#44 interception

Do you remember this play from the SDSU game? When I saw it live I thought it was something we hadn't shown before. Basically, we were in a 3-4 defense, in this play, all 4 up men dropped back into zone coverage and we rushed the three down linemen.

Here is a link no how Oregon uses this as a zone blitz.

LINK

Apologize ahead of time for the "Duck" content.

I hope we see more of this. I think we have the talent now to do this. You need speed.

Here is the link to the Gregory interception.

I think our defense is athletic enough to be able to do this. One thing that can really help our defense is confusing the offensive linemen if we don't want to blitz. Our defense recently has been known to not blitz and have two deep safeties with man to man coverage underneath with corners and LBers. Which gives the QB all day to throw and make it impossible for us to defend the pass. I think we will start to see more of this in the future with Gregory. We need to use more zone if we continue to miss tackles.

After the game, Gregory mentioned that they practiced this during the week, and if SDSU passed it to the expected route, the coaches told Gregory he was going to get an INT. Gregory also said that he was always dropping the INT during practice, so he was glad he didn't drop it during the game.

Impossible. That would mean that our coaches worked on a scheme that might work in an actual game that was different from the two-gap scheme we refuse to change. Couldn't happen.

• Fire 3

We only rushed three on an obvious passing down?!?!? These coaches don't understand that the only way to play defense and LITERALLY the only way to get a stop on third down is to blitz and IMPOSE YOUR WILL on an offense!!!! You can't use the clues that the offense gives you that would allow Gregory to make this read. Absolutely ridiculous.

• Fire 1
I was waiting for Gregory to throw the ball into the wall after scoring that touchdown similar to what Suh did

Wouldn't that get the TD taken away for excessive celebration?

Not if he crossed the end zone first. The unsportsmanlike penalty is assessed on that play if the penalty occurs in the field of play (before crossing the goal line).