I haven't see anything on this board that breaks down the bodies we have at each position so I wanted to create a place for that here.

I will break down each position into a list of players who we anticipate will play this year. I will not include walk-ons who have not been mentioned until they are mentioned or we see them in live action. I will also note anyone who is predicted to be red-shirted until they are not red-shirted.

So let's start...

QB

*Taylor Martinez

Tommy Armstrong

Ron Kellogg Jr

Ryker Fyfe

RS Johnny Stanton

RB

*Ameer Abdullah

Imani Cross

Terrell Newby

King Frazier

Adam Taylor

FB

*CJ Zimmer

Andy Janovich

OT

*Jeremiah Sirles 6'6"

*Andrew Rodriguez 6'6"

Brent Qvale 6'7"

Zach Sterup 6'8"

Matt Finnin 6'7"

RS David Knevel 6'9"

RS Dwayne Johnson 6'6"

OG

*Jake Cotton

*Spencer Long

Chongo Kondolo

Mike Moudy

Givens Price

Corey Whitaker

Ryne Reeves

RS Zach Hannon

C

*Cole Pensick

Mark Pelini

Paul Thurston

TE

*Jake Long

*Sam Cotton

Cethan Carter

David Sutton

Trey Foster

RS Greg Hart

MRS Jared Blum

WR

*Kenny Bell

*Jamal Turner

*Quincy Enunwa

Jordan Westerkamp

Alonzo Moore

Taariq Allen

Tyler Wullenwaber

Tyler Evans

RS Kevin Gladney

RS Christian Bailey

DEFENSE

DE

Jason Ankrah

Randy Gregory

Avery Moss

Greg McMullen

Donovan Vestal

RS AJ Natter

DT

Thad Randle

Vincent Valentine

Aaron Curry

Broderick Nickens

Maliek Collins

Kevin Maurice

LB

David Santos Mike

Zaire Anderson Will

Jared Afalava Buck

Josh Banderas Mike

Michael Rose Will

Nathan Gerry

RS Courtney Love

RS Marcus Newby

MRS Trevor Roach

CB

Ciante Evans

Josh Mitchell

Stanley Jean-Baptiste

Daniel Davie

Mo Seisay

Jonathan Rose

RS Boaz Joseph

S

Corey Cooper

Harvey Jackson

Andrew Green

Charles Jackson

LeRoy Alexander

DJ Singleton

RS Drake Martinez

Pelini Isn't joking when he says we are much deeper this year. If you look at this list of players... we really don't have much of a drop off for the 2nd team at most of our positions. I think this is going to help us tremendously as the season goes on. If we can stay healthy and keep bodies at each position I think you'll see some favorable results.

• Fire 2

Great work.

A couple questions:

Is Reeves back to working at Center? I thought he had been moved to Guard.

If that is generally supposed to be a depth chart - as most of them seem to be - shouldn't CJax be higher?

I think Thurston is working at center and that Reeves is a guard.

• Fire 1

Great work.

A couple questions:

If that is generally supposed to be a depth chart - as most of them seem to be - shouldn't CJax be higher?

Yep and Thurston is doing well at C, is the heir apparent next year according to some reports. I think Pelini is currently top back up, but not surprised if Thurston is #2 at year end.

Great work.

A couple questions:

They are playing Reeves at both Center and Guard... so that if someone goes down, he can get on the field for either position.

And Charles Jackson was moved to safety because they had so much depth at CB. But I think it's also because they think learning from the Safety position will make him better at Corner next year... which is where I think he'll play next year with several of our guys graduating after this year.

But to answer your question... I don't think CJ is one of our top 2 safeties. We are just so deep there... with Cooper, Jackson, and Green all bigger bodied guys. I think we'll see Jackson at some safety and a lot of special teams and maybe some Nickel.

Only place I'm really worried about is the middle of our D-line. If we get thin there, coupled with young, inexperienced linebackers, then it can be an area of concern come UCLA/conference play.

Absolutely. If Randle goes down and we have Curry as our most experienced DT... if our LB's dont have a firm grasp on the defensive assignments for themselves and the people around them... then we could see some huge trouble up the middle. The good news is we do have a couple of games before UCLA to work out some kinks and give some of the young guys some real game experience. We will for sure see the jitters against Wyoming but I think we will see a big improvement in game 2 and an even bigger jump to game 3.

Great work.

A couple questions:

Yep and Thurston is doing well at C, is the heir apparent next year according to some reports. I think Pelini is currently top back up, but not surprised if Thurston is #2 at year end.

Good to know. Hadn't heard much about Thurston last year. Heard a lot about Whittaker before he went down to injury but haven't heard anything this year about him.

But to answer your question... I don't think CJ is one of our top 2 safeties. We are just so deep there... with Cooper, Jackson, and Green all bigger bodied guys. I think we'll see Jackson at some safety and a lot of special teams and maybe some Nickel.

I'm not sure he's one of the top two either but I thought he was probably above #6. Just curious. Thanks.

Great work.

A couple questions:

They are playing Reeves at both Center and Guard... so that if someone goes down, he can get on the field for either position.

And Charles Jackson was moved to safety because they had so much depth at CB. But I think it's also because they think learning from the Safety position will make him better at Corner next year... which is where I think he'll play next year with several of our guys graduating after this year.

CJ seems like a great candidate to take over ciantes spot next year if u ask me

Great work.

A couple questions:

CJ seems like a great candidate to take over ciantes spot next year if u ask me

Agreed. I think he will move back CB/NB after this season.

I think Nathan Gerry will be starter at the Nickel Position next year. This kid has the physique to play that spot to a tee, and the speed as well. The only thing we have not seen, is his ability to tackle and if he can understand the defense.

As far as Safety, I don't think Cooper, C Jackson or H Jackson have a hang of the position, otherwise they wouldn't have moved Green there. They need someone who can step up and take a major role of the defense on. These players have most of what your looking at in a Safety, but I don't think they get the responsibilities and could be making the wrong adjustments. These are just my thoughts, but I think we will see a lot of rotation here, especially in the beginning, but I don't see Green playing much at all. I don't mean to be harsh, but if you can't excel at a CB position, I don't think your going to excel at Safety. The kid works his ass off, he just goes for that big play too much, rather than just doing his job and making sure the receiver doesn't get the ball.

I agree with most, but the OL is going to be the trickiest to judge. Too much depth to be sure, and we didn't bring in Finnin and Kondolo to just be backups or extra depth. I think one of them will end up pulling out a start.

The only thing I would adjust, on my end, would be the RB Depth Chart. Here is mine.

*Abdullah

Cross

Adam

Newby

Frazier

We saw Frazier in one spring game, and he looked good. He looked fresh. We haven't really heard a single thing about him at all recently. I don't think he is better than either freshman coming in, and I put Newby down on the depth chart, because I think he is going to play return on special teams when Turner is worn or we have a comfortable lead.