Huskers ripe for a Jackrabbit picking

knapplc

Can't argue with this guy. With everything going on this week from the UCLA implosion to the leaked Bo recording to Martinez maybe not playing due to turf toe, this shapes up as a pretty scary time to be playing a top school, whatever their division.

South Dakota State enters Saturday's game ranked #6 in FCS, with a hotshot running back named to the preseason Walter Payton Award watch list and a pretty good QB/WR combo. This team came to Lincoln in 2011 and darned near beat Nebraska, and they're aiming to do it again.

This is the situation the Huskers find themselves in: thanks to sub-par defensive play and an offense who was supposed to be good but is inexplicably sputtering, every single team Nebraska plays this year will come into the game expecting to beat them. Nobody is afraid to come to Lincoln anymore - not even FCS opponents.

The story from Vermillion:

If Nebraska was ever ripe for the picking to be upset at home by a lower division school, the time is now.

Taking stock of the current state of Cornhusker football, it is plain to see there are a number of encouraging signs for South Dakota State University fans heading into Saturday’s game in Lincoln, Neb.

SDSU has the offensive weapons in the running and passing game to cause trouble for a deficient Husker defense, including running back Zach Zenner, who has gashed opposing defenses for 540 yards and eight touchdowns in three games so far this season.

In 2010, Nebraska got all it could handle from an upstart SDSU squad, as the Cornhuskers held on for a 17-3 victory in Lincoln. That was a No. 6-ranked Nebraska team, not the one coming off a demoralizing home loss and getting ready for the start of a big ten schedule.

• Fire 1

I never thought I would be so interested to see the Huskers play a team like South Dakota State as I am for Saturday's game. So many story lines in this one and I had no idea they were ranked #6 in FCS. As strange as it is to say I can't wait for this game. I might even head to one of the Husker bars here in the city just for the conversation and to hear other people's take on things.

I will be drunk lol.

Can't argue with this guy. With everything going on this week from the UCLA implosion to the leaked Bo recording to Martinez maybe not playing due to turf toe, this shapes up as a pretty scary time to be playing a top school, whatever their division.

South Dakota State enters Saturday's game ranked #6 in FCS, with a hotshot running back named to the preseason Walter Payton Award watch list and a pretty good QB/WR combo. This team came to Lincoln in 2011 and darned near beat Nebraska, and they're aiming to do it again.

This is the situation the Huskers find themselves in: thanks to sub-par defensive play and an offense who was supposed to be good but is inexplicably sputtering, every single team Nebraska plays this year will come into the game expecting to beat them. Nobody is afraid to come to Lincoln anymore - not even FCS opponents.

If Nebraska was ever ripe for the picking to be upset at home by a lower division school, the time is now.

Taking stock of the current state of Cornhusker football, it is plain to see there are a number of encouraging signs for South Dakota State University fans heading into Saturday’s game in Lincoln, Neb.

SDSU has the offensive weapons in the running and passing game to cause trouble for a deficient Husker defense, including running back Zach Zenner, who has gashed opposing defenses for 540 yards and eight touchdowns in three games so far this season.

In 2010, Nebraska got all it could handle from an upstart SDSU squad, as the Cornhuskers held on for a 17-3 victory in Lincoln. That was a No. 6-ranked Nebraska team, not the one coming off a demoralizing home loss and getting ready for the start of a big ten schedule.

Yeah, it's kind of scary that he doesn't even need to invoke some far-fetched scenarios in order to make a Jackrabbit loss win seem like a somewhat reasonable expectation. However, Wyoming has been smacking the everloving crap out of their opponents since they played NU, so i think he might be underestimating their offensive power. We'll see, though! I do hate, though, that he was able to reach his conclusion with a rational evaluation of the teams. I do like the out he gives himself at the end :)

Yeah, it's kind of scary that he doesn't even need to invoke some far-fetched scenarios in order to make a Jackrabbit loss win seem like a somewhat reasonable expectation. However, Wyoming has been smacking the everloving crap out of their opponents since they played NU, so i think he might be underestimating their offensive power. We'll see, though! I do hate, though, that he was able to reach his conclusion with a rational evaluation of the teams. I do like the out he gives himself at the end :)

Yep....they haven't played much, but they are winning in style. I believe they are 19th in the country in passing right now and 39th in rushing........

I wonder where that thread went about how other Husker opponents are doing with their schedules.....should get that puppy going again here soon.

I wonder where that thread went about how other Husker opponents are doing with their schedules.....should get that puppy going again here soon.

That's my thread, and I've been busy the last couple of weeks. I'll try to update it tonight, and weekly going forward.

Where's my +1 Knapp?!! I am kidding : ). Its a good thread though...I like the idea.

That's my thread, and I've been busy the last couple of weeks. I'll try to update it tonight, and weekly going forward.

Where's my +1 Knapp?!! I am kidding : ). Its a good thread though...I like the idea.

I'm still out from Plus One Wednesday.