An open letter to the person or persons who released the Bo Pelini recording to Deadspin

knapplc

Why don't you take your butt hurt a** out of here? It's a slimy move by a slimy guy who doesn't have any integrity. Unbelievable that people would defend his actions.

I'm sure Bo doesn't care if everybody knows what he thinks of them. Bo isn't the kind of guy to say one thing to a person's face and another thing when they aren't around. Bo's a stand up kind of guy and says what he says and means what he means...and if we don't like it, well then, F all of us F'in A-holes, we can kiss his F'in @ss...

...although my mom is a Husker fan, so I really wish he wouldn't say things like that about her any more...but again, I'm preaching whatever you are down with, that's okay with me. We all love our moms at a different level, I'm sure. Not everybody needs to love their mom more than Bo... :laughpound

Why don't you take your butt hurt a** out of here? It's a slimy move by a slimy guy who doesn't have any integrity. Unbelievable that people would defend his actions.

I'm sure Bo doesn't care if everybody knows what he thinks of them. Bo isn't the kind of guy to say one thing to a person's face and another thing when they aren't around. Bo's a stand up kind of guy and says what he says and means what he means...and if we don't like it, well then, F all of us F'in A-holes, we can kiss his F'in @ss...

...although my mom is a Husker fan, so I really wish he wouldn't say things like that about her any more...but again, I'm preaching whatever you are down with, that's okay with me. We all love our moms at a different level, I'm sure. Not everybody needs to love their mom more than Bo... :laughpound

Funny because I have family that feel the same way for Bo as Bo does for our fan base. And this didn't start until 2011 after Carl left. On a side not, I really think losing Sanders, Carl, Ekler hurt our defense more than anything and having a less than average offense so far isn't helping. It could translate to more L's with such a weak schedule.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, ... Nebraska is not unique. ... blah, blah, blah, ...You are losing this argument. Give it up.

How can you say that about Nebraska? What kind of fan are you?

Oh, wait. Did I take that out of context? Hate when that happens.

As I have reported in several other threads, I have been an NU fan for over 5 decades, which is probably more years than you are old. I have been a season ticket holder for the vast majority of those years, cheering the Huskers through thick and thin. I stay until the end of every game. I am an extremely loyal fan. Swing and a miss for anyone who thinks otherwise.

Yeah, so I guess I need to explain the sarcasm in my post. I pulled one little statement out of your post that sounds bad when taken out of context. I wasn't really commenting on what you were saying so much as I was showing how something that is taken out of context can sound really bad. Like this tape of Bo, for example. Obviously the tape was not edited, but pulling something from post game two years ago after a game where people were booing and left early and presenting it as if it were something that just happened is taking it out of context.

So no offense to you as a fan. Just being a condescending smart ass.

Been mulling this over, concluded Bo just isn't a smart guy. Like others have said this wasn't a discussion with other coaches this was with media members. You gotta know that this could get out.

Falls right in line with other hot head incidents. Seriously, what head coach has time to read the local journalists and pick fights and sound off? OURS. On top of that freak out about spectators. Not players, refs, coaches, nope people observing a football game. Smh

Bo is like the buddy that gets into a fight every time he drinks. It's like he can't control himself. Those that stand behind bo are like the friends that fight for their drunk buddy even though they know it's his fault and he started the fight.

The timing bothers me though. Two years is a long time to wait I just don't see how it changes much regardless of agenda. I don't see how NU let's him on the field sat. It will be a $hi! Show.

I'm no Bo Pelini sunshine pumper union member, but that move was low. Think of all the people behind the scenes who have to fix this. It was cold, calculated, and intended for maximum damage...the list of suspects is short. Who ever did this obviously failed to think it through.

Of course they thought it through. The timing is pretty good if you have Perlman and Eichorst releasing their statements tonight. It seemed to be released perfectly for the desired effect. You reap what you sow, Bo!

And for those masochists wanting the person who released this tape to go public, I hope you equally wish that Pelini had told you to "Eff off!" right to your faces (you know, rather than behind your backs like the coward/bully that he is).

Thousands of people left a game early during what turned out to be the biggest comeback in school history. The reporter reminded/informed Bo of this. It's not like he brought it up. Once he was told this he was saying, "oh, yeah? Well what kind of fans are they? They shoulda stayed. f#*k em!"

Like someone said in the other thread, I'm actually a little more pissed he said, "lets see what they can do without me"

I just want to wax the next 10 teams on our schedule. It's not like we have NCAA sanctions headed our way for lack of oversight. OUR COACH WAS MAD FANS BAILED DURING A HIGE GAME!!!!

While it is highly unfortunate, for all of Husker Nation, that any of this has transpired, Pelini, and he alone, is responsible for his actions. Whatever the intent of the person who released this tape, no head coach should put himself in a position to have had this circumstance occur. Why would any head coach ever make statements like that, in any venue, at any time?]/b] Why? I feel for the players as they are the ones who will have the difficult task of hanging together through all of this. I will be cheering louder than ever---------for the players.

Because he's a human, too.

But please tell me you'd never do a thing like that, no, certainly not.

