*Breakout True Freshman in 2013*

Breakout True Freshman of 2013  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It is extremely difficult for a true freshman to be a breakout player as an interior defensive lineman.

So, I'm going with Taylor, Newby or Gerry.

Carter might be there based on need for depth at tight end.

True but Collins is that good. With a full year of experience he will be our best DT by years end.

More likely it will be Gerry on D, but I wanted to be bold this morning. And to be an elite team in the next few years, we need Collins to show flashes of dominance. He has the talent, and the work ethic to be the next great DT under BO, and he's already got the size @ 305 and strength to contribute.

Went with Cethan Carter, he seems to get getting alot of praise from Martinez.

Same here with Cethan Carter. If there is one true freshman we need to step up and have a breakout year in a position, its him.

Actually, as long as Jake Long can black at the line and catch an occasional ball we will be fine.. We had two matchup nightmares at TE last year (one speedy/one giant) and barely used them

Hey guys! New to the board!

For my first post.....Gerry is the most ready to play physically, and could start making plays from day 1. Not sure how often he can get out on the field though, with only being a dime guy.

Welcome.

I agree, I think Gerry should get out on the field more times than not because we could use his speed and athleticism. Can't have too much speed on the field IMO. I would say that Newby will have a break out year because of what he can in the return game, just like Ameer did his freshman year. Heard he was untouchable when we started camp without pads.

Maliek Collins.

Very nervous about this one however. Any time you have a kid like him who may honestly play his way into starting football games for us this year it makes me nervous.

True Freshman should NOT start on either line....

Went with Cethan Carter, he seems to get getting alot of praise from Martinez.

Same here with Cethan Carter. If there is one true freshman we need to step up and have a breakout year in a position, its him.

Actually, as long as Jake Long can black at the line and catch an occasional ball we will be fine.. We had two matchup nightmares at TE last year (one speedy/one giant) and barely used them

archer-danger-zone-meme-generator-call-kenny-loggins-coz-you-re-in-the-danger-zone-d319a5%5B1%5D.jpg

No need for racism, bruh.

Maliek Collins.

Very nervous about this one however. Any time you have a kid like him who may honestly play his way into starting football games for us this year it makes me nervous.

True Freshman should NOT start on either line....

Tell that to Clowney. lol

So every true freshman is Clowney? DE isn't near as tough for a frosh to contribute at as DT.

Collins is a freak of nature thou. He is big and strong for his age and extremely quick for his size. True freshman shouldn't be starting inside, but he will get enough reps the first two months to prove if he can hold up or not, if he does, look out cause he'll see some serious PT towards the end of the year.

Only question is, is he strong enough yet to hold up? If he gets injured thru the first 1/3 of the season well know. Hopefully the coaches are smart about the rotation. Garbage time, and one or two series in bigger games to see how he holds up, ease him in. If he stays healthy thru the whole year I really see him making a difference in the last few games. That's a big if thou.

I agree true freshman shouldn't start on either line unless (a) they're physically ready and (b) they're better than the other players at the position.

By all accounts he's physically ready. It's just a matter of proving he deserves a starting spot. Now, I agree it's unlikely it will happen with Collins, but given the depth issues there, he should and probably will get every opportunity.