THE TRUTH

chamrocck

I am not sure what Marvin Sanders did, but was it so bad that he can't return? Who is available as a top DC. If I was the AD, I force Bo to fire Pap, bring in McBride to run the D for the remainder of the year, and start looking for a great DC.

Yes what he did was that bad. He is lucky that he is not in jail for a very long time.

I am not sure what Marvin Sanders did, but was it so bad that he can't return? Who is available as a top DC. If I was the AD, I force Bo to fire Pap, bring in McBride to run the D for the remainder of the year, and start looking for a great DC.

Yes what he did was that bad. He is lucky that he is not in jail for a very long time.

That is a pity.

HOW MANY TIMES MUST IT BE SAID THAT JP IS NOT RUNNING THE DEFENSE?

Pelini runs the defense, JP has a title. That is all.

I think people want Pap replaced and for Bo to surrender the defensive responsibility to the new DC.

Well that doesn't make any sense. Why the hell have Bo if he can't even run the defense? Just replace him. It isn't Paps fault, it's Bo's. Bo is on his second coordinator on both sides of the ball. Are we going to try a third? It is not like Pelini is a National Champion winning CEO type head coach.

He is useless if he has to turn over the defense.

Both sides of the ball were a problem today. We saw how it could work during the first half but our second half game plan cost us the game. Conservative offense sitting on a lead leads to 3 and outs and not keeping up with the pace of points we need to score to win. So, inexperienced defense has to be on the field more to get burned by opponent. Offense comes out and has to play from behind and suddenly cannot run a balanced attack but must take shots down field. Ball goes back to UCLA who can now wear down our tired defense further and it as game over. We did it to them in the first half. The problem is they did it way better to us in the second half.

• Fire 1

HOW MANY TIMES MUST IT BE SAID THAT JP IS NOT RUNNING THE DEFENSE?

Pelini runs the defense, JP has a title. That is all.

I think people want Pap replaced and for Bo to surrender the defensive responsibility to the new DC.

Well that doesn't make any sense. Why the hell have Bo if he can't even run the defense? Just replace him. It isn't Paps fault, it's Bo's. Bo is on his second coordinator on both sides of the ball. Are we going to try a third? It is not like Pelini is a National Champion winning CEO type head coach.

He is useless if he has to turn over the defense.

1. Bo runs a clean program

2. It eliminates the argument about firing a coach who has won 9 games a years for 5 or 6 years

I am not saying it is the correct answer, but this is the logic. I don't know what to do at this point, but the performance is not acceptable.

I agree that Bo runs a clean program and is a good family man, but not only do I question his coaching, but the "us against them" routine gets old and does not work. College coaches have to embrace the fans and during his news conference today he was already playing that card.

Hasn't he been using the us against the world thing for a few years now? I have never like it. The fans love the team. Sure we may say negative things, but we love and support this team. We have the longest sellout streak and despite a very small population, NU football is one of the top in the nation at bringing in revenue.

I have watched a ton of NU football (every game under Pelini) and I watch a lot of other teams. I don't live in-state and don't drink the kool-aid. I actually pick NU to lose games. I thought we'd lose this one by 14. I have mainly supported Pelini saying he needs time to work. But, we have seen other programs rise quickly while we have been stuck in second gear.

We are what we are...about a low teens to high twenty's in the rankings. UCLA football is better than us. Our offense has progressed but our defense is still our problem. Until Nebraska returns to a dominant style of defense we will never win anything of major significance.

Now I like a lot of our young players on defense but I knew we'd be overmatched vs UCLA. From this point on the defense must show marked improvement. If we do this and still lose 4 games, Pelini will keep on. If we do not, I think this is it for Pelini. Because Pelini came with that persona that he can get us to an elite defensive status, he has up until now got the benefit of the doubt. He no longer gets that benefit as we have seen this defense become one of the worst in the country. A UCLA friend of mine said this week to me, "I am not even worried about this game, Nebraska's defense is suspect and we didn't even punt in our first game." The term blackshirts are mostly used as the punchline to a joke in national media coverage. The defense must change or we must change Pelini.

These players will either rally around their coach and improve the defense. Or they will continue to take lumps on defense and then we need to get someone else next season. It's that simple.

Agree! However, Pelini has never really had my "benefit of the doubt." A truly good head coach is able to communicate to his players, is able to manage his coaching staff, and is able to respect the media/fans. It is obvious that Pelini does none of this. He appears to me to be an angry man who cannot recruit. That folks, is a very bad and fatal combination.