An open letter to the person or persons who released the Bo Pelini recording to Deadspin

knapplc

Blah, blah, blah, blah, ... Nebraska is not unique. ... blah, blah, blah, ...You are losing this argument. Give it up.
How can you say that about Nebraska? What kind of fan are you? Oh, wait. Did I take that out of context? Hate when that happens.
As I have reported in several other threads, I have been an NU fan for over 5 decades, which is probably more years than you are old. I have been a season ticket holder for the vast majority of those years, cheering the Huskers through thick and thin. I stay until the end of every game. I am an extremely loyal fan. Swing and a miss for anyone who thinks otherwise.
no one is doubting your fandom. but if you want to take bo's comments personally, that is on you.

As a long time supporter and fan, I do take it personally when a coach says, "F--- Y---," to me. Who do you think pays his salary? It is the butts in the seats. All of Nebraska should take Pelini's comments personally. If you don't, there is something seriously wrong with you! It is no secret that Pelini has a distain for the media and the fans. His vulgar rant is a real black eye on the program. If you don't understand that, then you have problems. Personally, if I were the AD, I would suspend him for a game or two. However, I doubt that would do much good because his very nature leads him to do what he does and say what he says. He will do it again, mark my words.

pretty sure there is nothing wrong with me. i have enough maturity and enough of a life outside of this football team that i could not reasonably take the private venting of an individual against a large, impersonal group personal. this was a private venting. it was not a public statement. it is not a black eye on the program because most adults can understand that people have personal thoughts that they need to share to enjoy a moment of catharsis, even if they truly do not believe in those sentiments.

just this morning, cowherd was defending bo and railing against the tipster. if anything, many will see bo as the victim. not the whiny, entitled fans. whom cowherd also complimented, but still understood bo's private venting. not making a judgment on cowherd's remarks, but he is a national voice.

• Fire 1

As a long time supporter and fan, I do take it personally when a coach says, "F--- Y---," to me. Who do you think pays his salary? It is the butts in the seats. All of Nebraska should take Pelini's comments personally. If you don't, there is something seriously wrong with you! It is no secret that Pelini has a distain for the media and the fans. His vulgar rant is a real black eye on the program. If you don't understand that, then you have problems. Personally, if I were the AD, I would suspend him for a game or two. However, I doubt that would do much good because his very nature leads him to do what he does and say what he says. He will do it again, mark my words.

Were you one of the ones who left that game early?

If Yes: Shame on you. The players felt the same way as Bo.

If No: He wasn't talking about you. Get over it.

I was wondering if anyone else felt that way, half way through the 2nd quarter. Told my son, the same thing. As far as what Bo said, I am over it because the part of him saying" when he leaves" probably hurt more. I thought this was his DREAM job. Isn't that what he said when he was hired. I will back Bo as long as he is here, but that remark shows me we need someone with a history with the program, not someone looking for the exit door. jmo gbr...

Meh, that doesn't even bother me. Because of the fans, Tom almost left too.

Good summary.

I have a dilema I need help with. When I was a kid in the 70's, my dad took me to many Husker home football games. While leaving one Nebraska - Oklahoma game after a disappointing loss, I overheard (as many others did) one man saying that Tom Osborne "didn't know his head from his a$$ when calling the offense. He's the reason we lost this game - AGAIN." The guy saying this was from my hometown, and his son recently became vice-president of a rural bank. Should I come forward about this now?

I turned the game off but for health reasons. I do get upset some when we lose, play poorly but I'm a good fan and still wear the colors during after a good or bad game.

But to try and sink someone behind his or her back is lower then a snake's belly in a wagon rut and I hope he or she is found out.

Exactly. If you aren't one of the cry baby, entitled fans that he was referring to, who cares, it wasn't meant for you. It was meant for the ones that yell obscenities at the players and coaches and throw them under the bus all the time. (and sometimes film it or record it so they can show how bad the coach is when he replies) I take no offense at all because I know it wasn't meant for me. I also have and still do walk in coaches shoes and understand the immense hurt fans can and do put on the coaches and players. Before it is said, it matters not that it "goes with the territory", and "coaches get paid for it". People don't realize that coaches don't coach for the money, they coach because they can't compete anymore and they still want to get that feeling you get when you win. Those who say he hasn't embraced the fans don't know. He has embraced the fans that have embraced him and the kids. He won't embrace those that don't support him and the kids and I don't blame him.