Pelini on Tommie Frazier "We don't need him"

True2tRA

Bo is getting roasted for this nationally. He's just hanging himself.

That's just because the nation sees Tommie Frazier and thinks he must know everything about the situation at hand, when, frankly, he doesn't any more than you or I.

No. It's because after another terrible performance by Bo's team, with his job now in serious jeopardy, he dismissed one of the most beloved players in the history of the program for venting his frustrations. He should have given a more political answer.

Tommie has a right to complain. The product on the field has been pathetic.

Bo's job is in SERIOUS jeopardy?

Kirk Ferentz and Mack Brown has a hotter seat than Bo Pelini right now.

Bo is getting roasted for this nationally. He's just hanging himself.

That's just because the nation sees Tommie Frazier and thinks he must know everything about the situation at hand, when, frankly, he doesn't any more than you or I.

No. It's because after another terrible performance by Bo's team, with his job now in serious jeopardy, he dismissed one of the most beloved players in the history of the program for venting his frustrations. He should have given a more political answer.

Tommie has a right to complain. The product on the field has been pathetic.

Bo's job is in SERIOUS jeopardy?

Kirk Ferentz and Mack Brown has a hotter seat than Bo Pelini right now.

Let's not forget Lane Kiffin, Gary Pinkel, Charlie Weis, and a few others.

Really... we have no idea whether Bo's seat is hot or not. We can express all the opinions we want and it influences little (perhaps nothing). The newspaper columnists can say all they want. All of us could w/o exception call for Bo to be fired (or retained) and it would mean nothing. The only ones whose opinions matter are those in the decision making role in the athletic department... and we have no idea what they think.

Bo's seat could be on fire. Or his seat could be cool as ice. We have no way of knowing.

Bo is likely to be fired at season's end along with some other coaches you have listed. I don't think Kirk will get fired due to his contract and Iowa seems to be rebounding, if only slightly this season.

Bo, at minimum, will need to win the division and not get blown out in Indy. Too many horrible performances to wash away now. Very few people believe he can elevate the program anymore and the wheels have been placed in motion to look for a replacement.

Bo is likely to be fired at season's end along with some other coaches you have listed. I don't think Kirk will get fired due to his contract and Iowa seems to be rebounding, if only slightly this season.

Bo, at minimum, will need to win the division and not get blown out in Indy. Too many horrible performances to wash away now. Very few people believe he can elevate the program anymore and the wheels have been placed in motion to look for a replacement.

this is so cool, guys. i did not know shawn eichorst was a huskerboard poster.

• Fire 1

Again... if the AD at Nebraska is numbered among those few who do believe Bo can elevate the program --- even if I and 1000 other posters think otherwise.... Bo will not be fired. And we have no way of knowing what the AD thinks...

So stating with confidence that Bo is gone (or, for that matter, not gone) is not possible.

Simple answer -- "If I had to respond to the criticism from people like this routinely, I'd never get to do my job as an actual coach. Right, Dirk (Chatelain)?" And give a wry smile while you give the answer.

Situation defused with a little levity, and you do not alienate a Husker legend while you are at it.

I get what Bo is trying to do. An "us against the world" mentality. But it's one thing to do it with the players in the locker room. It's another to do it out in the open, and publicly alienate one of the most legendary Husker players in the process.

This is part of the reason Bill Callahan forced open so many wounds. When former players were not embracing the move to the WCO, or did not quickly see results from the move, saying Nebraska should stay true to what made it famous, instead of finding a way to embrace those critics, Callahan just stuck his middle finger in the air and did not allow certain former players to even come back to visit the program.

Unless Bo becomes Saban or Osborne, he is going to have critics no matter what. It's a reality of coaching. And at some points, he is going to be asked to defend himself against those critics.He can either go the right way, or the wrong way which will dig him a deeper hole.

He chose the wrong way today.

Call Tommie up. Try to repair that situation a little. And know now that there is only one way to repair the public situation you made worse for yourself - win games, ALOT of them. No more blowouts. No more excuses.

• Fire 1

I stated this in the presser thread already-or at least alluded to it. If Frazier didnt already have a consistent rep as a total a-hole with numerous Husker fans, I might be on the fence about this. Obvoiusly they each have an axe to grind with each other. Bo's stern response also suggests that this may not be the first time he's experienced negative backlash from Tommie, and that he's quite frankly fed up, hence the "I'm done with him" quote.

It can be spun as Bo is anti-former player all people want. But anyone with any sort of sense of Bo's record here in that respect knows it aint. I'm halfway through the first volume of the No Place Like Nebraska Book and can easily recall off the top of my head more than one former players that threw Tommie under as being a complete prick. Great player and great leader but prick none the less.

Tommie does have a right to complain. Bo's also got every right in the world to refute those complaints.

The person who asked the question was praying for a response that was more than "i'm not gonna address that" and he got it. Bo didnt leave any place for speculation on the matter. He said what he wanted to say and in his eyes ended it.

• Fire 1

How do you feel about Coach Bo taking a shot at one of Nebraska's all time greatest? Tommie did fire the first shot. I'm already hearing some are taking it as a slam against the entire former player fraternity.

What y'all people think?

Wasn't Tommie's brightest moment, BUT Pelini didn't need to put the fire out by pissing on it!

Better he spends his energy and time on righting the sinking ship!!

Yeah, Frazier posting that after being honored by the school at the same halftime. Real bush league.

"I didn't read what he had to say, I kind of heard about it. I can say this, we have a staff of players, people, administration, everybody here who is busting their butt to do what they can and win football games and do everything they can for these student athletes. Since I've came back here, I've embraced the former players. And if he feels like that, then so be it, we don't need him. That's a shame.

"Until you've sat in this seat and done it, anybody can have an opinion. Anybody can do that. But like I said, it's easy to point fingers and stand outside and throw stones. I take it for what it is."

I find it a little tough to take issue with what Bo said here. Sure, he could have done any number of things a little differently but that's splitting hairs, isn't it? Willie, taking your example statement -- I am sure Bo would be catching a little flak for referring to Tommie as 'people like that.' I guess 'we don't need him' is a strong rebuke, but Tommie took a strong swipe as well.

It's just really hard for me to interpret this as Bo fanning the flames or pissing on anything. Oh well, you can't please everybody. Move on. That's all he's said.

• Fire 1

Simple answer -- "If I had to respond to the criticism from people like this routinely, I'd never get to do my job as an actual coach. Right, Dirk (Chatelain)?" And give a wry smile while you give the answer.

Situation defused with a little levity, and you do not alienate a Husker legend while you are at it.

I get what Bo is trying to do. An "us against the world" mentality. But it's one thing to do it with the players in the locker room. It's another to do it out in the open, and publicly alienate one of the most legendary Husker players in the process.

This is part of the reason Bill Callahan forced open so many wounds. When former players were not embracing the move to the WCO, or did not quickly see results from the move, saying Nebraska should stay true to what made it famous, instead of finding a way to embrace those critics, Callahan just stuck his middle finger in the air and did not allow certain former players to even come back to visit the program.

Unless Bo becauses Saban or Osborne, he is going to have critics no matter what. It's a reality of coaching. And at some points, he is going to be asked to defend himself against those critics.He can either go the right way, or the wrong way which will dig him a deeper hole.

He chose the wrong way today.

Call Tommie up. Try to repair that situation a little. And know now that there is only one way to repair the public situation you made worse for yourself - win games, ALOT of them. No more blowouts. No more excuses.

hmmmm. I guess this is why no more ex players allowed on the sidelines....Bo was probably getting bitch slapped verbally weeks ago........