Dress Code in place for Lincoln Entertainment District

http://www.wowt.com/...ml?device=phone

How does everyone feel about this? Personally i see it both ways for their reasoning. But in the end, i think there shouldn't be a dress code. Who the hell do we think we are? Lincoln builds an entertainment district and now we think we are top notch? Get over yourself. People wear tanks in the summer, and people wear tanks at husker games and then will want to go down there and can't. People can't watch a husker game on the cube if they plan on wearing a tank top, what a joke. The profanity makes sense, but how many people are wearing shirts that have profanity anyways? 1 in 10,000? And no chain that's attached to a wallet? f'ing stupid.

A lot of times, it is not the City that is imposing these rules, it is the management groups that own and/or run these developments.

For example, Cordish ran the Kansas City Power & Light area. They have toned back some of their regulations because of discrimination complaints ("baggy clothing, undergarments, and athletic wear"). Still, it is up to them to determine their dress code. They only thing that would bother me is tank-tops during the summer. Then again, I can see what they are thinking with that dress code (think: wife-beaters).

KCLive! dress code:

The following is not permitted under the KC Live! dress code: sleeveless shirts on men; profanity on clothing; sweat pants or full sweat suits; bandanas; exposed undergarments on men; excessively long shirts (when standing upright with your arms at your side, the bottom of your shirt cannot extend below the tip of your fingers). Management reserves the right to deny entry or remove any individual who does not comply with the code of conduct.

"no shirts or tank tops for men"

That's incredibly sexist, and it somehow manages to be sexist against both genders. Men aren't allowed to be comfortable. But women can be comfortable, so they can get ogled I guess?

I was going to complain about the biking thing too but I'm guessing this area is gonna have a place between the buildings with no traffic allowed. (At first I was thinking they actually meant the streets as well).

While I agree that it seems a bit unconstitutional to regulate what people can wear in a public area, I really don't have a problem with these regulations, specifically the bits about panhandling, loitering, skate boarding, and fighting.

Is it a public area? I was presuming it was owned by a private entity and operated by a management company, like Kansas City Power & Light.

While I agree that it seems a bit unconstitutional to regulate what people can wear in a public area, I really don't have a problem with these regulations, specifically the bits about panhandling, loitering, skate boarding, and fighting.

Is it a public area? I was presuming it was owned by a private entity and operated by a management company, like Kansas City Power & Light.

I don't know. If it is owned by a private entity, I don't have a problem with them regulating whatever they want.

And no chain that's attached to a wallet?

this should be a federal law.

Read it again:

no clothing that could be considered a weapon, such as chains or wallets and accessories that have spikes on them

"or", not "on", and only if they have spikes on them.

i did not read the article. i never leave the house in anything less than a suit. i just believe that chains attached to wallets should be nationally banned.

And no chain that's attached to a wallet?

this should be a federal law.

Read it again:

no clothing that could be considered a weapon, such as chains or wallets and accessories that have spikes on them

"or", not "on", and only if they have spikes on them.

i did not read the article. i never leave the house in anything less than a suit. i just believe that chains attached to wallets should be nationally banned.

I had no idea Barney Stinson was a Husker fan.

I don't know. If it is owned by a private entity, I don't have a problem with them regulating whatever they want.

You want to know who it's really owned by? The people of Lincoln having to spend 9% tax everytime they eat out.