Gameday parking and route to stadium

Thanks for the tip! Which boarding spot would be easiest if coming from the west ? Also can you park at the softball stadium?

Here is a link for the shuttles: http://www.lincoln.ne.gov/city/pworks/startran/programs/bigredex/ The closest coming from the west would be: MSC/Airport (I-80 Exit #399) NW 12th & W Bond (turn right just past McDonald's)

There is also parking @ haymarket park. I think they charge 20.00 if I remember right. Although, you can park west of the stadium across the street (Sun Valley Blvd) for either 5.00 or 10.00. The field across the street can be a bit more of a walk, but I've taken my kids when they were 5-8 years old and parked there. Kind of depends on how old your kids are. :-) I live in NW Lincoln and my rule is usually to leave about 2 hours prior to kickoff (at the latest).

The shuttle might be convenient and fun in it's own way but I always prefer to park downtown or on campus and fully absorb the spectacle. If your kids can handle walking a mile or two, that's the way I'd go.

I am 100% with JJHusker. You can easily park at fraternity on campus for $10-15, and make the walk through campus to the stadium. It's awesome seeing all the people in red, and I love the walk through campus.

The one disclaimer is that I usually get to campus 3 hours before game time and hit a tailgate spot for a couple hours. I took my 6 year old son to the So Miss game last year, and he had a great time (even though it was as if the game was being played on the surface of the sun). He loved driving through downtown, seeing all the people in red, walking through campus, and then tailgating.

Plus, when the game is over, you can get quickly back to your car, and you can be back on I-80 westbound within a few minutes.

For shuttle service nothing bears Big Red Keno. Good food, beer specials, lots of families, and tvs every where showing every game.

Then a free ride to the stadium.

Where do they drop off and pick up at now MO? Havent been there in years and am taking Dad to the first game.

Their drop off points right in front of the Lincoln grand cinema at P and 11th. It's about a mile walk. Go through lots of tail gates or campus on the way in. Best part is if you get on the first bus you get there like 2 hours early.