The Iowegians are running scared from Black Friday once again

Who would you rather play on Black Friday?  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for Wisconsin, but the more I think about it, Id like to keep it Iowa. Wisconsin is a possible prime time game that we are putting at 11 a.m. if we do this. Looking at the West division, prime time matchups are going to be few and far between, so we need UW in that time slot. Plus, Madison and Lincoln will be crazy if that game is a night game in October.

I voted for Wisconsin, but the more I think about it, Id like to keep it Iowa. Wisconsin is a possible prime time game that we are putting at 11 a.m. if we do this. Looking at the West division, prime time matchups are going to be few and far between, so we need UW in that time slot. Plus, Madison and Lincoln will be crazy if that game is a night game in October.

Halloween?

I voted for the Badgers. What does the Wisconsin program/fanbase think of this? Anyone know?

West

-Nebraska

-Wisconsin

-Northwestern

-Purdue

-Minnesota

-Iowa

-Illinois

East

-Ohio State

-Michigan

-Michigan State

-Penn State

-Indiana

-Rutgers

-Maryland

It makes sense to me. If the Hawkeyes don't want it, then why force it?

The question is does Wisconsin want it? I can't imagine why not. They don't have an annual end-of-the-year game anyways..

"Red Friday"

cornrules.gif

Nowhere in the original article does anyone from Iowa say anything.

Exactly. The only thing it says about Iowa is that they agreed to continue with the schedule. The BIG is who will make the choice.

Sort of. The schools do have some say in moving games off of Saturday. And Iowa whined about extending the run of Friday games already. I really get the impression there was pressure put on Iowa from the conference (Delany) and that is why it got extended for now, and why there is backroom talk about changing the end of year game. Iowa wants out. If Iowa was happy about keeping it going, then there wouldnt be this conversation even. Nebraska wants to keep the Black Friday game very much. If that means finding a different team, then so be it. A better opponent will get it off that 11 AM time slot too.

Wisconsin is not always good, traditionally average / sh**ty. 644–476–51 (.572) We would be better off for a legitimate national title shot doing tOSU (837–316–53 (.716)) or Even Michgen 903–315–36 (.734). Wisconsin is only slightly better than Iowa traditionally 598–530–39 (.529). Just my two cents would much rather end the year every year playing tOSU.

Wisconsin is not always good, traditionally average / sh**ty. 644–476–51 (.572) We would be better off for a legitimate national title shot doing tOSU (837–316–53 (.716)) or Even Michgen 903–315–36 (.734). Wisconsin is only slightly better than Iowa traditionally 598–530–39 (.529). Just my two cents would much rather end the year every year playing tOSU.

Using win/loss totals from before Alvarez at Wisconsin does not accurately depict the current state of the program. Over the last 20 years or so they are very good.

End of the season games will be divisional games. To add drama ideally, and prevent a rematch of teams in back to back weeks.

I voted for Wiscy even though I would rather have Iowa rise to the occasion and make this border war worthwhile. The sad fact is that Iowa is a long way off, and the Badgers look like they are in it for the long haul. A game that means more for deciding the division race would be far more compelling.

Ummmm

I think both of these teams are occupied the last week of the season

Ummmm

I think both of these teams are occupied the last week of the season

I think they have been for the lat 95 years...

I can't even.

I vote Iowa. I simply love being with family, having a beer or 5 in hand, amazing food at my beckon and watching the huskers kick the living **** out of Iowa. It's satisfying. Perhaps I just transferred my disdain of the buffaloes to the hawk eyes. They are pretty annoying after all. Wisky is a game I get to intense for and I feel I would burst at the seams with all of that food and yelling!!

I vote Iowa. I simply love being with family, having a beer or 5 in hand, amazing food at my beckon and watching the huskers kick the living **** out of Iowa. It's satisfying. Perhaps I just transferred my disdain of the buffaloes to the hawk eyes. They are pretty annoying after all. Wisky is a game I get to intense for and I feel I would burst at the seams with all of that food and yelling!!

Which is all the more reason to have Whisky as our opponent on Black Friday. It brings back the real feel of the original Black Friday games with the Sooners.

• Fire 1