Honestly Tim Beck taking a MAC gig wouldn't upset me.

Papuchis I dunno, hard to say if he's more of a figurehead or the real DC so either way I guess he could stay.

Pap I have no clue what that guy is either. So I suppose he can keep his wagon hitched to Bo if he's just mirroring for him.

Honestly Tim Beck taking a MAC gig wouldn't upset me.

Papuchis I dunno, hard to say if he's more of a figurehead or the real DC so either way I guess he could stay.

Pap I have no clue what that guy is either. So I suppose he can keep his wagon hitched to Bo if he's just mirroring for him.

JP can recruit.

does beck recruit well? i don't really follow who does our best recruiting.

He hasn't been on a large quantity of players lately but he was in on recruiting Armstrong, Stanton and Darlington. Possibly because he'll be their position coach.

Beck used to be a hell of a recruiter for us - probably one of the best, but all of his connections were tied to Texas which we've somewhat abandoned since the move.

Makes you wonder if some coaching changes are needed for the simple fact that this staff was put together to recruit the B12. You look at our recent hires (Fisher, Joseph, Kaz, Els) - they have more ties to the B1G. Els was at Ohio, Fisher in the northeast, Kaz from Iowa. Joseph is the only one that isn't, and he's from SEC country.

...not that our recruiting is terrible.

He hasn't been on a large quantity of players lately but he was in on recruiting Armstrong, Stanton and Darlington. Possibly because he'll be their position coach.

Beck used to be a hell of a recruiter for us - probably one of the best, but all of his connections were tied to Texas which we've somewhat abandoned since the move.

Makes you wonder if some coaching changes are needed for the simple fact that this staff was put together to recruit the B12. You look at our recent hires (Fisher, Joseph, Kaz, Els) - they have more ties to the B1G. Els was at Ohio, Fisher in the northeast, Kaz from Iowa. Joseph is the only one that isn't, and he's from SEC country.

How so?

How so?

Well, in the first 3 years Bo was here (B12 years), we had 9, 8, 5 recruits from Texas. In the last 3 we've had 5, 2, 3. We have a couple more this year (although Waz and Mosley might not wear red next year) - but the emphasis has certainly shifted from Texas. You could run the exact opposite direction with our recruits from the upper mid-west.

How so?

Well, in the first 3 years Bo was here (B12 years), we had 9, 8, 5 recruits from Texas. In the last 3 we've had 5, 2, 3. We have a couple more this year (although Waz and Mosley might not wear red next year) - but the emphasis has certainly shifted from Texas. You could run the exact opposite direction with our recruits from the upper mid-west.

The move has opened up Ohio, yes. But I wouldn't say we are abandoning Texas. Still recruit Cali and Florida strong, also. Mosley will most likely stay N. Waz is going to shock the world, whatever that means...

Didn't know if I needed to start a new topic or what, so if this needs to be moved. please move it. I saw this post on twitter. Another rumor on coaching changes, but not the head coach.

Jay Mulligan@jay_mulligan

Sources say Tony Samuel will return to Lincoln as a #Huskers defensive position coach, starting after the first of the year.

Defensive line or linebackers?

The guy didn't say and he did not reply yet to the same question. Tony coached some pretty good players back in the day. He's not the best head coach, but he is a good assistant. He played DE at Lincoln, so he knows the position. I would take either position. Replace Els or Pap, take your pick.

Didn't know if I needed to start a new topic or what, so if this needs to be moved. please move it. I saw this post on twitter. Another rumor on coaching changes, but not the head coach.

Jay Mulligan@jay_mulligan

Sources say Tony Samuel will return to Lincoln as a #Huskers defensive position coach, starting after the first of the year.

Defensive line or linebackers?

Can't imagine DLine with Kaz there. He seems to be doing some nice things.