My encounter with Ron Brown before the game

Apathy

So every year when I ride up to the game with my parents, my dad and I usually watch the football team warm up where we sit on the west side of the stadium and watch. This time we decided to watch the Huskers warm up behind the Husker bench and from there we admired the new east side expansion and then continued watching the team warm up.

While I watched the team practice, I noticed a man in a black shirt, khaki pants wearing sunglasses sitting on the bench with one of those mist fans cooling him down from behind him. He was just sitting there looking at the ground and then once and awhile he would look up glance around and then proceed to look at the ground. I took it as if he was saying a little pray which wouldn't surprise so I told my dad that's Ron Brown and he was for sure that it wasn't because he would be with the running backs.

Sure enough he took his sunglasses off and looked toward the south endzone and it was Ron Brown. My dad yelled out "Ron Brown" and he turned around looked at my dad smile and gave us the head nod. My dad gave him a camera gesture which Ron Brown shook his head yes. As Ron Brown approached us he told us "thanks for coming to the game" to which my dad responded back "no thank you for being our coach" and I said "and thank you for your time to take your picture with us." My girlfriend took our picture and to my surprise Ron Brown actually smiled in the picture.

Would any other assistant coaches taken the time to take a picture with the fans before a football game? Maybe but that's the great thing about Nebraska and the coaches that we have here. Sure we can complain and bitch about the defense, turnovers, the game, etc but at the end of the day we have great coaches here at Nebraska that care about this program and their fans and to take the time out of their busy days to greet, meet and get their pictures taken with the fans. There truly is no other place than Nebraska.....GO BIG RED!!!!

1239362_10151859700491240_1801061198_n.jpg

• Fire 3

It was nice of RB to take a picture with you guys before the game, but it's kinda creepy that you bothered him for the picture. The guy is at his place of work. He is trying to do his job of prepping for the game.

Creepy? Really? Nah.

It comes with the territory with that type of work.

It's one thing to do it at some type of event or after the game, but it's not something I would ask for before the game. If NU would have lost that game, there could be some criticism on the interweb that Ron Brown is more interested in taking pictures with fans, rather than getting his guys ready for the game.