How Does Bo Recover?

billdozer15

The tape will be a non factor regarding his job. Assuming we continue to have a similar season to the recent ones, his job is only going to be in question if he refuses to make changes defensively, specifically the coordinator.

This. He shouldn't even apologized for that tape. It was the heat of the moment. People piling on him so mad about what he said are disingenuous. As if every one hasn't been so mad they say things that don't mean. Enough already. He was speaking honestly about the situation and he, and the players should have been mad at the fans that booed and left the game at halftime. This entire story should be a non issue. It happened 2 years ago.

so he was "speaking honestly" about that "which he did not mean". How does that work?

• Fire 1

With everything going on, I'm fearful of a 2007 type season meltdown. I don't think Bo gets fired. It will be handled a lot more like Watson and Carl was handled. TO will put in some calls and get Bo another gig allowing everyone to save face here if something does happen. If Bo is gone at season's end, I'm fearful the powers that be will circle the wagons and require the next guy be a Nebraska guy. This scares the crap out of me.

Bo is about as good of a coach as we can expect to get.

I can't imagine a coach that could consistently win enough with such a limited population base without stockpiling players like Devaney or looking the other way while boosters give parties with "envelopes" hended off for performance, or to be on the cutting edge of performance enhancing "suppliments" or weight training.

Osborne was a fluke..He had this ability memorize details of plays that was scary...Probably still remembers my name even though we only met twice. Doubt we'll ever find anyone as loyal to the state to weather the fickle fans for a decade.

John Bishop@JohnBishop71 25m

First I've seen from a national guy RT @TeddyGreenstein: Pelini/Nebraska -- time to file for divorce: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/chi-pelini-20130917,0,1958147,full.column … #Huskers

In the article it says that Bo actively pursued the Ohio St., and Penn. St jobs.... And last offseason he went after the Tennessee, and Arkansas jobs.... There is way to much of this kind of talk for it not to be somewhat true... Where there's smoke there's fire....

First I've seen from a national guy RT @TeddyGreenstein: Pelini/Nebraska -- time to file for divorce: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/chi-pelini-20130917,0,1958147,full.column … #Huskers

In the article it says that Bo actively pursued the Ohio St., and Penn. St jobs.... And last offseason he went after the Tennessee, and Arkansas jobs.... There is way to much of this kind of talk for it not to be somewhat true... Where there's smoke there's fire....

Actively pursued Penn State? On the heels of arguably the most damning scandal in the history of college sports? Is this serious? Who are this guy's sources?

Actively pursued Penn State? On the heels of arguably the most damning scandal in the history of college sports? Is this serious? Who are this guy's sources?

Which job doesn't matter. There have been multiple national media members that have had "sources" tell them that Bo has actively pursued other jobs....

Bo's recovery will not be easy.

Angry Dad posted this...

According to Scout.com’s Bootleg’s Graduation Rate reports, NU graduated 88% of its players in 2007, 83% of its players in 2008 and over the past 3 years grad rates have jockeyed back and forth between 67% and 68%.

Producing a few Academic All-Americans and maintaining strong cumulative GPAs is nice, but what does any of that matter without diplomas? Dropping 20 points on sheepskins and ranking 9th in the B1G for grad rates isn’t doing NU any favors. In fact, in many corners of the Husker Universe, including this writer’s world, the steep drop in graduations is a fireable offense all by its lonesome, especially when GSR no longer dings for transfers and there have been few if any flights to the NFL that I can recall.

if that is true... if those numbers are accurate... then recovery is even harder for Bo as arguments continue to mount from many different angles. This one is significant.

With everything going on, I'm fearful of a 2007 type season meltdown. I don't think Bo gets fired. It will be handled a lot more like Watson and Carl was handled. TO will put in some calls and get Bo another gig allowing everyone to save face here if something does happen. If Bo is gone at season's end, I'm fearful the powers that be will circle the wagons and require the next guy be a Nebraska guy. This scares the crap out of me.

Depends on the position. If it doesn't pay 3+ mill, that could cost us up to 150,000 per game or 1.8 million per year for the 2014, 2015 and 2016 seasons. While 5.4 million isn't a huge number, they can pull the trigger right now and likely settle for a percentage of that with everything that is going on. Say there is 4 mill left, that goes a long way towards the next guy. Giving him a graceful exit is expensive. If it's inevitable...is it better to do it now? Or is there too much cost associated w/ that (recruiting, losses, etc)

Another loss like UCLA, even one more, and he won't be able to survive, imo.

i said this earlier and i will say it again. bo needs to perform. at the end of the year, eichorst has a decision to make and this just made it that much easier.

-bo does good, we forget about this and move on with a hopeful future.

-bo produces the same season as the last two year, eichorst is able to dismiss him and point to his poor performance and disrespecting the fans to rally those very fans.

but i think it will be hard to find a quality coach. between competing with ut and usc and the perception that husker fans are impossible to please, it could be tough.

the national media just does not understand that we are not unreasonable. we just want to be able to compete on the national stage.