The Husker Players Want The Fans To Wear Black!

Flat Water

Well, how did wearing black work out for all of you? All it did was put those of you , who were foolish enough to fall for the gimmick, in the proper attire fore the mourning that took place after the game. You don't win games with gimmicks, no matter what the emotion behind the plan may be. Next time show some true Husker tradition, wear red.

First of all, who EVER SAID WE WERE GOING TO WIN THE GAME BECAUSE OF THE JERSEYS.

Second of all, I think it looked good enough and I was pleasantly surprised with the response from all the fans.

Third of all, get off your f*****g high horse. You were no better than me because you abided by a Husker tradition and I chose to wear black. And if you're such a traditionalist, maybe you should follow a line in one of the school songs: "We'll all stick together in all kinds of weather for Dear Old Nebraska U" and stop berating people who decided to support the team by wearing black.

No one is on any "high horse", here! I did not "berate" anyone for wearing black. And, I never claimed to be better than you. Nebraska colors are not black, plain and simple. I have probably been a Husker fan for more years than you are old, which is pretty obvious to everyone reading your childish post.

Well, how did wearing black work out for all of you? All it did was put those of you , who were foolish enough to fall for the gimmick, in the proper attire fore the mourning that took place after the game. You don't win games with gimmicks, no matter what the emotion behind the plan may be. Next time show some true Husker tradition, wear red.

First of all, who EVER SAID WE WERE GOING TO WIN THE GAME BECAUSE OF THE JERSEYS.

Second of all, I think it looked good enough and I was pleasantly surprised with the response from all the fans.

Third of all, get off your f*****g high horse. You were no better than me because you abided by a Husker tradition and I chose to wear black. And if you're such a traditionalist, maybe you should follow a line in one of the school songs: "We'll all stick together in all kinds of weather for Dear Old Nebraska U" and stop berating people who decided to support the team by wearing black.

No one is on any "high horse", here! I did not "berate" anyone for wearing black. And, I never claimed to be better than you. Nebraska colors are not black, plain and simple. I have probably been a Husker fan for more years than you are old, which is pretty obvious to everyone reading your childish post.

Yeah...then tell me what this is:

Don't tell me you didn't write that with a sense of na na na na na na-ness.

I hated them on TV. Did not mind the pictures prior to the game. Just blah on the field. Hope we never do it again. It had nothing to do with the outcome, would feel the same way if we had won. The stadium looked bad to normal, no sea of red, and it was not mentioned during the broad cast. Nor did the student section obtain a black out. That is pathetic.

I hated them on TV. Did not mind the pictures prior to the game. Just blah on the field. Hope we never do it again. It had nothing to do with the outcome, would feel the same way if we had won. The stadium looked bad to normal, no sea of red, and it was not mentioned during the broad cast. Nor did the student section obtain a black out. That is pathetic.

Well, hey, at least the team matched the performance of the student section! Thank God for that!

Thought the uniforms looked great in person. Contrast between the black, white and green field was nice. Also-- this may shock you-- the news of wearing black actually got out to those not on Twitter. Probably 40K total and about 80% of the section I sit it was in black. This included many in the 60 and over age group. Lots of fun, until the meltdown.

Dont mind for one game a year. It needs to be done. But I'm glad it's done and now we can get back to business. The whole B****** nonsense and players asking for B****** and students trying to do this, it just felt like a big distraction. Now, I didnt feel this way before, and it certainly didnt feel this way during the first 1 1/2 quarters, but now it's over, I'm glad it is. I felt the same after Wisconsin I last year.