Has Bo had a pissed off post-practice presser yet?

Two things:

1) Why are people questioning Green's ball skills? He has enough to have started at CB for several games last year. He and Evans were easily the best tacklers in the secondary (maybe the whole team), so I think it makes sense to try him at safety.

2) Why all the love for CJax at safety? He had some good special teams plays, but could barely crack the defensive lineup last year. He did worse in ball skills IMO than Green, so why should he be a safety?

I keep getting visions of Green getting smoked in the Wiscy and Georgia game.

Oh I see you already covered that EZ. I guess my question would be for you RedDenver. Where did you see enjough of CJax at any defensive position to judge his ball skills? I'm not saying your wrong, I just hardly remember him playing? Personally, I think he's athletic enough to play either CB or Safety..

Sipple implied the media access was cut back because of the booster that may or may not have been critical of Bo.

The media access has been changed twice - if I've followed everything correctly, the first practice with media availability was moved back because of the fan day incident (Dirk being Dirk, allegedly). Then later that week, the booster article came out, and Bo changed media access again on the following Monday.

Two things:

1) Why are people questioning Green's ball skills? He has enough to have started at CB for several games last year. He and Evans were easily the best tacklers in the secondary (maybe the whole team), so I think it makes sense to try him at safety.

2) Why all the love for CJax at safety? He had some good special teams plays, but could barely crack the defensive lineup last year. He did worse in ball skills IMO than Green, so why should he be a safety?

Oh I see you already covered that EZ. I guess my question would be for you RedDenver. Where did you see enjough of CJax at any defensive position to judge his ball skills? I'm not saying your wrong, I just hardly remember him playing? Personally, I think he's athletic enough to play either CB or Safety..

I've got no problem with CJax at safety. There's just been some talk in this thread that we HAVE to get him on the field. I'm curious what makes people think that.

EDIT: When I said CJax didn't have the ball skills of Green, that's based mostly on the fact that Green was playing corner and CJax was on the bench. The few times I saw CJax he looked about the same as all the other DB's.

On a slightly different note: there's a lot of love for Terry Joseph that I don't quite get. The CB's have been good, but our safeties have been horrible. I don't have anything against him, I just don't understand the confidence.

Two things:

I've got no problem with CJax at safety. There's just been some talk in this thread that we HAVE to get him on the field. I'm curious what makes people think that.

EDIT: When I said CJax didn't have the ball skills of Green, that's based mostly on the fact that Green was playing corner and CJax was on the bench. The few times I saw CJax he looked about the same as all the other DB's.

On a slightly different note: there's a lot of love for Terry Joseph that I don't quite get. The CB's have been good, but our safeties have been horrible. I don't have anything against him, I just don't understand the confidence.

Cjax was a freshman and Joseph has only been here a year. CJackson has talent. If you want to talk about seeing the field Cjax saw it just as much as a freshman as the backup nickel as Harvey did as a 3rd year soph. The fact that Harvey has been here 4 years and has barely saw the field as much as a freshman, should tell you all you need to know IMO

our safeties have sucked because lack of talent. not because of joseph. he is a hell of a coach and i would go out on a limb and say he is the best one we have had here in some time. better then marvin.

Ok. I'm not even saying he isn't good or won't be good, but why do you think Joseph is better? Or why is he good at all?

Cjax was a freshman and Joseph has only been here a year. CJackson has talent. If you want to talk about seeing the field Cjax saw it just as much as a freshman as the backup nickel as Harvey did as a 3rd year soph. The fact that Harvey has been here 4 years and has barely saw the field as much as a freshman, should tell you all you need to know IMO

Joseph has only been here a year, so there's not much to go on. I don't know or even have much of an opinion of the guy. I'm really looking for some insight here if anybody has some.

CJax could be phenomenal or he could fade into the background, I'm not taking a side here. Being better than Harvey Jackson is something. I guess I just don't see why there's such excitement for him.

Two things:

Green is a better than average corner. His issue is he doesn't have or doesnt appear to have the natural "timing" down to make a play on the ball. Not saying he doesn't make the play because of it but he'll often jump a little too soon for an INT and then miss and the guy ends up with the ball and he ends up out of place and has to make the hard tackle.

CJax is just a very gifted athlete. Once he has the technique down and the concepts from TJ who is considered a very good teacher which is why he's a great coach (plus he's a good recruiter) CJax will be very very hard to make a play against. He has the ability to quickly get up in run support should the play go that direction or recover and help on pass protection. Its just a matter of knowing all the working parts of the defense and who's going where on what plays. It takes time to learn what every guy in front of you is supposed to do and how to realize that someone didn't get it done. He'll play faster as he knows more.