602 yds!!!!!!

mwj98

From Bo:

UdmJnrn.png

Once more it is Bo essentially saying "we coaches put the guys in the right places (which they did NOT) but the players sc

wed up. He has a habit of throwing the players under the bus while not admitting obvious scheme flaws.

Very immature and not at all leader like.

We've all heard this so many times. "The players don't execute".

Don't want to hear it anymore.

He needs to be confronted eventually for making those types of comments., Maybe by Eichorst if he keeps putting that type of blame on the players when it's clear the coaches did not game plan correctly

Interesting Stat

Top 10 Total Offense Games Against Nebraska

NU Opponent, Date (Attempts) Yards

1. at Oklahoma, Nov. 24, 1956 (85 att.) 656

2. at UCLA, Sept. 8, 2012 (94 att.) 653

3. Wisconsin, Dec. 1, 2012 (60 att.) 640

4. Notre Dame, Oct. 16, 1948 (81 att.) 620

5. Washington, Sept. 21, 1991 (87 att.) 618

6. Ball State, Sept. 22, 2007 (79 att.) 610

7. at Missouri, Oct. 6, 2007 (85 att.) 606

8. Wyoming, Aug 31, 2013 - 603

8. Georgia, Jan. 1, 2013 (71 att.) 589

9. at Colorado, Nov. 23, 2001 (77 att.) 582

10. at Oklahoma, Nov. 20, 1954 (80 att.) 577

3 games consecutively in the Top 10 most yards allowed.Cosgrove's pathetic defense in 2007 wasn't that bad. UCLA will be Bo's litmus test for the season. If they get over 600 again on us, then this is going to be one long year that Bo may not survive.

I always supported TO even though he couldn't win bowl games and got thumped bu OK repeatedly. The 1991 performance against Washington changed my mind, and I was ready to see TO replaced. I thought I would never see NU surrender 600 yards again.

I can't stress this enough; this result was NOT the result of having young or inexperienced players on defense. The coaches having them playing a scheme that virtually prevents three and outs. It's a bend until you break scheme and it sucks. Even in this debacle I could see we were more athletic than any time in the past two years.

I'm not calling for coaches heads because we aren't that bad. Problem is we also aren't very good. Bo and Paps have to change this passive BS defense. I believe we'll get better but we won't get good enough without significant changes in how we approach defense and with how we make in game adjustments. I have agreed with Bo in the past when he would say guys just didn't make plays. His similar comments tonight miss the mark and were totally classless. It was the coaches that were in position but failed to allow them to make the play. Get some f'ing pressure on the quarterback. Do these jokers know what a blitz is? The poor D linemen looked like they wanted to go after Smith but would back peddle to the LOS, apparently in some ill conceived effort to "contain" their patch of grass. This is not a youth/experience issue. It is structural.

I agree completely. DL back peddle to contain, but opponents put up record numbers against us. This D has been figured out. It is time to get aggressive. The only time the contain D worked last night was on the last play when Smith sat in the pocket for 20 seconds and ran out the clock.

Our offense was good against a 4 win team last year with near the worst defense in the country. Can you even imagine what this game would have looked like against a top ten program? My gawd Clemson, Georgia, LSU, Ohio State or Michigan would have put up 800 yards on this team this evening. How bad does it have to get to understand that there is a problem.

I think Bo has grown as a head coach, but I think he needs to be more aggressive on the defensive side. I still think he needs help on the defensive side. A real DC that knows his job and is not a yes man. Pay the money and get some one to do the job.

This is the answer. Firing a head coach is too disruptive. Bo runs a clean program and has embraced the NU culture. It is time to hire a top notch, older, DC who is content to be DC and get paid well. Do it now. Look how Wisconsin's OL improved last year after the coach was replaced.

From Bo:

UdmJnrn.png

Once more it is Bo essentially saying "we coaches put the guys in the right places (which they did NOT) but the players screwed up. He has a habit of throwing the players under the bus while not admitting obvious scheme flaws.

Very immature and not at all leader like.

Bo is right! "At times" .. I would say there were 3 or 4 times the players were in position to make plays but didn't ... now the other 80 plays, the D scheme sucked

Our offense was good against a 4 win team last year with near the worst defense in the country. Can you even imagine what this game would have looked like against a top ten program? My gawd Clemson, Georgia, LSU, Ohio State or Michigan would have put up 800 yards on this team this evening. How bad does it have to get to understand that there is a problem.

I think Bo has grown as a head coach, but I think he needs to be more aggressive on the defensive side. I still think he needs help on the defensive side. A real DC that knows his job and is not a yes man. Pay the money and get some one to do the job.

This is the answer. Firing a head coach is too disruptive. Bo runs a clean program and has embraced the NU culture. It is time to hire a top notch, older, DC who is content to be DC and get paid well. Do it now. Look how Wisconsin's OL improved last year after the coach was replaced.

why was this not done when the last DC was hired? Why does Bo continually hire untested, inexperienced coaches? Why does Bo not admit the coaching flaws?

