If you're Harvey Perlman.........

Comish

What's more likely than waiting to out the source is waiting to see what the reactions were with it going public, especially from the money holders. It says they had already discussed it with Bo a year ago, and when it went public this week, they were waiting to see how it would play out once everyone found out.

Edit - Remember, this is a business, nothing more. It's good business to make sure you're ending up on the winning side, which is the side where the money ends up. That's all it was about.

I imagine that's a lot of what the wait was. See how badly public sentiment went.

You are pretty spot on here guys because I know in my light correspondence with a few of the higher ups at the University they were taking a wait and see attitude and appeared to be weighing the public opinion. I think they made the right decision based on what they had to consider and should things go South for Bo and crew (season), they will be judged on performance (present and future) not on a premeditated forced issue from the past.

"We are prepared to put the matter to rest," University of Nebraska-Lincoln Chancellor Harvey Perlman and NU athletic director Shawn Eichorst said in a joint statement.

What does that tell you?

That and Perlman and TO already knew about the tape and talked to Bo about it last year. The several day pause before the statement says to me they were hoping to out the source.

If that's true, why was Bo talking to the media this morning as if he had no idea if he was going to be disciplined? If it had already been handled in 2012, why wouldn't Bo's responses included something along the lines of "Tom Osborne was aware of these comments and the existence of a recording more than a year ago, and addressed the matter with me then"

I don't see what waiting has to do with outing the source. Something still seems odd about the timing of this all, the leak, the response, the NU statement...everything. If this was truly dealt with over a year ago, it would have been swiftly dismissed. Instead they let it brew for 2-3 days.

They did know a year ago based on both the university statement and the statement made by Tom Osborne. I don't know why they waited a few days to make a statement; I'm just speculating.

I would not have been shocked if Bo was let go. There was an angle here that really tarnished the reputation of the university. I could see a zero tolerance policy for something like that. Our reputation and prestige is a big brand and you don't %!@# with that, so to speak.

Bo has to win out and get to 9+ wins now IMO. The team has to show marked improvement and not have any more wetting the bed on national TV. With this incident there is no more room for that and the leash is short. Winning will cure a lot of this. If not able to win, then we have a losing coach with a piss-poor reputation nationally...this combination will not survive. We'll see where things are in a couple of months.

What's more likely than waiting to out the source is waiting to see what the reactions were with it going public, especially from the money holders. It says they had already discussed it with Bo a year ago, and when it went public this week, they were waiting to see how it would play out once everyone found out.

Edit - Remember, this is a business, nothing more. It's good business to make sure you're ending up on the winning side, which is the side where the money ends up. That's all it was about.

I imagine that's a lot of what the wait was. See how badly public sentiment went.

This is the first time I'm realizing this, but it seems that T.O. knew about it and dealt with it a year ago, but this was a first for both Harvey and Shawn. Would explain how...potentially either way things looked for a while.