An open letter to the person or persons who released the Bo Pelini recording to Deadspin

knapplc

Hilarious. The person who says "Eff you, fans!" isn't called out for having no regard for the fans; rather, it's the person who released the recording who has no regard for those fans! Priceless. You guys have Stockholm Syndrome -- a classic case if I've ever seen one!

There are over 700 replies to this thread, all evincing shock at Pelini's actions in some form or another. Everyone agrees Bo will have to answer for what he said. But that's a separate issue from the tool who released this recording.

HuskerBoard, you see, is capable of walking and chewing gum. Simultaneously.

• Fire 1

I finally got around to listening to the recording just before jumping onto Huskerboard. It sounds to me like an emotional guy shooting the bull with a couple of other people and venting. Whoever made that recording and kept it, and whoever sent it to Deadspin today, they are snakes in the grass. I agree that their are cracks in the program, possibly cracks that couldn't be fixed even before today. But this, this is low.

Hilarious. The person who says "Eff you, fans!" isn't called out for having no regard for the fans; rather, it's the person who released the recording who has no regard for those fans! Priceless. You guys have Stockholm Syndrome -- a classic case if I've ever seen one!

There are over 700 replies to this thread, all evincing shock at Pelini's actions in some form or another. Everyone agrees Bo will have to answer for what he said. But that's a separate issue from the tool who released this recording.

I was calling out the utter absurdity of thinking that it's the person releasing the recording who lacks respect for the fans.

Of course this was a calculated release by someone with an agenda. So what? It was the perfect time to release it. People have legitimate reasons to want Pelini gone, and some may have legitimate reasons to have their identities concealed. That's how things work.

I agree that the person who did this is a slime ball and really has no regard for the program, players and fans.

Completely wrong time to do this.

And you have Munchausen's Syndrome by proxy.

I was calling out the utter absurdity of thinking that it's the person releasing the recording who lacks respect for the fans.

Of course this was a calculated release by someone with an agenda. So what? It was the perfect time to release it. People have legitimate reasons to want Pelini gone, and some may have legitimate reasons to have their identities concealed. That's how things work.

No, that's not how things work. You want Pelini gone--you release the tape THAT DAY. You don't wait two f****** years to release that tape. That's not how things work. The guy who released it is garbage and he's not getting what he wants from. He'll get the exact opposite.

• Fire 2

While it is highly unfortunate, for all of Husker Nation, that any of this has transpired, Pelini, and he alone, is responsible for his actions. Whatever the intent of the person who released this tape, no head coach should put himself in a position to have had this circumstance occur. Why would any head coach ever make statements like that, in any venue, at any time? Why? I feel for the players as they are the ones who will have the difficult task of hanging together through all of this. I will be cheering louder than ever---------for the players.

• Fire 1

Don't shoot the messenger. The slimeball is Bo for calling out Nebraska fans who happen to pay his salary. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. Good luck in finding another job that pays 3 million.

The slime ball is most certainly not Bo. The slime ball is the guy who waits two years to release this so he could try and get his way. It's garbage. And it's people like you who fail to understand the circumstances regarding that situation which make it all the worse.

• Fire 1

What legitimate reason for concealing their identities?

While it is highly unfortunate, for all of Husker Nation, that any of this has transpired, Pelini, and he alone, is responsible for his actions. Whatever the intent of the person who released this tape, no head coach should put himself in a position to have had this circumstance occur. Why would any head coach ever make statements like that, in any venue, at any time?]/b] Why? I feel for the players as they are the ones who will have the difficult task of hanging together through all of this. I will be cheering louder than ever---------for the players.

Because he's a human, too.

But please tell me you'd never do a thing like that, no, certainly not.

Well said, Knapp. Nice to read something that makes sense, and makes me feel good about being a fan of the Huskers. Too much anger, despair, chaos, confusion, disappointment and embarrassment swirling around the program and this board right now. I agree with this post wholeheartedly. The negative publicity stirred up by this "person" will hurt Bo, but it will hurt Nebraska more. And that really pisses me off.

No, that's not how things work. You want Pelini gone--you release the tape THAT DAY. You don't wait two f****** years to release that tape. That's not how things work. The guy who released it is garbage and he's not getting what he wants from. He'll get the exact opposite.

God I hate how much I've been enjoying agreeing with a 12 year old.

Once again +1 junior