An open letter to the person or persons who released the Bo Pelini recording to Deadspin

knapplc

The guy who released this is a lowlife jerk. But it also makes Pelini look like a lowlife jerk too, to be honest.

I'm disappointed that there seems to be a for/anti faction developing here, when I think the actions of all involved here are reprehensible.

There's no winners here, only losers. This is bad for everyone.

The biggest losers being his players

I guess I don't feel sorry for the guy. I don't. You're the head coach of a Division 1 program. Everything you say can be recorded, videotaped, etc. You would think at 45 years old he would know this. The guy needs to spend less time worrying about a few fans who left a stupid football game and more time looking in the mirror.

Snowden is an American hero, and so is whoever leaked this. Karma is a bitch...

There's no comparison between Snowden and the scumbag that released this recording. Snowden risked his life and gave up a very high paying job to expose the US government for shredding the Constitution with domestic spying. The loser that uploaded that recording is someone with a personal vendetta. In fact, the uploader's sneaky, backstabbing behavior is much more like an NSA agent reading through your personal emails, looking for anything "incriminating" to get you with.

Bye Bye Big XII..........have fun with that ostrich experiment! I live in reality......it's really pretty clear. Ill see you on the other side!

GO BIG RED........God willing!!!!!!!!!

Why are you still a fan? You lost all faith, remember?

Apparently you didn't read my last line! Im a fan because I have no other choice.......born and bred 40 plus years Nebraskan.......but I won't bury my head in craziness that makes no sense......I didn't do it with the Calley experience and I won't do it now. I have all the faith in the world that this program can be GREAT.......if the right regime is in place.......but this regime isn't it.

WHY ARE U A FAN.......what a ridiculous question......maybe you need to ask yourself the same question............I KNOW why I am a fan..........tell me why you are?

Speaking as a Nebraska fan, Pelini shouldn't have said that about me unless he was willing to say it to my face. Then again, my standards of behavior and decorum might not match whatever the rest of you are willing to accept. I am glad I found out what and how he really thinks, regardless of how it came about. The tone of this thread is akin to a wife getting mad at the person who tells her that hubby has been cheating on her for years...but again personal preferences can't be debated, it's whatever yuo are okay with...

Actually this situation is akin to a husband and a wife getting in a fight and and then the husband going and venting and saying some really rash things to his buddies that he didn't really mean but it was just the heat of the moment. And then two years later one of those buddies who is secretly trying to get with his friends wife waits until they have another fight and goes to her and plays the audio of her husband from two years before. I would say it is a lot more like that. And I know what i would want to do with that "friend".

• Fire 3

Well said Knapp. I think the ones that are hurting our program the worst are the ones who decide to boo our players during a game. Can you imagine what would be going through a recruits head hearing that? Also, it seems maybe he was protecting his players and needed to vent and some COWARD decided to anonymously give this crap to the media.

I'm never doing any banking in North Platte, that much I can guarantee you.

I'm sick over this. The Nebraska Way and the family motif has been preached for decades, and some guy who likely bought into that, and saw fit enough to donate large amounts of money for that decided he'd wipe his ass with those beliefs for a personal axe to grind,

It's a sad day to be a Husker alum/booster/Club member. I would know, I'm all three.

What does the guy in North Platte have to do with any of this?

Blah, blah, blah, blah, ... Nebraska is not unique. ... blah, blah, blah, ...You are losing this argument. Give it up.
How can you say that about Nebraska? What kind of fan are you? Oh, wait. Did I take that out of context? Hate when that happens.
As I have reported in several other threads, I have been an NU fan for over 5 decades, which is probably more years than you are old. I have been a season ticket holder for the vast majority of those years, cheering the Huskers through thick and thin. I stay until the end of every game. I am an extremely loyal fan. Swing and a miss for anyone who thinks otherwise.
no one is doubting your fandom. but if you want to take bo's comments personally, that is on you.

