Olbermann: Bo Pelini's Satyricornhuskers

I agree and hear what you are saying. But there is a major group of Pelini backers that want to say "A-ha see? It was a scandal - Bo did nothing wrong! It's a scandal! Free Bo!" So yeah, fools.

People are legitimately upset that someone trotted out that tape. I don't care how it affects Bo Pelini as a distinct matter. He can kiss my f*&$ing ass on the way out the f*&$ing door as far as I'm concerned. But it has done serious harm to the program. So, yeah, I'm pissed off at the leaker, too.

So we find out who released it. What then? Will people harass him? Send letters to his employer? That would look pretty darn bad and keep the story in the news indefinitely. "Husker Don'ts" would become a regular Deadspin feature. Just drop it.

That's the important distinction - WE don't need to know who the tipster is, and I hope for that person's sake WE never do.

But for the damage they've done to the program going forward, I would certainly hope that the University finds and punishes this person.

All this isn't going on if Bo, doesn't say what he did. The sleaze bag that released it, is just as wrong. Just remember Bo got this all rolling. The damage it has done to the university, is shared by both. GBR!!!

I agree and hear what you are saying. But there is a major group of Pelini backers that want to say "A-ha see? It was a scandal - Bo did nothing wrong! It's a scandal! Free Bo!" So yeah, fools.

People are legitimately upset that someone trotted out that tape. I don't care how it affects Bo Pelini as a distinct matter. He can kiss my f*&$ing ass on the way out the f*&$ing door as far as I'm concerned. But it has done serious harm to the program. So, yeah, I'm pissed off at the leaker, too.

So we find out who released it. What then? Will people harass him? Send letters to his employer? That would look pretty darn bad and keep the story in the news indefinitely. "Husker Don'ts" would become a regular Deadspin feature. Just drop it.

That's the important distinction - WE don't need to know who the tipster is, and I hope for that person's sake WE never do.

But for the damage they've done to the program going forward, I would certainly hope that the University finds and punishes this person.

All this isn't going on if Bo, doesn't say what he did. The sleaze bag that released it, is just as wrong. Just remember Bo got this all rolling. The damage it has done to the university, is shared by both. GBR!!!

God, I'm so tired of people pointing out that Bo is responsible for the words on the tape. Any other secrets you want to let us in on? The sky is blue, the sun rises in the east... any other mind-numbingly obvious things you want to point out?

It's like people don't listen to other Husker fans, don't watch the news, don't read these message boards. Bizarre. Just bizarre.

God, I'm so tired of people pointing out that Bo is responsible for the words on the tape. Any other secrets you want to let us in on? The sky is blue, the sun rises in the east... any other mind-numbingly obvious things you want to point out?

It's like people don't listen to other Husker fans, don't watch the news, don't read these message boards. Bizarre. Just bizarre.

I understand you wanting to support Bo. You have done that enough already. I did since day one. Lets let him do it on his own. GBR!!!

Agreed. No good can come of it.

Knapplc; IMO it’s not that they don't want to listen to other fans, watch the news or read message boards. It's because in today's society and the way things are, most people are showing signs of A-D-D and all they care about is getting their view point out in front of people because it’s all that matters. Look at me, look at me; I am a selfish SOB that don't care what others say, do or have. NEEDY people! Just my opinion here!

Knapplc; IMO it’s not that they don't want to listen to other fans, watch the news or read message boards. It's because in today's society and the way things are, most people are showing signs of A-D-D and all they care about is getting their view point out in front of people because it’s all that matters. Look at me, look at me; I am a selfish SOB that don't care what others say, do or have. NEEDY people! Just my opinion here!

We're not talking about some ethereal philosophical question about "in today's society," I said the person who leaked this tape deserves to be discovered and punished. huskered17 responds to that by saying "Just remember Bo got this all rolling." Nobody needs reminding of that - Bo's been taking a boatload of justified criticism by pretty much every member of HuskerBoard, including me. Everyone on this board knows that this is all happening because of Bo. There are five dozen threads talking about Bo. There are two or three talking about the leaker. We should be able to talk about Bo and the leaker at the same time.

I've never been a fan of tilting at windmills.

• Fire 1

We're not talking about some ethereal philosophical question about "in today's society," I said the person who leaked this tape deserves to be discovered and punished. huskered17 responds to that by saying "Just remember Bo got this all rolling." Nobody needs reminding of that - Bo's been taking a boatload of justified criticism by pretty much every member of HuskerBoard, including me. Everyone on this board knows that this is all happening because of Bo. There are five dozen threads talking about Bo. There are two or three talking about the leaker. We should be able to talk about Bo and the leaker at the same time.

I've never been a fan of tilting at windmills.

LOL, you would think, but this requires thinking! +1 on the tilted windmill.

I keep hearing revealed and punished. Exactly for what. He/she released a tape recording. Not against the law, not an attack on the University, but on Bo. That in the individuals mind may be something that was needed to be known. May have felt he was doing the University a favor. It had been hidden from the Chancellor and the new AD for some reason it sounds like.

I was one of the first to speak in Bo's defense on this, but really no need to pursue the individual, as some asshat will most likely do them bodily harm. It is information, that has had an affect on the higher ups in the program. It will be retained for future choices on continuing Bo as our head coach. It served a purpose. Tom knew it should have been brought to Perlmans attention when he got it. Only Tom can walk on this, and he is no longer there. My guess is if it had come out last year, Bo would not be here now. A tremendous embarrassment for Harvey after his initial comments about Bo's sideline actions.

There are people that want Bo fired, feel he has no business being here. For those, that action was needed and appreciated is my guess.

I think it was wrong to do, but I understand why it was done.

Bo is the victim here. He thought he was speaking in private. Yes, he might have used bad judgement in that nowadays this is no such thing as privacy, but whoever released the tape is the villain, as far as I am concerned.

Bottom line: Better judgement by Pelini, this incident does not exist. Don't blame the messenger.

i agree with bruleif. why should bo not be able to vent about his job? why should he not be able to say those things when he believes to be private. i guess better judgment in that he should be more cautious when he does vent. but he has every right to get frustrated and vent that frustration. he should not have to apologize for a private conversation. that is asinine.