One of the greatest Blackshirts of all time

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=209260199

Not to mention my favorite husker of all time.

Trev Alberts was happy, productive and always felt like he lived in the sweet spot of a loving, driven, balanced family that was led by a father who left the house every morning in a suit and came home at 5 o’clock every night to change into his farm clothes. Ken Alberts, his father, would then drive 35 miles to work 350 acres of corn and soybeans. A general manager of a utility company by day and a farmer by night, Trev’s dad was gone 15 hours a day, five days a week. “My mother and father had extraordinarily high expectations for all three of their children,” Trev said when he learned Nebraska fans had voted him one of the Huskers' Top Eight Blackshirts over the last 50 years – an honor formally recognized Saturday on Tom Osborne Field.

Who is your favorite Blackshirt of all time???

• Fire 1

One of my favorite Blackshirts as well. The guy was freakishly athletic. Heck, I even enjoyed watching him on espn. He always had good insights. Not sure why they let Trev go, but keep a jackass like Mark May around.

Trev wanted to be Corso. ESPN told him to take a hike,

Yeah, I remember he was in a pissing contest with them. Something about a missed meeting. And they fired his ass. ESPN could have worked it out with him. But they chose not to. Oh well.

http://www.huskers.c...TCLID=209260199

Not to mention my favorite husker of all time.

Trev Alberts was happy, productive and always felt like he lived in the sweet spot of a loving, driven, balanced family that was led by a father who left the house every morning in a suit and came home at 5 o’clock every night to change into his farm clothes. Ken Alberts, his father, would then drive 35 miles to work 350 acres of corn and soybeans. A general manager of a utility company by day and a farmer by night, Trev’s dad was gone 15 hours a day, five days a week. “My mother and father had extraordinarily high expectations for all three of their children,” Trev said when he learned Nebraska fans had voted him one of the Huskers' Top Eight Blackshirts over the last 50 years – an honor formally recognized Saturday on Tom Osborne Field.

Who is your favorite Blackshirt of all time???

Ack. This read like an obit. I was worried for a second.

One of my favorite Blackshirts as well. The guy was freakishly athletic. Heck, I even enjoyed watching him on espn. He always had good insights. Not sure why they let Trev go, but keep a jackass like Mark May around.

Trev wanted to be Corso. ESPN told him to take a hike,

Yeah, I remember he was in a pissing contest with them. Something about a missed meeting. And they fired his ass. ESPN could have worked it out with him. But they chose not to. Oh well.

IIRC, the missed meeting was a smokescreen/ruse for the real issue where Mark May and Trev Alberts didn't get along because Trev wanted to do quality reporting, Bristol didn't like that, and May was willing to become the ignorant, reviled caricature he now is because Beistol asked him to.

Was honestly surprised that Trev didn't make a run for a spot on Fox Sports 1 and/or their OTA Collegiate Football coverage. He was a good analyst...but that may work against him in the current sports landscape.

I'd go with a tie between Glover and Wistrom. I think Glover was ahead of his time in terms of his level of play. Shoot...he looked almost good enough yesterday to suit up for second half! heh heh.

And Wistrom....he's just what being a blackshirt is all about. I still like to watch highlight of his playing days as a husker.

Or Suh. Probably my three favs.