Well, Del Rio interviewed for the USC job so there goes my plan.

Interesting to see how that goes with USC playing much better recently. Do they keep Orgeron (sp?), especially if Del Rio isn't available for awhile? Not sure how that works if he's the DC on a team that is likely to be playing well in to January.

IMO if you think Del Rio is the guy you have to think long term and make that hire. Give Orgeron a fat raise to stick around as D-line coach/ace recruiter(possible DC?) and ride things through to ease the transition and help save this recruit class.

Yeah, the question really isn't on USC's part. The question is, how do you get him out of Denver when he's the DC of a team that has the look of a Super Bowl contender? Most college coaching changes are made right after the regular season and try to have the replacement on board as soon as possible so they can work on as many recruits as possible. USC's last game is Nov. 30 or perhaps the next week if they make the CCG. Denver's regular season goes until Dec. 29 and then however far they go into the playoffs but that is getting pretty close to NSD. and now it's even more complicated as Del Rio is Denver's interim Head Coach and they don't know when Fox will be back. I'm just not sure how they can make the logistics of all that work out.

I really don't see Del Rio coaching college. He will have a HC job in the NFL again soon enough.

Well, Del Rio interviewed for the USC job so there goes my plan.

Interesting to see how that goes with USC playing much better recently. Do they keep Orgeron (sp?), especially if Del Rio isn't available for awhile? Not sure how that works if he's the DC on a team that is likely to be playing well in to January.

IMO if you think Del Rio is the guy you have to think long term and make that hire. Give Orgeron a fat raise to stick around as D-line coach/ace recruiter(possible DC?) and ride things through to ease the transition and help save this recruit class.

Yeah, the question really isn't on USC's part. The question is, how do you get him out of Denver when he's the DC of a team that has the look of a Super Bowl contender? Most college coaching changes are made right after the regular season and try to have the replacement on board as soon as possible so they can work on as many recruits as possible. USC's last game is Nov. 30 or perhaps the next week if they make the CCG. Denver's regular season goes until Dec. 29 and then however far they go into the playoffs but that is getting pretty close to NSD. and now it's even more complicated as Del Rio is Denver's interim Head Coach and they don't know when Fox will be back. I'm just not sure how they can make the logistics of all that work out.

I really don't see Del Rio coaching college. He will have a HC job in the NFL again soon enough.

This is a good point. I think if there is a college job he'd look at, it would be his alma mater....and they have the resources. He hasn't said no yet, at least not publicly that I'm aware of.

I heard Ogeron stated he would stay as the recruiting coordinator if they hired another coach, that was a week ago or so. He may have changed his mind, but he is very close to SC and has been for awhile. I think if he wins out he gets the job. Beating UCLA will be huge for them. I have never seen the excitement at USC that we saw Saturday night, and I have been to quite a few games. Even when Carrol was there, they did not sell out often, and that was following MNC seasons. He is well received by the fans for sure.

Wonder what Zac Taylor has planned after the Uss dolphin goes down? Could really use a QB coach. Also someone that could help tutor lil Joey Ganz

Joe needs some coaching experience outside of the Nebraska ranks. It'll be good for him, and all the better for us if he comes back one day.