 26 interceptions.

Taylor has thrown 27 interceptions in 3 years. Wilson did have a few more attempts in the pass happy ACC...but honestly, all you guys going on like Taylor throws more interceptions than practically anyone out there are full of it.

Does he fumble? Yep...just about the same amount of times that Ameer Abdullah has.

I found it interesting he has more career fumbles than touchdown passes. That's remarkable. For better or worse.

Also, I don't think his interceptions are that bad, as you illustrated here. As ill-timed as Tony Romo's interceptions perhaps, but by shear volume, not that bad. It's the combination of fumbles and ints that make him elite at turning the ball over.

3000/1000

30/8

10 rushing TDs

Probably 11 during the regular season. More importantly, he would need to have a huge game early on against UCLA, and he would need another great game against Michigan. It would help if Michigan and Nebraska played each other undefeated.

To actually win, he'd probably need all of that, plus a signature game against Ohio State for the conference championship.

I dont think he needs to have a big game against UCLA. In fact, he could actually struggle early in the season if he catches fire, has huge games against the Michigans and gets that signature moment. If the defense is erratic as we expect but he is lights out and carries the team to wins anyway, that would be a big plus as well. Remember, the Heisman as transpired into this "what have you done for me lately" award that is very seldom, if ever, based on the entire body of work.

I have no doubt that Taylor will have another really big year. When he does I really hope he gains the respect that he deserves, from the fans and media. It seems like the people that give him the most credit are other teams and their fans. Anyway, I really hope the D can step up to the plate this year. It was the D not Martinez who kept games close and or got our asses handed to us. It is amazing how people forget this, and as far as Martinez well he definitely isn't the prettiest QB but he gets the job done and with big numbers. I feel he should be rewarded for this, by at the very least his fans.

I dont think he needs to have a big game against UCLA. In fact, he could actually struggle early in the season if he catches fire, has huge games against the Michigans and gets that signature moment. If the defense is erratic as we expect but he is lights out and carries the team to wins anyway, that would be a big plus as well. Remember, the Heisman as transpired into this "what have you done for me lately" award that is very seldom, if ever, based on the entire body of work.

I get your point but I'm not sure I agree. Taylor will have plenty of games to pad the stats if the schedule is as lenient as people think it will be. On the other edge of that sword, there will not be many hyped games this year. I think it is safe to assume that UCLA, Michigan, and a CCG would be his best shot for impressing on a big stage. If he misses on UCLA then he isn't in any conversations until November at best. The media's love affair with Braxton Miller will put Taylor in an uphill battle when he gets tagged "not even the best in his conference". They have come around on Taylor quite a bit but I have yet to see Taylor referenced in any top QB list nationally. If he doesn't start changing minds early then he may not have a chance to later on.

Or Braxton could catch a case of the "Bauserman" and make this a moot point. Ah, a man can dream.

3000/1000

30/8

10 rushing TDs

You're right that the Heisman is somewhat of a "what have you done for me lately," award, but it is also an award that has more to do with hype than actual productivity. If Taylor struggles against UCLA on a national stage, he doesn't have a chance to get back into the conversation until November agains Michigan. He might be able to make a Suh-like charge at the end of the season and get to NYC, but he wouldn't have a shot at winning.

You're right that the Heisman is somewhat of a "what have you done for me lately," award, but it is also an award that has more to do with hype than actual productivity. If Taylor struggles against UCLA on a national stage, he doesn't have a chance to get back into the conversation until November agains Michigan. He might be able to make a Suh-like charge at the end of the season and get to NYC, but he wouldn't have a shot at winning.

The UCLA game is an 11am kickoff, national broadcast or not. I mean if he has an epic meltdown of a game then yes, it will be remembered sorely, but as long as he plays mediocre, he'd be just fine and wouldn't have the glaring eye of the entire country (because they're still in bed :P ) dissecting his performance.

It's the November and (hopefully) December games that will generate his hype.