How Does Bo Recover?

billdozer15

Is it possible for Bo to outrun this monster?

This is probably a rehash of some things being said in other threads but I just dont see how this ends without Bo leaving. Whether on his own or being forced out. I really liked Bo when he came in but after our loss to Ohio State last year i realized he wasnt the guy. Then every loss since then has been uterly embarrassing. The losses have gotten worse the longer he has been around and this last UCLA loss was about a bad of meltdown as you could have.

With the recent audio tape release I dont see any way he is here next year. They say winning cures everything. In this case I say it could, but the second he starts losing or loses badly that audio tape will rear its head agian and be a distraction. I think Bo, Eichorst, Perlman all know this and I think Bo makes it through the end of the season but we will see a coaching change either by Bo finding a new gig or him being forced out.

Good, bad or indiferent i just struggle to see a way he stays.

I think we'll see one of two things happen. Either the team will rally around Bo and plays their asses off for the rest of the season with an intensity and fire we have not witnessed in decades or, we see a team so disenfranchised with their coach, program and fans, they completely fall apart. Personally, I'm hoping for the former.

yeah, but do either of those options still have Bo here? Thats the question Eichorst has to ask himself. Even if Bo begins winning (really skeptical here) you have to think he is going to jump ship at his first chance.

I think we'll see one of two things happen. Either the team will rally around Bo and plays their asses off for the rest of the season with an intensity and fire we have not witnessed in decades or, we see a team so disenfranchised with their coach, program and fans, they completely fall apart. Personally, I'm hoping for the former.

this. it's a turning point no doubt. we knew it would be. i just don't know if all the emotion and motivation in the world is going to be enough. that was not a team on Saturday that can dominate a descent football team for 4 quarters.

Ya know, something tells me Bo is peed of. Im sure hes sorry that tape came out but i dont think hes sorry he said it. His personality is obviously fiery with alot of emotion. Hes mad and I think this motivates him to get these players focused. Weve all said things even about our wives we wouldnt say to there face. I believe Bo gets this done and turnes out a memorible year! GBR

I know i cant spell hehe

yeah, but do either of those options still have Bo here? Thats the question Eichorst has to ask himself. Even if Bo begins winning (really skeptical here) you have to think he is going to jump ship at his first chance.

I think that hinges entirely on Bo himself. If he is sincere with his apology (for which I have to assume he is) and embraces the fans and program whole-heartedly and makes a concerted effort to make amends, I think we'll see Bo on the sidelines next year. On the other hand, I view Eichorst as the second coming of Pederson who is itching to make his own mark on this program and is looking for any excuse to get rid of Bo and bring in "his" guy

I think that hinges entirely on Bo himself. If he is sincere with his apology (for which I have to assume he is) and embraces the fans and program whole-heartedly and makes a concerted effort to make amends, I think we'll see Bo on the sidelines next year. On the other hand, I view Eichorst as the second coming of Pederson who is itching to make his own mark on this program and is looking for any excuse to get rid of Bo and bring in "his" guy

I could see that. Do you think Eichorst is really that kind of guy? I guess I'm not close enough to the program to know. Are there things he has done to make you think he is "itching"?

Myself, i fall in the don't really care category. I like Bo as a person, he is fiery and i understand that. But at times he is his own worst enemy. The product on the field isnt great but its better than it was. I dont think anyone can really say for certain he is the guy. We are stuck in limbo which is more frustrating than anything.

I could see that. Do you think Eichorst is really that kind of guy? I guess I'm not close enough to the program to know. Are there things he has done to make you think he is "itching"?

Myself, i fall in the don't really care category. I like Bo as a person, he is fiery and i understand that. But at times he is his own worst enemy. The product on the field isnt great but its better than it was. I dont think anyone can really say for certain he is the guy. We are stuck in limbo which is more frustrating than anything.

I can't say for certain Eichorst is that kind of person but from what I've seen and noticed about him, he reminds me a lot of Pederson. But maybe someone with more insight and is more in touch with the program can shed some light. Personally, I don't mind Bo. He has his faults and flaws but who doesn't. And I certainly have no issue with his recorded comments.

The tape will be a non factor regarding his job. Assuming we continue to have a similar season to the recent ones, his job is only going to be in question if he refuses to make changes defensively, specifically the coordinator.

This. He shouldn't even apologized for that tape. It was the heat of the moment. People piling on him so mad about what he said are disingenuous. As if every one hasn't been so mad they say things that don't mean. Enough already. He was speaking honestly about the situation and he, and the players should have been mad at the fans that booed and left the game at halftime. This entire story should be a non issue. It happened 2 years ago.