Pelini's Formal Apology

QMany

Still didn't like the details in the conversation on USC yesterday.... Mike'l and John said they "knew" he tried for Ohio St., Penn. St., and Miami....

The Mike'l rant in the beginning of the Dirk Chatlein segment of today's podcast was interesting he made some great points.... He said (paraphrasing) that if he was a Nebraska fan he would be pissed that Bo looked for multiple jobs, and some fans are silly for believing that he didn't mean what he said.... Lots of fantastic points....

I guess they need something to fill air time. Pelini looking at other positions is a complete non-issue.

Still didn't like the details in the conversation on USC yesterday.... Mike'l and John said they "knew" he tried for Ohio St., Penn. St., and Miami....

The Mike'l rant in the beginning of the Dirk Chatlein segment of today's podcast was interesting he made some great points.... He said (paraphrasing) that if he was a Nebraska fan he would be pissed that Bo looked for multiple jobs, and some fans are silly for believing that he didn't mean what he said.... Lots of fantastic points....

I guess they need something to fill air time. Pelini looking at other positions is a complete non-issue.

Non-issue in that it doesn't bother you, or that you don't believe he has looked at other jobs in the past?

Non-issue in that it doesn't bother you, or that you don't believe he has looked at other jobs in the past?

Doesn't bother me. Coaches have agents who continually have feelers out there. I'm sure he has someone looking on his behalf....which is typical for a DI coach. Many schools also hire a consultant to keep these things behind the scene with coaches. And we have learned that Osborne became aware of the recording a year ago while still Pelini's boss. Nothing unusual to see here.

• Fire 1

In that it doesn't bother. Who cares if he looks for other jobs? What fantasy world are people living in?

I love my job and am always looking to see what is out there. It is what you are supposed to do.

The fan base is constantly calling for coaches heads and yet he isn't supposed to keep his options open? Ridiculous!

Coaches are hired to be fired. Any and every coach is stupid not to look and listen. If nothing else you can leverage a raise out of it.

• Fire 1

just a general comment and not really about what Pelini said. Today's society seems hold very few people accountable anymore and we are always giving people second chances. It seems no one gives thought anymore when they act because they can just apologize afterward. more often than naught they didn't learn their lesson. Honestly Bo got lucky that Miller left the game otherwise we don't win that game.

yeah, people only deserve one chance, at most. and someone who swears in private should be prohibited from holding any form of employment!

yeah i wouldn't call a recording booth private.

So anywhere with a recording device can no longer be considered private? Because that doesn't leave very many places now-a-days.

so when you go out into to public you have no right to privacy.

just a general comment and not really about what Pelini said. Today's society seems hold very few people accountable anymore and we are always giving people second chances. It seems no one gives thought anymore when they act because they can just apologize afterward. more often than naught they didn't learn their lesson. Honestly Bo got lucky that Miller left the game otherwise we don't win that game.

yeah, people only deserve one chance, at most. and someone who swears in private should be prohibited from holding any form of employment!

what lesson, pray tell, should bfp learn? not to occasionally get frustrated with the fans and vent about it?

what difference does it make if you call it private or not?

doesn't really matter what he learns cause next year we won't have to worry about it.

So anywhere with a recording device can no longer be considered private? Because that doesn't leave very many places now-a-days.

so when you go out into to public you have no right to privacy.

you may not have a 'right' to privacy, but in a decent society you should reasonably be able to expect it.

what lesson, pray tell, should bfp learn? not to occasionally get frustrated with the fans and vent about it?

what difference does it make if you call it private or not?

doesn't really matter what he learns cause next year we won't have to worry about it.

i do not think he has to worry about it right now.