Crowd

mwj98

Just like the team, the crowd lost confidence after the missed A. Moss sack before halftime. Walking around during halftime to the concessions and bathrooms, the faces on everyone was as if we were literally losing by 21 points. It seemed like everyone was shell-shocked and knew something bad was coming. It wasn't as loud after they got the first TD

That was the turning point for me. If we would have gotten the sack they would have punted, scored no points. We would have then gotten the ball back with about 3 min left with a chance to put more points on the board. You are correct the stadium went dead after that.

I was in the 7th row right behind the north goalposts and I was surrounded by bluehairs, but during the first half, they were all standing and screaming their aged little hearts out. The place was loud. Then the 3rd quarter rolled around and they all, understandably, shut up and sat down. My buddy and I, however, kept standing and yelling like crazy, trying to get some energy in everyone around us and, by extension, the team. That is, until the lady behind us, grabbed both of our shirts, pulled us down, and angrily told us that we had to sit down. I mean, it would be one thing if she would've asked us to please sit down, but the way she did it just royally pissed me off, especially considering the way things were going in the game.

What do people expect the crowd to do? We were loud the entire first half. We were loud through two of the Bruins' TDs in the second half. When the defense was called for questionable penalties, we loudly voiced our displeasure - even in the 4th quarter.

I know it's nice to think that the crowd is going to be able to pick the team up and spark them to victory, but that's mostly movie fairy tale stuff. The game is won or lost on the field, not in the stands.

What do people expect the crowd to do? We were loud the entire first half. We were loud through two of the Bruins' TDs in the second half. When the defense was called for questionable penalties, we loudly voiced our displeasure - even in the 4th quarter.

I know it's nice to think that the crowd is going to be able to pick the team up and spark them to victory, but that's mostly movie fairy tale stuff. The game is won or lost on the field, not in the stands.

What's funny us I was asking a legitimate question. On TV sounded really quiet. Whether it was first half or not. I don't expect the crowd to do anything. Should be able to ask a question....

I boo'd and left early. 2 first for me

I didn't boo, but I did sit there for most of the second half in shock watching UCLA players dance like they were at a night club.

Yeah, does anyone know what was with the dancing before all of their kickoffs? It was definitely more pronounced when they were up, but they were doing it all game long, even when they were down. Really strange

I boo'd and left early. 2 first for me

I didn't boo, but I did sit there for most of the second half in shock watching UCLA players dance like they were at a night club.

Yeah, does anyone know what was with the dancing before all of their kickoffs? It was definitely more pronounced when they were up, but they were doing it all game long, even when they were down. Really strange

Having fun. Playing a game. I'd like to see more of it out of our guys. I'm more concerned that we never act like that than I am that they were.

I was on the sideline the whole game and it was the loudest I have ever heard it in the first half. Previously, NU vs OU 2009 was the previous loudest croud ever and this was louder. I was trying to talk to people on the sideline when we were on defense and had to scream at the top of my lungs, I still couldn't even hear myself.

Once the team quit, so did the fans. I don't think you can put any of that loss on the fans.

It was just weird. It didn't really bug me because they were doing it even when they were losing, but I've never seen something quite like it. I wonder if there's not some meaning behind it, seeing as it was the same dance move that they were all doing.

I enjoyed watching UCLA be loose the whole game. During timeouts the Bruins whole bench was jumping up and down to the music staying loose having fun. While the Husker bench is never all that excited. Funny how everything kind of changed after Bo decided to take a step back in the emotional category after that TAMU game 2010. Ever since then, the passion hasn't really been there. IMO.

side note. I kind of found it to be comical that UCLA's crowd was allowed to be heard. The constant "UC--LA *clap* *clap*, UC--LA!" I think its pretty bad when the visiting crowd is allowed to have free reign.

I heard Scott Frost's name thrown out so many times while walking by people after the game too...not sure what warrants that yet, but I guess its just an opinion.

I thought the place would be loud. Watching on TV, seemed very quiet.

Not sure. Maybe I was too sh*tfaced to know one way or the other.

What's funny us I was asking a legitimate question. On TV sounded really quiet. Whether it was first half or not. I don't expect the crowd to do anything. Should be able to ask a question....

Not saying you're lying, but there is actually no question asked in your original post. Would probably have been helpful, if you were asking an honest question, to actually ask an honest question, such as, "did you guys think the crowd was quiet?"