This Week's Polls...Up, Down or Stay the Same?

South Carolina and Clowny will remain in the top 10, probably just because.

Georgia was #11 after a loss to Clemson, so I can't see SC dropping much. Lame. At some point, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. We say the SEC is sooo good, when they lose to another team it isn't a big deal.

well there is a difference. they didn't schedule non fbs or non Big 6 teams the first few weeks so they are more of marquee matchups(teams from the Big 6). even though later on they play their cupcakes if they do well they already established themselves in the polls and in their conference. Hard to know who is good in a conference after the 4th or 5th week if all you have played is out of conference/fcs/non Big 6 teams. Easier to lose early than middle or late in the season so you have more of a chance to turn your season around and pad your record late. Also you are not hiding your play book early in the season when it's easier to get a loss or a close win to a weaker opponent.

Maybe one spot up. We beat a team on a huge losing streak but a wins a win. The USC loss does nothing as they were behind us. Texas losing helps not just our chances of moving up but also for the heart and sole of Husker Nation. Florida's loss won't do much to them falling because I'm guessing Miami is going to storm up the rankings now to protect the image of SEC, and maybe because they earned it. I'd be happy cracking the top 20 again.

So unranked Miami beats 12 ranked Florida so Miami is instantly ranked 15 in the country? Yet, Florida loses to an unranked team and only falls to 18?

Baylor beats Buffalo. Wisconsin beats Tennessee Tech. Nebraska beats Southern Miss. Baylor and Wisconsin move up, Nebraska falls back? Add insult, Oklahoma beats and unranked West Virgina, only beats them by 5 points and they move up two spots?

I can't even begin to make any sense of this?

So unranked Miami beats 12 ranked Florida so Miami is instantly ranked 15 in the country? Yet, Florida loses to an unranked team and only falls to 18?

Baylor beats Buffalo. Wisconsin beats Tennessee Tech. Nebraska beats Southern Miss. Baylor and Wisconsin move up, Nebraska falls back? Add insult, Oklahoma beats and unranked West Virgina, only beats them by 5 points and they move up two spots?

I can't even begin to make any sense of this?

pretty simple really...we played a patsy.....plain and simple.