Interesting Conversation at the game..

mwj98

I promise you that if TM had been laughing, cutting up and high fiving guys, there would be a thread titled " Taylor doesnt care about this team"

You bet there would be. It's another one of those "cant win" situations.

Like if our players were showing emotion on the sideline, whooping it up and so on like we see other teams do, the general consensus right now would be "we should act more respectful, act like we've been there, bla bla bla".

• Fire 1

I promise you that if TM had been laughing, cutting up and high fiving guys, there would be a thread titled " Taylor doesnt care about this team"

Like if our players were showing emotion on the sideline, whooping it up and so on like we see other teams do, the general consensus right now would be "we should act more respectful, act like we've been there, bla bla bla".

Or "Why are you celebrating? This is South Dakota State."

With the high speed offenses running 85 plays a game, the only way to celebrate is when you get into the endzone. So much energy is conserved between plays a lot of the joy of playing has been sucked out.

Players getting calls from the sideline after lining up and looking to the bench for defensive calls right up to the snap, to get into "perfect" alignment has taken away from the players relying on themselves and each other.

Football is still an awesome sport, but it's gotten so technical, plus the wussification of it, that players on all levels are more machine like and robotic.

• Fire 1

The whole team from pre-game throughout showed little emotion except in the on field huddles during time outs! I think it was more by design than the lack of emotion. They came out with a (get it done for Bo attitude). IMO

Watching on TV, my family and I commented on how subdued the team looked during the tunnel walk. Usually, there'd be quite a few jumping around and what not. This time, I just saw a few players slapping fans' hands.

• Fire 1

If former players are saying that players who pull up when they could make a big hit are soft, they have to look no further than themselves if they're going to assess the reason why.

The concussion lawsuits really made the NFL and NCAA focus (wrongly, I might add) on ways to increase player safety. Big hits can't happen anymore because they would draw a flag and then we'd be criticized as being undisciplined.

Watching on TV, my family and I commented on how subdued the team looked during the tunnel walk. Usually, there'd be quite a few jumping around and what not. This time, I just saw a few players slapping fans' hands.

Kind of like how they look in this video?

Tough for me to quantify if that was equivalent. The camera mostly focuses on Veland. Certainly the '95 team didn't look subdued as they were pointing their "1"s and jumping a bit before charging onto the field. Don't recall that being the case last Saturday.

Tough for me to quantify if that was equivalent. The camera mostly focuses on Veland. Certainly the '95 team didn't look subdued as they were pointing their "1"s and jumping a bit before charging onto the field. Don't recall that being the case last Saturday.

areyoukiddingme.png

That's the look of a team that's out to take care of business. Sometimes the smallest dogs bark the loudest. There's been some guys over the past 10 years that were subpar players but you could bet if they ever made a play they'd be posturing all over the place.

That's the look of a team that's out to take care of business. Sometimes the smallest dogs bark the loudest. There's been some guys over the past 10 years that were subpar players but you could bet if they ever made a play they'd be posturing all over the place.

That is so true

Overcompensating- via the painted faces, screaming and posturing- I really dislike it

Back when I played when we saw guys like that, we knew it would be a win. Winners, confident guys dont need that kind of stuff

Our dominant teams of past did little of that, just confident and focused Lets get this breatdown over with so I can go home and eat.

Give me a break. There's no external, visual difference in how that 1995 team looked (and all those mid-90's teams that weren't raging and walked through the tunnel stoic and calm) compared to how the 2013 team looked.

The only difference is that we know how good that team was and we know how bad this team is. Take away that foreknowledge and compare the videos and you can not tell any difference just by outside observation in their composure, thoughts or ability to play.

The whole team from pre-game throughout showed little emotion except in the on field huddles during time outs! I think it was more by design than the lack of emotion. They came out with a (get it done for Bo attitude). IMO

Could be a disconnect with the fans in general. Their coach was publicly exposed during a private moment, that had (poll-wise) half the fan base calling for his job. Pretty sure I wouldn't feel like slapping to many of the "enemies" hands after something like that.

We got beat pretty good and after the game they were all playing friends with the opposition....I was PISSED!

Maybe the kids really WERE friends...like neighbor kids, go to the same school, in Scouts together or attend the same church.

But being friends is no excuse for being friendly. You should have set an example for your team by walking over and sucker punching one of the opposing players' moms right in the face. Let your players know how important winning that game was to you them.