Martinez was running fine, while he may have been dinged, it wasn't a big deal for him. It's hard to fault a QB sneak with a yard or less when your offensive line has been mauling them the entire 2nd half. It's also hard to fault running Cross there. Either is an acceptable call that you can only bitch about in hindsight if it doesn't work - either is the right call at the time. It's on the O-line for pissing that QB sneak down their leg, and a bit on Martinez for staying up too high.

TM always stays up high. That is why I don't like a QB sneak with him. Any other QB and the call is OK.

why was this not done when the last DC was hired? Why does Bo continually hire untested, inexperienced coaches? Why does Bo not admit the coaching flaws?

I had a bad feeling when JP was promoted. His DLs never seemed very good.

Interesting Stat

Top 10 Total Offense Games Against Nebraska

NU Opponent, Date (Attempts) Yards

1. at Oklahoma, Nov. 24, 1956 (85 att.) 656

2. at UCLA, Sept. 8, 2012 (94 att.) 653

3. Wisconsin, Dec. 1, 2012 (60 att.) 640

4. Notre Dame, Oct. 16, 1948 (81 att.) 620

5. Washington, Sept. 21, 1991 (87 att.) 618

6. Ball State, Sept. 22, 2007 (79 att.) 610

7. at Missouri, Oct. 6, 2007 (85 att.) 606

8. Wyoming, Aug 31, 2013 - 603

8. Georgia, Jan. 1, 2013 (71 att.) 589

9. at Colorado, Nov. 23, 2001 (77 att.) 582

10. at Oklahoma, Nov. 20, 1954 (80 att.) 577

3 games consecutively in the Top 10 most yards allowed.Cosgrove's pathetic defense in 2007 wasn't that bad. UCLA will be Bo's litmus test for the season. If they get over 600 again on us, then this is going to be one long year that Bo may not survive.

Defensive genius indeed.

Every time I watch us play, I wonder why the opponents seem to have 5+ people around the ball at all times... especially in the backfield. You can't tell me that Wyoming has better athletes than we do, right? It seems that if our coaches just said, "go out there and get the guy with the ball," our defense would do better than they do now. As it stands, None of our players are ever in the backfield, and we're lucky if there is one guy where the ball is. It doesn't make any sense to me at all.

So our defense is just awful, and our offensive line isn't giving me a lot of confidence either. We'll be embarrassed at least three more times this year and that makes me sad.

Someone should make a Heisman video of all the QBs we've made look like trophy winners. It's pretty sickening.

I can't stress this enough; this result was NOT the result of having young or inexperienced players on defense. The coaches having them playing a scheme that virtually prevents three and outs. It's a bend until you break scheme and it sucks. Even in this debacle I could see we were more athletic than any time in the past two years.

I'm not calling for coaches heads because we aren't that bad. Problem is we also aren't very good. Bo and Paps have to change this passive BS defense. I believe we'll get better but we won't get good enough without significant changes in how we approach defense and with how we make in game adjustments. I have agreed with Bo in the past when he would say guys just didn't make plays. His similar comments tonight miss the mark and were totally classless. It was the coaches that were in position but failed to allow them to make the play. Get some f'ing pressure on the quarterback. Do these jokers know what a blitz is? The poor D linemen looked like they wanted to go after Smith but would back peddle to the LOS, apparently in some ill conceived effort to "contain" their patch of grass. This is not a youth/experience issue. It is structural.

I agree completely. DL back peddle to contain, but opponents put up record numbers against us. This D has been figured out. It is time to get aggressive. The only time the contain D worked last night was on the last play when Smith sat in the pocket for 20 seconds and ran out the clock.

I agree, the best defense of the night was when they were blitzing every down. The QB made some bad throws. The base defense is ok but they have to get much more aggressive more often. I thought the d-line started out going hard for the QB but then he busted a couple of long runs, one for 60 + and they went back to the passive keep in the pocket until he completes a 25 yarder to the "possession" receiver. The d-lineman seem stiff to me, they make it back to the QB and wave their arms as he steps up and throws or runs, is that a conditioning thing? Is the strength and conditioning making these guys strong but they can't move laterally? I hope they blitz more in the future, I would rather see us getting beat that way than the slow agonizing pain of watching the QB pick the secondary apart.

Defensive Genius? Are you kidding me? Folks, the simple truth was unveiled last night. We do not have the athletes we need and we were woefully out coached. I do not blame the players. Papuchis was a lowly intern in 2004 at LSU. A scant eight years later (2012) he is named defensive coordinator for the most storied defensive program in college football, the Black Shirts. Huge mistake. Let me say that again, "Huge Mistake."

Of Wyoming's 15 wins since 2010, only three have come against winning teams: Toledo in 2010 and San Diego State and Air Force in 2011. Every other defeated opponent ended the season with seven or more losses. 2012 they were 6-7! And they damned near beat NU last night with 600 yards of offense!

I have received the brunt of some rude comments on this board because I have questioned Pelini's ability to recruit, develop players and manage his coaching staff. Three consecutive games giving up 600 yards? I rest my case. Unless there is some unforeseen magical lightning strike from the mythical Football Gods, we are in real trouble.

• Fire 1