Table Rock Lake is a blast. Or Lake of the Ozarks. I've been to Table Rock the past 2 summers, and it's become one of my favorite places.

I live close to Table Rock Lake. It is fantastic, and as much as I wish she'd want to stay local, she won't :wasted

I'm a big fan of water vacations, so another place might be Destin, FL or PCB, or Cancun. If you're looking for landmark vacations, I've been to very few of those so I have no idea.

Table Rock Lake is a blast. Or Lake of the Ozarks. I've been to Table Rock the past 2 summers, and it's become one of my favorite places.

I live close to Table Rock Lake. It is fantastic, and as much as I wish she'd want to stay local, she won't :wasted

I'm a big fan of water vacations, so another place might be Destin, FL or PCB, or Cancun. If you're looking for landmark vacations, I've been to very few of those so I have no idea.

Yeah, I think we're looking for the sight-seeing locations, with good food, and good night life.... Something different then what ole Missouri has to offer....

another good idea would be new orleans. that is my favorite place on earth. great food, great music, and to-go cups. and haunted tours.

It looks just ghetto enough to be awesome.... Is it expensive?

i do not think so. it was our belated honeymoon. we stayed about a week at the inn on bourbon. we did not rent a car and walked everywhere. only really spent money on food and booze, except for a show, a walking tour, and a few other miscellaneous expenses. if you get a car, it can be pretty expensive because you have to pay for parking everywhere, including your hotel. i guess that could be a problem if you drove down, but maybe you could park it at like a parking garage outside of town or at the airport and take a shuttle to your hotel.

another good idea would be new orleans. that is my favorite place on earth. great food, great music, and to-go cups. and haunted tours.

It looks just ghetto enough to be awesome.... Is it expensive?

i do not think so. it was our belated honeymoon. we stayed about a week at the inn on bourbon. we did not rent a car and walked everywhere. only really spent money on food and booze, except for a show, a walking tour, and a few other miscellaneous expenses. if you get a car, it can be pretty expensive because you have to pay for parking everywhere, including your hotel. i guess that could be a problem if you drove down, but maybe you could park it at like a parking garage outside of town or at the airport and take a shuttle to your hotel.

That's a pretty good suggestion. But budget enough for a few good meals. The food is simply awesome. Also, I'd stay in the Garden District within a block or two of the trolley. It's two or three miles from Bourbon Street, which is more colorful. But just too crazy into the wee hours of the morning (and expensive). I've gone to N.O. twice, and stayed in both places, btw.

We literally don't vacation, so what would you guys (sdsker/Nuance) consider a reasonable budget for a trip to New Orleans?

i really wish i could remember better. we had an attitude that we would not worry about money and just charged everything (i got a new ipod with the points). the flight and hotel was a lot of what we spent. i am hesitant to even estimate on a dollar amount for spending money. we ate pretty well on the trip, but only had one really expensive meal at a fancy restaurant. we mostly just walked around bourbon, frenchman street, and the french quarter. then we ate when we wanted, went to a show, and went on a haunted tour. depending on how you budget and how well you plan, it can be pretty reasonable.

oh, and we used yelp! a lot.

We literally don't vacation, so what would you guys (sdsker/Nuance) consider a reasonable budget for a trip to New Orleans?

i really wish i could remember better. we had an attitude that we would not worry about money and just charged everything (i got a new ipod with the points). the flight and hotel was a lot of what we spent. i am hesitant to even estimate on a dollar amount for spending money. we ate pretty well on the trip, but only had one really expensive meal at a fancy restaurant. we mostly just walked around bourbon, frenchman street, and the french quarter. then we ate when we wanted, went to a show, and went on a haunted tour. depending on how you budget and how well you plan, it can be pretty reasonable.

oh, and we used yelp! a lot.

I think our B&B in the Garden District was around $135/night or so. It was right on St. Charles Street. Don't recall the name. We didn't take a car. Flew there, and took a shuttle to the B&B. Then just took the trolley everyplace we wanted to go. It was a fun way to get around--even though it has a limited route. We stayed in a hotel near Bourbon Street the second time. It cost a fortune to stay there. Something like $270 per night. But in New Orleans, no matter how much you budget, you'll spend more.

Hey Rollin Rock, I know you are looking for recommendations, but you can find out how much hotels and other places cost by looking on the interweb. Just try to think of things that you and your wife like to do and places you are interested in checking out. Vacations aren't a waste of time. It's fun to go some place new and get away from your normal life. Also, you can probably talk your wife into a lot of "vacation sex" while on your trip.