WR Will Henry

mothy

Would this kid be the tallest reciever ever at NU?  I can't remember what Wilson Thomas was but I don't believe he was 6 foot 5.  That is what the ND WR were all three listed at.  That would be pretty hard for DB to handle.

I think Wilson Thomas was 6'6", or at least I had seen him listed that tall before. Yeah, look at some of the receivers coming in. Holt 6'3"-6'4", Brooks 6-4", Purify 6'4"-6-5" and then maybe Henry, aka Gigantor.

brooks is only listed at 6-2

Anyone know the reason for only 2 stars?

I realize that stars ultimately don't really mean a whole lot, but with this guys size and speed, he looks to be a 3 star+ just on paper. You would think there is a reason he isn't rated higher.

Is it maybe that he just hasn't gotten much publicity or sent much tape out? It just seems weird that a kid with this much potential would be rated so low. He also has offers from 3 big X11 schools, so its obvious he has garnered some attention (from the people that really matter ;) )

Lack of exposure.

Just look at the part of the country he lives in.

UTEP and NMSU jumped all over this guy, now alot of big time schools have followed.

I think Wilson Thomas was 6'6", or at least I had seen him listed that tall before. Yeah, look at some of the receivers coming in. Holt 6'3"-6'4", Brooks 6-4", Purify 6'4"-6-5" and then maybe Henry, aka Gigantor.

My bad, I thought he was taller. :thumbs

me too, coming out of high school I always thought he was 6-3/6-4...swift is 6-2, brooks is 6-2, nunn is 6-0...and along with all the others that have been named that is a tall group of wr's...

me too, coming out of high school I always thought he was 6-3/6-4...swift is 6-2, brooks is 6-2, nunn is 6-0...and along with all the others that have been named that is a tall group of wr's...

When he was being recruited Brooks was listed as 6-4 by Scout.com, Rivals.com, and Collegefootballnews.com Then when he signed with NU he was listed as 6-3 by Huskerpedia and Huskerboard.com Now that he is on the roster he is 6-2. Who's holding the tape measure? Who can you trust? Maybe Henry is only 6-1.

• 2 weeks later...

Visit Date: January 13, 2006

Scholarships offered:Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico State, Texas Tech, UTEP Favorites: Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico State, Texas Tech

Rivals: NR/ :star:star

Bid Red Report:NR/:star

Assessing the talent: 2005: He had 56 receptions, 927 yards, 12 touchdowns in his senior season. Big tsll tsrgt to throw to.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 50%

Does anyone know, did Henry show up this weekend for his visit?

I hope so.....man, the football god's must be on our side a little....

How about welcoming a Texas guys with mid- 50's temperature during the middle of January..... talk about a little luck....

C'mon Will, say YES.

It's always this warm in January. ;)

Wow, mid 50's eh? That's pretty good for you guys this time of year. We've been in the mid upper 70's, mid 80's for the past 2-3 weeks. must be a warm winter everywhere.

Yeah, I was in Dallas last weekend and it was awesome. Wore shorts for the first time since October, it was great! I am sure that the weather not being really cold and snowy here might help since Henry is from El Paso, but he has to know it isn't always like this. I think he will come here because Nebraska has got the most to offer him, aside from UTEP which is in his backyard.