Huskers ripe for a Jackrabbit picking

knapplc

I wonder where that thread went about how other Husker opponents are doing with their schedules.....should get that puppy going again here soon.

That's my thread, and I've been busy the last couple of weeks. I'll try to update it tonight, and weekly going forward.

Where's my +1 Knapp?!! I am kidding : ). Its a good thread though...I like the idea.

I'm still out from Plus One Wednesday.

NOOOO!!!!!!!!!

If Tommy plays and blows us away against the Jackrabbits...do ya think a QB controversy/ competition ensues?! Serious question...

Guarenteed. The most popular player on a struggling team is always the backup QB. Especially a young fantastic talent.

Will some fans call for it? Of course. Some still claim Martinez isn't very good.

Will it be a serious competition at practice? Not a chance.

Can't argue with this guy. With everything going on this week from the UCLA implosion to the leaked Bo recording to Martinez maybe not playing due to turf toe, this shapes up as a pretty scary time to be playing a top school, whatever their division.

South Dakota State enters Saturday's game ranked #6 in FCS, with a hotshot running back named to the preseason Walter Payton Award watch list and a pretty good QB/WR combo. This team came to Lincoln in 2011 and darned near beat Nebraska, and they're aiming to do it again.

This is the situation the Huskers find themselves in: thanks to sub-par defensive play and an offense who was supposed to be good but is inexplicably sputtering, every single team Nebraska plays this year will come into the game expecting to beat them. Nobody is afraid to come to Lincoln anymore - not even FCS opponents.

The story from Vermillion:

Huskers ripe for a Jackrabbit picking

If Nebraska was ever ripe for the picking to be upset at home by a lower division school, the time is now.

Taking stock of the current state of Cornhusker football, it is plain to see there are a number of encouraging signs for South Dakota State University fans heading into Saturday’s game in Lincoln, Neb.

SDSU has the offensive weapons in the running and passing game to cause trouble for a deficient Husker defense, including running back Zach Zenner, who has gashed opposing defenses for 540 yards and eight touchdowns in three games so far this season.

In 2010, Nebraska got all it could handle from an upstart SDSU squad, as the Cornhuskers held on for a 17-3 victory in Lincoln. That was a No. 6-ranked Nebraska team, not the one coming off a demoralizing home loss and getting ready for the start of a big ten schedule.

Sorry Knap but as an SDSU alum, I have to correct you. SDSU is in Brookings. Arch rival USD is in Vermillion. While I have the pride of an alum, secretly wanting SDSU to look respectable - but not beat my Huskers, I don't think we will have see an upset here. Bo will use the 'us against the world' chant, the players will standby their coach and I think come out and play a good game

Right now Huskers are the 20.5pt favorite, if I were a betting man, I would take SDSU to cover the spread. This game is the SuperBowl for the Jacks and you gotta believe they will be playing with fire in their hearts which cannot be said for our team. Am I wrong? I sure hope so. I think Tommy gets the start and if we are down, which wouldn't be suprising, or playing lackluster, you will see Taylor come back in turf toe or no turf toe.

If Tommy plays and blows us away against the Jackrabbits...do ya think a QB controversy/ competition ensues?! Serious question...

Guarenteed. The most popular player on a struggling team is always the backup QB. Especially a young fantastic talent.

Will some fans call for it? Of course. Some still claim Martinez isn't very good.

Could be, they have one in Columbus right now. That other QB is scary good, maybe not quite the runner, but a much more polished passer than Braxton Miller.

Could be, they have one in Columbus right now. That other QB is scary good, maybe not quite the runner, but a much more polished passer than Braxton Miller.

Possibly but that's hardly the same situation. Miller is good but he's also been in and out of the lineup for 2+ years. And Guiton is a senior, not a redshirt freshman.

Do you know how much Bo loves Martinez? If so, this isn't a question (even though it should be if happened).

Yup. Even tho Miller may be one of the best QBs OSU has ever had. Dudes a beast the only reason I hate him is because hes so good. If Martinez is healthy he is our only shot at a division title this season

Sorry Knap but as an SDSU alum, I have to correct you. SDSU is in Brookings. Arch rival USD is in Vermillion. While I have the pride of an alum, secretly wanting SDSU to look respectable - but not beat my Huskers, I don't think we will have see an upset here. Bo will use the 'us against the world' chant, the players will standby their coach and I think come out and play a good game

True, but the story actually came from the Mitchell Republic. Pop quiz, hotshot: what do Mitchell, SD, Brookings, SD and Vermillion, SD have in common?...

No one from Nebraska cares where they are! Ironic, really with all the butt hurt about East Coasters not knowing where Nebraska is on a map..

Signed,

USD Alum and Jackrabbit hater

Buck the Funnys, Huskers!