Season Tickets

Side note to you season ticket holders: how many "priority points" do you need before you start getting approved for tickets? I'm fresh out of UNL and I've got a little student debt to pay off before I can start splurging on season tickets but for 2014 and beyond, I'm kind of curious.

I think that if you say you will donate $250 or $500 a ticket, you can get season tickets. They will be super high up in one of the end zones, but you can probably get into the stadium. The priority points have more to do with getting better seats and tickets for road games.

Side note to you season ticket holders: how many "priority points" do you need before you start getting approved for tickets? I'm fresh out of UNL and I've got a little student debt to pay off before I can start splurging on season tickets but for 2014 and beyond, I'm kind of curious.

I think that if you say you will donate $250 or $500 a ticket, you can get season tickets. They will be super high up in one of the end zones, but you can probably get into the stadium. The priority points have more to do with getting better seats and tickets for road games.

This summer they indicated that you could possibly even get them without the donation up the new areas. That was the end of June first part of July and the implication was that you could still get tickets if you wanted at that point as some people on the waiting list passed on those seats waiting for better ones down lower. I don't know if things have changed since then.

I have no idea on points needed. The tickets I have we've had since 1980's.

Priority points are the tie-breaker. They put everyone who is willing to pay a certain amount together and then the person with the most Priority Points gets the best seats. I think the lowest seats are the ones at the top of the new addition which they were expecting a $150 donation per seat. The next step up was expected to be $250 but I don't know how it all came out. I would guess if you put in for $250 per seat you would get some tickets.

A little tip for those who don't have priority points. The donation levels are the minimum donations required for that area. When I wanted tickets I had no points and was told the minimum donation at the time was 250 but those with priority points would probably get the tickets. So I donated 275 per seat. I immediately moved ahead of everyone that offered a donation of 250 even those with points.

From Husker Mike:

Following up on CornNation's article about donation requirements dropping, I contacted the University ticket office this morning. The article is rather misleading in implying that the entire stadium is somehow "on sale" - it's not. In fact, for the most part... it's sold out.

But note I said "for the most part". There are still seats available in the upper end zones, though they require a $150 per seat donation. Is this down from past years? Yes. That's a function of supply and demand. Nebraska added 6,000 seats this season. Most years, only a few hundred seats become available, mostly because season ticketholders pass away or choose not to renew. I suspect that very few people choose to not renew, but rather sell their tickets on the secondary market. So that cap meant that donation requirements are typically very high.

LINK