I couldn't really think of a better thread title. I guess i got the inspiration for this thread from an experience about 20 minutes ago. Lincoln is consistently one of the happiest cities in America, full of great people. This thread is for us to recognize the great things people do for one another here. So share your experience or experiences in which a random citizen of Lincoln has helped you out, or you them.

Obviously yesterday was gameday and that included myself drinking from about 1P.M. until 2:30A.M. So i made the smart decision to go for a run at 5 o clock, when the temperature was a mere 98 degrees. I only brought one bottle of water, which was the only water i had all day, and after going a few miles i began to get lightheaded, woozy, and my vision got very blurry. I ended up having to use a pole for stability and then basically slid down it to a seat, and thank God someone was driving near by. This guy stopped in the turn and gave me a ride home. I just thought it was really cool that he took time to make sure i made it home okay, especially since i was getting to the point where i felt like i was going to pass out or faint. People do these random kind things daily here in Lincoln and around the country, just post some of your experiences. It's always a feel good moment when people help each other out!

Not really a Lincoln thing, but rather a Nebraska thing here. I had a guy come into my warehouse the other day (plumbing and steel wholesale). He's from Columbia, SC. He's here working on a bunch of stuff at our Kmart. He's contracted by Kmart corporate to travel the country to do work on Kmart bathrooms and other random stuff. So he comes in, and he's got this print list of various things-certains kinds of pipe and fittings and steel items. Mind you, this guy is basically a glorified handyman so to speak. He's a little mislead by a lot of the terminology. So I do my job (which he literally referred to as "going out of my way to help him") and go through the list and round up everything he needs, get the steel items cut to size and so on and so on. Run his ticket, do his credit card tell him to have a nice day. Just another deal in my book, but he proceeds to thank me over and over and over. Then asks me if everyone in this state is really so helpful (he's been from Omaha to North platte). He just doesnt understand. I just reiterate to him that it's my job. He then goes on to say how he's been all over the country and never gets service in the same situations that is so helpful. He said once he got to Nebraska, it was night and day different than anywhere else in the country. I couldnt help but be a smartass and said "even in Omaha?" He gave me a blank stare (obviously not getting the joke) and said yes. The conversation ends with him saying if he had it his way, he would move his family to Nebraska. Kinda neat.

Is it really that much better here? I wouldnt know, I dont leave the state much if ever.

• Fire 1

Yes, they're generally nice, but also completely incapable of driving properly. Nearly everyone in Lincoln is a f#*k awful driver.

basically 100% true

If you think Lincoln is bad, move to Minnesota.

Okies. By far the worst drivers in the world live in Oklahoma. I'm not pooping you. I wouldn't sh#t you if you were my favorite turd. Asshats here think it's acceptable to do 30mph on the on ramp to the interstate when the flow of traffic is moving along at 70+ then can't understand why all the drivers behind them are flipping the bird and yelling profanities.

Yeah, I'm not trying to compare driving in Lincoln to driving in a big city. I've had plenty of experience with that, but I consider what goes on in big cities as something to be expected.

Lincoln is astounding in that there should not be any issues with driving, and yet nearly everyone is a piss poor driver. You're lucky if you make it a half mile without some dumbass nearly causing an accident - and it's out of the blue, with no apparent reason. They're just awful drivers. And this is compounded by the fact that a 3 year old obviously designed the traffic light system in Lincoln. It's purposefully setup to prevent proper traffic flow, rather than allow it. Lincoln is really just an overgrown hick farm town in regards to all things traffic related.

• Fire 1