University releases statement

Saunders

Makes me feel better ... that the university knew about it a year ago .... and addressed it with Bo back then.

Now if we can just get the real idiot Husker fans with the agenda to fire Bo to have some sanity ... maybe we can still build this program this season instead of try to destroy it. We have such an easy schedule ... I can see us doing very well this year still ... if we will grow and learn ... and move forward. It could go another direction as well ... sad to say. I think it is in the Huskers best interest to piece together this season and see where we end up before we do anything drastic. If the fans don't "chill" then our recruiting class could really take a big hit. Hoping for sound minds the rest of this year for sure.

handled well by the University and should play out to everyone's advantage. In fact, the response was as close to ideal as one can likely get.

As others have said, that incident is now laid to rest and everyone moves on in hopes that now with the distractions behind, the team --- players and coaches --- can forward the best product, the most competitive product possible.

hopefully now even the posters here can re-focus and talk football again.

I hope NU plays ground and pound running/clock control offense and attacking defense Saturday and hope that the team hears nothing but cheers and the players play every snap at full tilt. GBR.

• Fire 1