A Fan's Assessment

Husker_x

Spot on, Husker_x, as per usual. The minute I felt the momentum shift going into halftime I felt a little twinge of doubt. Then of course I felt like a horrible fan, expecting only the worse when the sunshine pumpers tell us we just "need to BOlieve." "Osborne took years!" they tell me. Be patient, stop doubting.

But the doubt, I've come to realize, has been conditioned. Something similar to a Pavlov's response. Instead of drooling when the dinner bell rings, I see a big play for the other team (maybe we fumble or throw a pick or any number of things we do all the time) and I wait for the inevitable self-implosion. I usually don't have to wait for long. The floodgates open suddenly and one error becomes ten errors which becomes a big fat "L." How many times have we seen this same, sad story? Enough is enough already. I love my team, but they are a bunch of heartbreakers. We are lacking mental fortitude when the lights shine the brightest and I think that comes from the top down.

Add to that a muddled offense that commits to nothing, total delirium on defense, and awful special teams: where's the hope supposed to come from? If there are any sunshine pumpers left, please tell me. What are we looking forward to?

I have been an attending/donor fan of my beloved Huskers for probably more years than most of you young men have been alive and I have had my share of heart aches. Never and I mean NEVER have I seen such performances like what I seen today along with last year’s CCG.

I am sick with sorrow!

I am angry!

I am lost!

I am downright pissed!

Tired of excuses, tired of "the process", tired of the lack talent, tired of knowing the outcome of big time games we play before they occur!

In an interview of a Wisconsin's Linebacker Borland after last year’s CCG, he basically said they "Wisconsin" knew what we were going to run!

Again today, one of the linebackers from UCLA said after the game that they made no adjustment at half and just knew what we were going to run!

Our "money players" <-- don't get excited, just means supposed big time) did not perform the way that is expected as I seen 3 HUGE plays where Cianti just flat out missed tackles and 2 of them he had the guy dead to rights on 3rd downs. I am not saying it was his fault as this is a team deal not one guy, but his plays stuck out in my mind.

It looked to me like TM could not make a decisive decision all day long trying to dance, rather than run, kept the ball when he should have pitched and pitched the ball when he should have kept it.

The Mickey mouse plays I seen today where TM would take off as if he was going to run to the outside then flare pass it to a receiver is not what this program had built its reputation around.

Again today, we get into the red zone and it’s a 3rd and 4th down and 1 and "Where’s Imani Cross"? Has anybody stopped this young man once this year? Nope, but we leave Abdullah in and then we fumble inside the 10. Not sure who fumbled but Really?

Beck play calling was atrocious in the 2nd half and I can't even say that I understand why we did not change things up on the "D" side but we didn't.

I was excited to see Enunwa do well and Bell did OK too. Other than that and SJB's int, the game was one of the hardest things I have ever had to force myself to watch!

The fans left in droves starting the 4th qtr and as a Donor, this is something that Eichorst needs to recognize. The fans have paved the way for what we have and the way it looked to me, a majority of the fans are just fed up with and I will say it "Mediocrity" Hmm, where have we heard that word before?

I am not sure how this will be fixed but say without reservation that if we are going to improve our facilities the way we have to bring in new fans and more revenue, maybe we should PAY for "Experienced Coordinators" rather than being the institution that allows on the Job Training for friend and Family.

Sorry this come off as sour grapes as I love the Huskers and have paid in (donations), more than my share of windows, stairs and seats in our stadium, but I am afraid, NO not afraid, I am positive that other donors such as myself are getting to the point of "Looking for a return on our investment".

No, I do not have to have or demand that we field a National Championship team every year but I am also not going to continue to put money in the jukebox to hear the same ole song (much longer).

I have been following my team for a very long time. I love the program, drive a white dually with the whole rear window Huskers. I catch a lot of crap over it out here. It will be really bad this next week I am sure. Like BRI I am more embarrassed than mad. I have come to the point where I expect it. Watching today up 21-3, my wife said maybe they have figured it out. I said no comment as I actually expected it fall apart. I think most of us are feeling that way, so how can the team feel any different?

I am afraid this game is going to have a major affect on most fans. I am very concerned about the sell out record, if anything like this happens in the Illinois game, that streak could end.

I am so sick of hearing the kids did not execute. In six years someone needs to figure out how to make them execute. Meaning the head coach has failed to execute!!!!! MISERABLY!!!!!!

When the meltdown began, I identified it, like a spousal abuse victim seeing that familiar gleam in the abuser's eye, but I could not generate the feeling of surprise. The only emotion I could seem to conjure towards what unfolded was, "Well . . . that's pretty typical."

What the f#*k kind of analogy is that?!

When the meltdown began, I identified it, like a spousal abuse victim seeing that familiar gleam in the abuser's eye, but I could not generate the feeling of surprise. The only emotion I could seem to conjure towards what unfolded was, "Well . . . that's pretty typical."

What the f#*k kind of analogy is that?!

A pretty accurate one I thought.

I have been following my team for a very long time. I love the program, drive a white dually with the whole rear window Huskers. I catch a lot of crap over it out here. It will be really bad this next week I am sure. Like BRI I am more embarrassed than mad. I have come to the point where I expect it. Watching today up 21-3, my wife said maybe they have figured it out. I said no comment as I actually expected it fall apart. I think most of us are feeling that way, so how can the team feel any different?

I am afraid this game is going to have a major affect on most fans. I am very concerned about the sell out record, if anything like this happens in the Illinois game, that streak could end.

I am so sick of hearing the kids did not execute. In six years someone needs to figure out how to make them execute. Meaning the head coach has failed to execute!!!!! MISERABLY!!!!!!

I know skers. I swear the thought crossed my mind today for the first time ever that I should just remove my big red N from my truck. You're in Cali and I'm in Texas. It's more of an embarrassing thing anymore. Still love them, still root for them. Still seeing the same results the past 6 years. The proud feeling has been slowly drifting away. It's tough to look at the scoreboard because it never says: Tough opponent 45 Nebraska 24 but in consolation runs a clean program with high graduate success and Academic All-Americans, so there!. Nope. The scoreboard always just says: Tough opponent 45 Nebraska 24. And the first thing analyst say is 500+ yards given up. Which is odd. Since we hired a defensive guy and all to clean up a mess. It's been 6 years since the previous crappy coach ran us into the ground and talked about picking up the NY Times. I mean, what the hell man? And all any good hearted Husker fan says is that a loss sucks but is okay as long as it doesn't continually go down like this. Which makes sense and we all agree. But what the hell man, here we are once again. Big game, Big hopes, Big loss, and afterwards get to hear how players <cough> didn't execute. Whatever.