WR Will Henry

mothy

Will.jpg

This is me, and yes i am glad to be apart of the husker nation, the reason i wasnt so highly recruited outta highschool is because first of all, elpaso football use to really suck ,so people never really looked her for talent, but now its somewhat on a rise, we never had teams ever go far in the playoffs untill recently in teh last couple of years. my sophomore year i was on varsity and we had a run oriented offese,we ended up 1-9, and i had like 2 catches all year for 45 yards, we had a new coach come in and we had to change EVERYTHING around, so it was a big adjustment, my senior year we started to get everything rollin, and i had a junior qb come in and start wit no varsity experience, we ended up 5-5. i ended up wit 920 yards 50 catches and 13 tds, but its still elpaso so i wasnt gonna get noticed much. so i had to send out tapes, and sure enough, ima Husker. Halla

Awesome, great to have you as a member of Husker Nation & Huskerboard.com. :)

You made an excellent choice man. As you are probably learning, Nebraska football is second to none in overall support for the program and passion throughout the state & country. You'll be treated like a pro around the state, but as long as you remain humble & work hard, you will also be treated like family, and this will become your springboard to success. Be prepared for an experience like no other - the toughest yet most rewarding of your life.

We'd love to hear from you on the board every now and then, so drop us a line when you get a chance with some updates on how things are progressing for you. Best of luck, and Go Big Red!

:restore2

“I know that everybody looks at Rivals.com and Scout.com,” Cleveland said. “But these coaches — Bill Callahan (of Nebraska), Mike Leach (of Texas Tech), Mike Price (of Texas-El Paso) and Hal Mumme (of New Mexico State) — know the game. They don’t need to look at Rivals.com and Scout.com to know when they need to recruit a kid.”

That sums up the limited scope that rivals and scout uses when it looks at players. The fact that great offensive minds like Leach and Mumme like what they see in Henry shows he may be a special player. With the right players fitting into his system Coach Callahan may soon be viewed as a great offensive mind as well.

:clap Welcome aboard Will :clap

Your experience here will be top notch. Just wait until you come out of the tunnel for the first game next year... We are excited that you chose NU..... Coach Callahan will have this offense making a lot of noise during the next few years...

Great choice, and good luck.

WHat does he lack that so little attention has been shown?

KInda dumb, but I think I can answer my own question now. From what I can find is he didn't go to many camps during his junior year, last year his team ran the ball a lot and because of this he got very little attention. He only had about 300 yards receiiving and like 15 cathces. His team was also pretty bad.

KInda dumb, but I think I can answer my own question now. From what I can find is he didn't go to many camps during his junior year, last year his team ran the ball a lot and because of this he got very little attention. He only had about 300 yards receiiving and like 15 cathces. His team was also pretty bad.

In the three articles you posted the numbers were much better. The Omaha World Herald said he had 58 catches, 920 yards, and 12 tds. The Lincoln Journal Star said 56 catches, 927 yards, and 12 tds. The El Paso Times said 52 catches, 917 yards, and 12 tds.

Overlooking their journalistic inconsistency, why would you throw out numbers far below those totals?

In the three articles you posted the numbers were much better. The Omaha World Herald said he had 58 catches, 920 yards, and 12 tds. The Lincoln Journal Star said 56 catches, 927 yards, and 12 tds. The El Paso Times said 52 catches, 917 yards, and 12 tds.

Overlooking their journalistic inconsistency, why would you throw out numbers far below those totals?

the 15 catches for 300 yards was for his junior year, and the 52-58 catches for 900-930 yards was for his senior year. There was a coaching philosophy change, which is why there is a difference.

I dont know if any of you watched any of florida states games but this is the guy im thinking of when i envision Henry.... http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profi...playerId=169010

He was a :star:star:star on scout and :star:star:star:star on rivals in the 2004 class, he redshirted but really didnt put on a whole lot of weight, so who knows... if Henry can pick up the offense, at least a few play sets to get him involved he could be a force in the redzone. Much like Carr was.

Guys, PLEASE don't send a PM to Will Henry. It is considered an NCAA violation if you start corrosponding back and forth with him like that. If you have anything to say, make sure you say it in the post here and not in private. That way, everything is documented.

Please watch what you say to him as well for the next 2 weeks untill LOI