I have been involved in coaching at various levels for the past 42 years. Never did I ever fly off of the handle at fans, media, or players like that. Never! End of story!

Really? Have you ever coached at Nebraska?

No, I have not coached at Nebraska. But, I have, back in the day, officiated Big 8 athletic events. It does not matter where you coach. Nebraska is not unique. There are hundreds of programs where coaches of character elevate themselves above the fracas of negativism. It is what you do as an example to your players, staff, media and fans. You are losing this argument. Give it up.

He isn't losing this argument (except in your mind). In reality, he's already won it.

I love this:

While scandals run rampant across the country, Arkansas--Okie Light--Auburn--Miami--Ohio State--Penn State--USC

We're mad because our coach was mad at the fans.

The saying is "It's not what you say, but how you say it." In this case, he said all the wrong things. Period. Emotions rampant or not. At the end of the day, he represents the most prestigious sport/team in our state. There are no excuses for this. I've thought about it and I'm not for calling Pelini's head. I do however expect some kind of suspension or perhaps changes for the team in order to win games. Schemes, coaches, players whatever it takes. If we finish worse than 9-4, he's gone. We won't fire him but he'll leave on his own accord.

I don't give a damn what he said or how he said it.

I care that we're giving a damn about our coach being mad at a fan base and reporters when he had every right to be mad at them and blowing it out of proportion like it was worse than what has happened elsewhere.

I love this:

While scandals run rampant across the country, Arkansas--Okie Light--Auburn--Miami--Ohio State--Penn State--USC

I love this:

No this is not the primary reason us "fans" are mad......we are mad because this coach can not win a relevent game to save his butt.......he can't even make them a battle......he gets his butt kick.......THAT is why we are mad

This ignorant stuff that came out today is just icing on the cake for those of us who have totally lost faith in this regime because of what has happened ON THE FIELD>

I love this:

I love this:

No this is not the primary reason us "fans" are mad......we are mad because this coach can not win a relevent game to save his butt.......he can't even make them a battle......he gets his butt kick.......THAT is why we are mad

This ignorant stuff that came out today is just icing on the cake for those of us who have totally lost faith in this regime because of what has happened ON THE FIELD>

Really? So we're going to use a tape that was recorded two years ago to try and make a point about a topic unrelated to that? GOT IT.

I love this:

I love this:

Really? So we're going to use a tape that was recorded two years ago to try and make a point about a topic unrelated to that? GOT IT.

You REALLY think that recording from 2 years ago is "unrelated" to what is going on now......REALLY????? LMFAO

THE SAME EXACT THING IS GOING ON 2 YEARS LATER..........AS I SAID IN ANOTHER POST, ITS THE DEFINITION OF INSANITY..........THINKING the result will be different! LOL

If you watched that game on Saturday and didn't get a knot in your stomach in the 2nd quarter then you are lying to yourself.......the comment from a mere 2 years ago is VERY relevant.......because the same mess was happening then. Us "fair weather" fans had the same knot in our guts back then........and WERE WE WRONG? LOL

I love this:

I love this:

You REALLY think that recording from 2 years ago is "unrelated" to what is going on now......REALLY????? LMFAO

THE SAME EXACT THING IS GOING ON 2 YEARS LATER..........AS I SAID IN ANOTHER POST, ITS THE DEFINITION OF INSANITY..........THINKING the result will be different! LOL

If you watched that game on Saturday and didn't get a knot in your stomach in the 2nd quarter then you are lying to yourself.......the comment from a mere 2 years ago is VERY relevant.......because the same mess was happening then. Us "fair weather" fans had the same knot in our guts back then........and WERE WE WRONG? LOL

No...

I'm not talking about on the field results. I'm talking about off the field results. If you can't understand that then maybe you're better off watching paint dry.

Is that a personal attack? *Oops* if it is.

Here's probably a thing that should be considered:

Why even record the conversation in the first place? Did this one person hear Bo talking, think to themselves, "I wonder if I could get anything good on Bo, to get him fired because dammit I hate him." So they record it and when they get what they wanted they run home and bury it in their back yard until the right moment (which was apparently today).

It's likely there is a lot more where this came from. I doubt Bo's temper tantrum was a one-off.

I love this:

Bingo!

Nice write up Knap. Very well put together. I wonder if the reasoning behind all this was a way to include it as future leverage. Meaning, if someone is not okay with an 8-4 season they will include this in termination factors / decisions. Whether that be end of season or next or whatever.

The guy who released this is a lowlife jerk. But it also makes Pelini look like a lowlife jerk too, to be honest.

I'm disappointed that there seems to be a for/anti faction developing here, when I think the actions of all involved here are reprehensible.

There's no winners here, only losers. This is bad for everyone.

• Fire 1

The guy who released this is a lowlife jerk. But it also makes Pelini look like a lowlife jerk too, to be honest.

I'm disappointed that there seems to be a for/anti faction developing here, when I think the actions of all involved here are reprehensible.

There's no winners here, only losers. This is bad for everyone.

Exactly what he wanted. Even though Pelini was definitely making progress towards the fans and towards the media this jackwagon puts this out here to try and trash all of it.

• Fire 1