How Does Bo Recover?

billdozer15

Another loss like UCLA, even one more, and he won't be able to survive, imo.

i said this earlier and i will say it again. bo needs to perform. at the end of the year, eichorst has a decision to make and this just made it that much easier.

bo does good, we forget about this and move on with a hopeful future.

bo produces the same season as the last two year, eichorst is able to dismiss him and point to his poor performance and disrespecting the fans to rally those very fans.

but i think it will be hard to find a quality coach. between competing with ut and usc and the perception that husker fans are impossible to please, it could be tough.

the national media just does not understand that we are not unreasonable. we just want to be able to compete on the national stage.

People seem to assert that NU fans are somehow "impossible to please."

I am unconvinced that NU fans are in any significant manner more demanding than fans at a dozen or so other programs.

Also... the notion that there will be few good... or willing ... candidates seems unfounded as well. NU has much to offer. Sure the program is at a 50 year low (and has been for a time)... but the history, the fan base, the facilities, and so many other positive factors... not to mention the $ likely to be made available to entice a candidate makes it reasonable to think NU will get some good candidates. I will confess that the Texas and USC jobs will be tough to compete against but there should be candidates out there.

but i think it will be hard to find a quality coach. between competing with ut and usc and the perception that husker fans are impossible to please, it could be tough.

Every year there are jobs almost equal to far above the Nebraska position available. Next year won't be much different than the following year, or the year after that.

2013: Arkansas, Auburn, Oregon, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Texas Tech (maybe even Kentucky since it's south and SEC)

2012: Arkansas, Arizona State, North Carolina, Ohio State, Penn State, A&M, UCLA (Throw in Mississippi, Illinois, Houston, Arizona into the mix as well)

2011: Florida, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio State, Stanford, West Virginia

2010: Florida State, Notre Dame, Tennessee, Texas Tech, USC

So around 4 destinations that are likely more desirable either because of conference, location (recruiting), pay, etc each year become available, and another 2-4 or so that are likely going to compete pretty evenly with Nebraska for a head coach. Some of these had HCs in waiting, others were funky scenarios...but all in all, expect something similar this year. We just happen to know (assume) 2 of them early.

Ya know, something tells me Bo is peed of. Im sure hes sorry that tape came out but i dont think hes sorry he said it. His personality is obviously fiery with alot of emotion. Hes mad and I think this motivates him to get these players focused. Weve all said things even about our wives we wouldnt say to there face. I believe Bo gets this done and turnes out a memorible year! GBR

I know i cant spell hehe

I agree, he is sorry for one thing and one thing only....he got caught and his ass is on the line....you don't talk about NU fans like he does and get paid millions every year.

Bo was for sure on his way out the door at one time and was talked into staying by Osborne and some boosters. (That's a fact. Don't ask for a source because I won't throw "family" under the bus)

When I learned this I had to question if Bo could handle the HC job here. Like Solich I wondered if Bo was better off as a coordinator, not the head guy.

I still support Bo, hope he can have a successful year, and hope he makes some major staff changes for next year.

• Fire 1

The most "damning" part of the tape was the verbiage that seemed to suggest Bo was looking for greener pastures. If there is more evidence to suggest that he has been actively

pursuing other jobs, then I believe he will be gone at the end of the year. Now, if teams were contact HIM first and he had some polite "networking" dialogue with them---I get that--no problem, always good to keep other options open. BUT...if he had initiated the contact....it certainly looks as though he is just biding his time, looking for greener pastures.

It would not shock me if the AD was having some private dialogues of their own with prospective coaches--nothing official, just putting feelers out there and the end of BO could have

a lot to do with who is willing and available.

I hope he stays and turns things around----I know a lot of folks say it will hurt the program, hurt the recruiting, etc if we had another coaching change---but those are short term "pains"--you keep putting a soft team on the field--you get a reputation for getting blown out--and that HURTS the program for a very, very long time. Mistakes can be corrected, Reputations can take forever to resolve.

husker fans just want a team we can be proud of, that competes in every game, and that wins a conf. champ every so often. it would also be nice to make the playoffs once in awhile, as well.

True

Agenda driven weasels try and push it to we demand undefeated National Championships every year

That is nonsense- I dont know anyone like that

We want well coached, well prepared teams that compete

NO ONE I know personally would have been upset if we ended up something like 11 wins this or last year and 10 the next maybe a few 9s in there

A championship here and there- in the discussion or top 10 every couple of years

As long as we see progress, strong coaching, well prepared teams

The most "damning" part of the tape was the verbiage that seemed to suggest Bo was looking for greener pastures.

I am guessing that he knew the win over Ohio State just put him one step closer to the Ohio State job. He didn't get it, and since hasn't been actively looking. I wouldn't have blamed Bo one bit for going to Ohio State. I think he might have been talking specifically about that job, since this was recorded immediately after that game...not about jobs in general. In which I'm ok with that part.

It's simple like most have said..................he needs to win to keep his job and win big. I don't know what'll happen if he doesn't win the B1G somehow, but I have a feeling somehow he'll be gone if he doesn't and I don't think I can agree with that. This team better rally together and embrace the "us against the world" mindset and play the way they are capable of playing. Problem is I wonder if they are all mentally tough enough to rally together for an extended amount of time. So far over the years they can't seem to keep it together mentally for 60 minutes of football.....................I don't think it's unreasonable to think they can't keep it together mentally for an entire football season.

Osborne was a fluke..He had this ability memorize details of plays that was scary...Probably still remembers my name even though we only met twice. Doubt we'll ever find anyone as loyal to the state to weather the fickle fans for a decade.

I don't know if I'd say Osborne was a fluke. He has a great offensive mind. There are rules and limitations in place now that TO didn't have to deal with back when.....TO recognized this coming with the formation of the Big 12. I understand we recognize his loyalty, but he looked at options......

It's simple like most have said..................he needs to win to keep his job and win big. I don't know what'll happen if he doesn't win the B1G somehow, but I have a feeling somehow he'll be gone if he doesn't and I don't think I can agree with that. This team better rally together and embrace the "us against the world" mindset and play the way they are capable of playing. Problem is I wonder if they are all mentally tough enough to rally together for an extended amount of time. So far over the years they can't seem to keep it together mentally for 60 minutes of football.....................I don't think it's unreasonable to think they can't keep it together mentally for an entire football season.

This is something I've been trying to wrap my mind around. The 2009 squad was as mentally tough as it come. We didn't become mentally weak until we had primarily Bo recruits. I've been going back over the past decade trying to wrap my mind around this. Bo was only here in 2003 and had great results. He was only at OU one year. He was at LSU for what three or four seasons? I'm beginning to wonder if he isn't just a hard coach to be around. The longer players are around him the more disconnected they become with the task at hand? There were rumors floating around Watson's last year here that he'd lost around 15-20 pounds because of the stress of having to convince players not to quit the team after they'd been royally chewed out by Bo. There were also rumors that Bo actively pursued the Miami job. I just don't know what to think anymore.

• Fire 1