If you're Harvey Perlman.........

Comish

The thing that worries me a bit about this whole audio situation is that I haven't read a statement for Eichhorst nor Pearlman in support of Pelini after these events just yet. Sipple tweeted something trying to get some answers from Pearlman and it was followed up by this:

Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip15h

Just called Harvey Perlman for possible update regarding Pelini. "I know why you're calling, but I'm not saying anything."

Do they owe the fans and media a statement in support of Bo!? I don't know how to really answer that I guess...what's damning is that these two individuals have really been on the down low during this matter. I just started to get worried about Bo's job last night in light of all the stupid ass rumors floating around...I hope Bo keeps his job and rights the ship....have to wait and see.

If Perlman or the Ad hasn't come out in support of Bo yet they are more than likely getting a list of candidates ready. The fact that both of them haven't come out in support of Bo to quash this situation shows you how they probably don't Bo support anymore.

They also wouldn't be giving Bo too much access to the media...but they are.

The thing that worries me a bit about this whole audio situation is that I haven't read a statement for Eichhorst nor Perlman in support of Pelini after these events just yet. Sipple tweeted something trying to get some answers from Pearlman and it was followed up by this:

Just called Harvey Perlman for possible update regarding Pelini. "I know why you're calling, but I'm not saying anything."

Do they owe the fans and media a statement in support of Bo!? I don't know how to really answer that I guess...what's damning is that these two individuals have really been on the down low during this matter. I just started to get worried about Bo's job last night in light of all the stupid ass rumors floating around...I hope Bo keeps his job and rights the ship....have to wait and see.

If Perlman or the Ad hasn't come out in support of Bo yet they are more than likely getting a list of candidates ready. The fact that both of them haven't come out in support of Bo to quash this situation shows you how they probably don't Bo support anymore.

What Harvey should do: Let the AD do what he was hired to do - manage the athletic dept including making decisions on coaches.

In reality what I think will happen:

I'm sure if Harvey feels Bo is too much of an embarrassment for the program, Harvey will lean hard on the AD. My guess is that some influential boosters are starting to lean hard on Harvey, who will lean on our AD. It will look like the AD made all of the decisions and the day after it is announced that NU has accepted the invitation to play in the Motor City Bowl against Ohio (not state) he will say 'after deep study and research into past issues, team performance, and the trajectory of the program, I have decided to go a different direction by hiring a new head coach who can take the football program to the next level. I thank Bo for 6 years of dedicated effort and for stabilizing the program that was once in decline. The head coach search begins immediately. Ron Brown will coach the team during the bowl game. Any questions?"

The thing that worries me a bit about this whole audio situation is that I haven't read a statement for Eichhorst nor Pearlman in support of Pelini after these events just yet. Sipple tweeted something trying to get some answers from Pearlman and it was followed up by this:

They also wouldn't be giving Bo too much access to the media...but they are.

More than likely to see if he can sink the deal of getting rid of him. If they did support Bo they would cut him off from the media.

IMO it's smart to play things close to the vest. See how things play-out while putting some feelers out about who we could get as a replacement. Could be Bo makes it easy to can him with zero controversy. Could be we go on a run, maybe even making a BCS bowl. Either way I say let Bo dig himself a bigger hole or dig his way out and make a more educated decision down the road.

• Fire 1

If they did support Bo they would cut him off from the media.

That makes zero sense. "Here's a guy we may be firing soon. Let's allow him unfettered access to multiple media outlets until we decide to can him." Nobody would do this.

Yes they would. Why back a coach you don't support? just let him sink his own ship with the media. If Bo's smart he would stay out of the media. If the AD and Perlman don't come out this week and back up Bo they are looking at replacements. Why would they keep Bo out of the media if they are just going to get rid of him? It only makes sense to get Bo out of the media if they plan on keeping him.

If they did support Bo they would cut him off from the media.

That makes zero sense. "Here's a guy we may be firing soon. Let's allow him unfettered access to multiple media outlets until we decide to can him." Nobody would do this.

Yes they would. Why back a coach you don't support? just let him sink his own ship with the media. If Bo's smart he would stay out of the media. If the AD and Perlman don't come out this week and back up Bo they are looking at replacements. Why would they keep Bo out of the media if they are just going to get rid of him? It only makes sense to get Bo out of the media if they plan on keeping him.

Only in opposite land does that make sense. If he were getting canned before the end of the season, it would have been done already.

Retire, immediately!! The guy is running things into the ground IMO.

You do realize the athletic programs is just a small part of what he oversees......right?

You know, people really don't get how nice of a job Perlman has done. Clearly he's not perfect, but when he took over in 1999 or 2000, when I was in college, Nebraska was ranked in the third tier of universities by US News. Now UNL is a first tier school, ranked 101st. Enrollment is higher than it has ever been, research dollars coming into UNL are way up... the move to the Big Ten will only help this. UNL is sitting better as an academic institution than it ever has. Firing Harvey Perlman over a football coach would be dumber than Bo Pelini's "private" rant.