The Iowegians are running scared from Black Friday once again

Who would you rather play on Black Friday?  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm shocked at the support here on Huskerboard for changing the black Friday game to Wisconsin (17 votes to 4 votes?). I'm all for sticking with Iowa. It's a border war, and part of a great year-end rivalry is the proximity of the hate. I'd be disappointed if they switched that game to Wisconsin. Something about Iowa feels right at the end of the season....

You mean like having the boring games that we did when we played Colorado? I went to every home game and literally wanted to go home before the end because of how bad it was. Iowa is nothing but a forced rivalry that will go nowhere just as Colorado was. Noone cared at all except for Co when they actually won.

I would love to have the rivalry that we did with OU. Even now (I live in Oklahoma) older OU fans and I talk about the 80s when everyone in the country couldn't wait for that game to come on after Thanksgiving. With Wisconsin, we could have that again.

Screw the easy game at the end. I love the nail biting to the very end. Not only would this be exciting, but really put us over the edge thru out the nation for exposure.

Since we started playing Colorado on black friday, the ONLY blowout win (or game period) occured in 2010. 2006 could be considered a blowout, but being there, it was much more competitive than the score. Our losses in 2002 and 2004 were probably more lopsided than the score would indicate. Regardless, most of the CU friday games were pretty damn competitive and exciting.

Um........

We dont talk about that day in public. You understand me?

I'm shocked at the support here on Huskerboard for changing the black Friday game to Wisconsin (17 votes to 4 votes?). I'm all for sticking with Iowa. It's a border war, and part of a great year-end rivalry is the proximity of the hate. I'd be disappointed if they switched that game to Wisconsin. Something about Iowa feels right at the end of the season....

You mean like having the boring games that we did when we played Colorado? I went to every home game and literally wanted to go home before the end because of how bad it was. Iowa is nothing but a forced rivalry that will go nowhere just as Colorado was. Noone cared at all except for Co when they actually won.

I would love to have the rivalry that we did with OU. Even now (I live in Oklahoma) older OU fans and I talk about the 80s when everyone in the country couldn't wait for that game to come on after Thanksgiving. With Wisconsin, we could have that again.

Screw the easy game at the end. I love the nail biting to the very end. Not only would this be exciting, but really put us over the edge thru out the nation for exposure.

Since we started playing Colorado on black friday, the ONLY blowout win (or game period) occured in 2010. 2006 could be considered a blowout, but being there, it was much more competitive than the score. Our losses in 2002 and 2004 were probably more lopsided than the score would indicate. Regardless, most of the CU friday games were pretty damn competitive and exciting.

Um........

tumblr_m7ysefT5Zx1rwcc6bo1_400.gif

+1 ^

I normally run from scary clown types, but Okaive nailed this one. Would love to have a high profile, full of meaning game on black friday again.

If Iowa didn't go 4-8 last year as well as Ferentz publicaly complaining about the Friday game, the B1G wouldn't be looking at switching things up. Screw 'em. I'm sure Alaverz at Wisconsin would embrace playing Nebraska on Black Friday.

Oh and I agree with the time, let's do it at 2:30.

Screw the hawks.It would be more competitive to pull 11 women from a shopping mall on Black Friday.And they would probably be okay with 2:30.Should be done shopping by then.

I'm actually in the minority on here, I prefer Iowa for a number of reasons:

1. Border game, it feels like playing Colorado, and I liked playing Colorado at the end of the year.

2. Easy win before Indy. The last thing we want is Wisconsin banging up our defense before we have to go play OSU or Michigan.

3. Madison at the end of November? No thanks.

To me, Wisconsin seems like it's destined to be our most competitive rival. Their two main rivalries at this point (Minnesota, Iowa) have been hilariously uncompetitive as of late. But for a number of reasons, I'd prefer to see NU-UW early in October a la Oklahoma-Texas.

Um........

i know right? come on bro