Harvey Jackson

Hey, Gerry has a topic so Jackson deserves one too.

I think HJ gonna be a damn good one. I expect him to start this year with Cjax beside him. What are the rest of you hearing about starting safety? What are your expectations?

What exactly excites you about him, TTTRA?

I won't argue against Coop, cuz' I think he is a damn good one too. I just always liked Harvey Jackson out there. Seems like the guy is just a natural playmaker. I wouldn't mind seeing CJax, HJ, and Cooper all rotate in back there honestly.

This is why im excited about the defense. Not because theyre world beaters, but because we have depth and versatility at every position group. We can rotate freely, (which we will do in order to matchup with their personnel) and not miss a beat. That way injuries are less impactful, we constantly have fresh legs, and were still getting several guys experience, which is key for long term success.

Oh, and one more thing.

Competition speeds up growth, and mental toughness. I love that we have it everywhere. We dont have to bank on guys to have a big year (like cam or baker last year) because if one guy isn't hacking it, there's another equally talented guy waiting in the wings. Im talking to you Ankrah.

I'm going to make my wild guess as Green and Gerry as the starting safeties.

That is extremely wild since one probably doesn't (or just barely) crack the 3 deep and the other doesn't even play safety.

Ah to hell with it.

Taylor Martinez and Adam Taylor will be our starting safeties. You can quote me on that.