How Does Bo Recover?

billdozer15

If in fact Bo has been looking for another job every year we should just let him go. No point in keeping a coach who has his eye on other jobs constantly. We shouldn't be afraid just to keep Bo because of the unknown. I'd rather find someone who wants to be here. Food for thought Bo might be tanking the big time games on purpose so he could get fired but do it on his own terms. Also why we keep getting worse cause Bo probably just doesn't care as much anymore.

If in fact Bo has been looking for another job every year we should just let him go. No point in keeping a coach who has his eye on other jobs constantly. We shouldn't be afraid just to keep Bo because of the unknown. I'd rather find someone who wants to be here. Food for thought Bo might be tanking the big time games on purpose so he could get fired but do it on his own terms. Also why we keep getting worse cause Bo probably just doesn't care as much anymore.

bullsh#t.

• Fire 2

It's simple like most have said..................he needs to win to keep his job and win big. I don't know what'll happen if he doesn't win the B1G somehow, but I have a feeling somehow he'll be gone if he doesn't and I don't think I can agree with that. This team better rally together and embrace the "us against the world" mindset and play the way they are capable of playing. Problem is I wonder if they are all mentally tough enough to rally together for an extended amount of time. So far over the years they can't seem to keep it together mentally for 60 minutes of football.....................I don't think it's unreasonable to think they can't keep it together mentally for an entire football season.

This is something I've been trying to wrap my mind around. The 2009 squad was as mentally tough as it come. We didn't become mentally weak until we had primarily Bo recruits. I've been going back over the past decade trying to wrap my mind around this. Bo was only here in 2003 and had great results. He was only at OU one year. He was at LSU for what three or four seasons? I'm beginning to wonder if he isn't just a hard coach to be around. The longer players are around him the more disconnected they become with the task at hand? There were rumors floating around Watson's last year here that he'd lost around 15-20 pounds because of the stress of having to convince players not to quit the team after they'd been royally chewed out by Bo. There were also rumors that Bo actively pursued the Miami job. I just don't know what to think anymore.

Rumor has it Bo was gone the week before the curb stomping B1G Championship game. Bye golly that was the time the Arkansas job was open.

bullsh#t.

a defensive genius who can gets his defense shredded? highly improbable.

bullsh#t.

How does getting stomped help him land his next coaching gig? I can't believe you are serious about that comment. It may be the stupidest thing I have ever read, and I read a lot.

• Fire 2

A newish head coach who hasn't brought in people with different perspectives on defense to change things up, challenge his own ways, etc? Far more probable. And for those idiotic posts, you're on ignore. Welcome.

this is also a DC who has won a National Title. All of a sudden he can't make adjustments and can't teach fundamentals? bullsh#t.

You really shouldnt be allowed to think anymore.

bullsh#t.

How does getting stomped help him land his next coaching gig? I can't believe you are serious about that comment. It may be the stupidest thing I have ever read, and I read a lot.

it helps him because he can play off the recruit angle. If he says he can't bring in the recruits he needs he may get the benefit of doubt. remember those 2009 and 2010 were still Callahan's recruits.

You really shouldnt be allowed to think anymore.

shut up.

It's a little damning that Bo keeps getting passed over for the job at these supposedly greener pastures.

We worry that if we fire a coach who wins 9 and 10 games every season, no legitimate coach will want to come here. But I think the savvy observers of college football understand that something's just not right at Nebraska, and that the school has a deservedly higher bar than most schools. If we go shopping for coaches, we'll have some worthy candidates. Whereas it's hard to imagine Bo landing an HC job at a Top 25 program right now. That won't be on the fans or the media. It will be the measured opinion of people who know college football.

• Fire 1

It's a little damning that Bo keeps getting passed over for the job at these supposedly greener pastures.

We worry that if we fire a coach who wins 9 and 10 games every season, no legitimate coach will want to come here. But I think the savvy observers of college football understand that something's just not right at Nebraska, and that the school has a deservedly higher bar than most schools. If we go shopping for coaches, we'll have some worthy candidates. Whereas it's hard to imagine Bo landing an HC job at a Top 25 program right now. That won't be on the fans or the media. It will be the measured opinion of people who know college football.

Well said. I don't see Bo landing another high profile gig and by high profile like you said a job running a top 25 program. I also feel like Nebraska could land a really good coach unlike the yahoo article someone posted seemed to not think. Heck let's be honest. Put enough dollar signs out there...you'll land someone.