As a long time supporter and fan, I do take it personally when a coach says, "F--- Y---," to me. Who do you think pays his salary? It is the butts in the seats. All of Nebraska should take Pelini's comments personally. If you don't, there is something seriously wrong with you! It is no secret that Pelini has a distain for the media and the fans. His vulgar rant is a real black eye on the program. If you don't understand that, then you have problems. Personally, if I were the AD, I would suspend him for a game or two. However, I doubt that would do much good because his very nature leads him to do what he does and say what he says. He will do it again, mark my words.

• Fire 1

Personally, if I were the AD, I would suspend him for a game or two.

I wouldn't cry over a game suspension. The biggest problem with that is we'd be punishing him today for something we knew about the day it happened. If they didn't suspend him then, it's less likely they'll suspend him today when the slimeball released the tape.

However, I doubt that would do much good because his very nature leads him to do what he does and say what he says. He will do it again, mark my words.

We'll see. He's made noticeable strides in his attitude, noted openly by much of the local media over the summer.

What I haven't seen is Bo embracing the fans - ever. He has that "us against the world" mentality that's been so widely observed and discussed. This rant is a direct reflection of that. If he doesn't get over that, the likelihood of this happening again ramps up.

• Fire 1

I love this:

While scandals run rampant across the country, Arkansas--Okie Light--Auburn--Miami--Ohio State--Penn State--USC

We're mad because our coach was mad at the fans.

I love this:

While scandals run rampant across the country, Arkansas--Okie Light--Auburn--Miami--Ohio State--Penn State--USC

We're mad because our coach was mad at the fans.

No this is not the primary reason us "fans" are mad......we are mad because this coach can not win a relevent game to save his butt.......he can't even make them a battle......he gets his butt kick.......THAT is why we are mad

This ignorant stuff that came out today is just icing on the cake for those of us who have totally lost faith in this regime because of what has happened ON THE FIELD>

Really? So we're going to use a tape that was recorded two years ago to try and make a point about a topic unrelated to that? GOT IT.

You REALLY think that recording from 2 years ago is "unrelated" to what is going on now......REALLY????? LMFAO

THE SAME EXACT THING IS GOING ON 2 YEARS LATER..........AS I SAID IN ANOTHER POST, ITS THE DEFINITION OF INSANITY..........THINKING the result will be different! LOL

If you watched that game on Saturday and didn't get a knot in your stomach in the 2nd quarter then you are lying to yourself.......the comment from a mere 2 years ago is VERY relevant.......because the same mess was happening then. Us "fair weather" fans had the same knot in our guts back then........and WERE WE WRONG? LOL

I was wondering if anyone else felt that way, half way through the 2nd quarter. Told my son, the same thing. As far as what Bo said, I am over it because the part of him saying" when he leaves" probably hurt more. I thought this was his DREAM job. Isn't that what he said when he was hired. I will back Bo as long as he is here, but that remark shows me we need someone with a history with the program, not someone looking for the exit door. jmo gbr...

I agree that the person who did this is a slime ball and really has no regard for the program, players and fans.

Completely wrong time to do this.

Hilarious. The person who says "Eff you, fans!" isn't called out for having no regard for the fans; rather, it's the person who released the recording who has no regard for those fans! Priceless. You guys have Stockholm Syndrome -- a classic case if I've ever seen one!

There are proper ways to accomplish something and this isn't it.

I can't say that I can support Bo after the UCLA game as a coach. I have been one of his more staunch supporters. So, if I am wavering on my support, his seat is hot. If we go into the Michigan game and/or the CCG and bowl games and lay eggs like we did last year then I would support his removal.

HOWEVER, this slime ball did more damage to the program than what Bo could do by simply finishing out the season and being released at the end of the year. This idiot didn't have any regard for anyone but himself in doing this.

If this piece of crap wanted his removal so bad, send the audio to the chancellor at the end of the season when his seat is hot as a reason for his removal and let the cards fall.

Doing it now only hurts the rest of the staff, players and fans.

This is NOT how the Nebraska football program should be ran.