Dress Code in place for Lincoln Entertainment District

A local bar across the river in Iowa told me that I HAD to tuck my Nebraska necklace inside my shirt. I looked at the security guard guy and asked if he was serious to which he responded back yes I'm being serious. I then replied back that they're only making me do it because its a Husker necklace in Hawkeye country and no joke this was his response back, "you can use that as a weapon!" WHAT? Use my Husker necklace as a weapon?

I saw a guy kill a man with a teacup once. Anything is possible

i had a criminal justice professor explain to our class that lorena bobbitt's husband's penis was a weapon.

A local bar across the river in Iowa told me that I HAD to tuck my Nebraska necklace inside my shirt. I looked at the security guard guy and asked if he was serious to which he responded back yes I'm being serious. I then replied back that they're only making me do it because its a Husker necklace in Hawkeye country and no joke this was his response back, "you can use that as a weapon!" WHAT? Use my Husker necklace as a weapon?

I saw a guy kill a man with a teacup once. Anything is possible

i had a criminal justice professor explain to our class that lorena bobbitt's husband's penis was a weapon.

A weapon? Like a shotgun or something? Well, it's a sawed-off shotgun now.

:lol:

• Fire 2

Seems pretty stupid. I've been going to the haymarket practically all my life and never noticed a problem with the dress of people or hooligans.

Yesterday I actually took a little spin through the "west" haymarket to see what it looked like now that it's almost finished. It use to feel like a genuinely quaint area without the artificial planned feel that many urban hot spots have. I think that's all over now, and things like this just add insult to injury as all the chains and franchises prepare to roll in.

Yeah, because an area with new, fun places to hang out, eat, and drink is totally lame. From the information I have seen, it's going to be a mix of local establishments and chains. I walked around the area in July, and I thought it looked really cool. If it's half as successful as the KC Power & Light district, it will be a huge success for Lincoln. I congratulate Lincoln for being so forward thinking and making this happen.

I didn't mean to give a tone of overly complaining or suggest that it should not have been further developed. It will be good for Lincoln, and it's already been good seeing dollars spent on upgrading the downtown infrastructure that has always been awful.

It was just a reflection on seeing the area transformed from a mostly run down dump (20 years ago) to an full developed urban entertainment area that will not be a whole lot different than what many cities have. Something gained, something lost. I still don't see the point of an outside company trying to enforce a dress code. I can hardly imagine a dude walking into a bar on a blazing hot summer day being thrown out to the tune of "We don't serve your kind here!".

Seems pretty stupid. I've been going to the haymarket practically all my life and never noticed a problem with the dress of people or hooligans.

Yesterday I actually took a little spin through the "west" haymarket to see what it looked like now that it's almost finished. It use to feel like a genuinely quaint area without the artificial planned feel that many urban hot spots have. I think that's all over now, and things like this just add insult to injury as all the chains and franchises prepare to roll in.

Yeah, because an area with new, fun places to hang out, eat, and drink is totally lame. From the information I have seen, it's going to be a mix of local establishments and chains. I walked around the area in July, and I thought it looked really cool. If it's half as successful as the KC Power & Light district, it will be a huge success for Lincoln. I congratulate Lincoln for being so forward thinking and making this happen.

I didn't mean to give a tone of overly complaining or suggest that it should not have been further developed. It will be good for Lincoln, and it's already been good seeing dollars spent on upgrading the downtown infrastructure that has always been awful.

It was just a reflection on seeing the area transformed from a mostly run down dump to an full developed urban entertainment area that will not be a whole lot different than what many cities have. Something gained, something lost. I still don't see the point of an outside company trying to enforce a dress code. I can hardly imagine a dude walking into a bar on a blazing hot summer day being thrown out to the tune of "We don't serve your kind here!".

No problem, bro. I think it would be awesome if the entire area was filled with local businesses, but it may not have been possible. Urban renewal has been going on all over the country the past 2 decades. Hopefully, the people of Lincoln and Nebraska can make the area unique.

I once was kicked out of a place for not dancing... while I was at the bar ordering a drink lol

that sounds like a bizarro version of the town from 'footloose'.

It was weird. There were about as many bouncers as patrons in the place. AND we had just lost to USC that evening... on my birthday :(

F*************CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!

Those bastards ruined my birthday too!