*Breakout True Freshman in 2013*

Breakout True Freshman of 2013  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah, when is the last time we had a great tight end for three or four years? Johnny Mitchel bailed early to the NFL. Matt Herian lost a couple years due to injury. Even Tracey Wistrom got tagged a couple times with injuries.

Mike McNeill was fully capable of it and a hell of a player if he would have had the offenses/quarterbacks to sustain him.

Yeah, when is the last time we had a great tight end for three or four years? Johnny Mitchel bailed early to the NFL. Matt Herian lost a couple years due to injury. Even Tracey Wistrom got tagged a couple times with injuries.

Mike McNeill was fully capable of it and a hell of a player if he would have had the offenses/quarterbacks to sustain him.

His move to the slot really hurt him as well.

His move to the slot really hurt him as well.

Indeed, although he still had a remarkable career despite all of it. I think I remember hearing that he had two drops in his entire time here.

Or if we didn't switch him to a WR type position.

If what the coaches are saying is true about running some wishbone (Taylor) and wing-T (Newby at wingback) kinda stuff, I feel like either of the backs could factor in.

In the bowl game last year, Georgia was able to use both of their frosh running backs effectively on the field out of formations that played to their strengths (Marshall's elusiveness/speed, Gurley's power), sometimes at the same time. It'd be nice to see special packages for either and then maybe a package that incorporates both, but, then again, Georgia didn't seem to have any good upper-class RBs.

EDIT: Ya know, thinking about it more, would you want to be on the other side of a wishbone of Zimmerer, Cross, and Taylor? And what kind of matchup problems do you create with Abdullah and Newby and/or Moore in a wing-T?

I picked Gerry since they are looking at putting him in the Peso role from the start.

I would hesitate to choose a DL until they get some game time experience against opposing OL in the B1G.

Carter could very well be a breakout due to thin depth at TE, but with so many WR options, who knows what his effectiveness will be.

I would also hesitate on one of the Freshmen RB's unless Abdullah gets hurt or they kill it on Special Teams returning punts/kicks like Ameer did his first year.