Abdullah to the NFL?

Do any of you think Ameer might be too small for the NFL?

I know Danny Woodhead thinks he is... :laughpound

And Woodhead wasn't drafted. Ameer is awfully small. The NFL is about numbers, pure and simple, and their biggest numbers for RBs are size and speed, and Ameer's aren't high. They don't measure heart (which is why Woodhead wasn't drafted).

Look how good Rex was for us (and I know the knee injury set him back greatly) and he was lucky to even get drafted (and not into a good situation for him). And as good as Ameer is, I would still Rex over him.

I think he might find a role in the NFL, but I really don't think he would get drafted. Then you're giving up that senior year for a chance to get signed as a free agent.

He's at best a 4th round pick. That's not a knock on him in any way, in fact I think he's going to be a big time contributor in the NFL. It's just the fact that 1)he doesn't have the frame to be a featured back in the pros 2)he's not going to run 4.4, maybe not even 4.5 and 3)running backs are not a hot commodity in the NFL right now. He'll be a Darren Sproles caliber of a 3rd down/change of pace back, and I think he has greater pro potential as a runner than Sproles.

I'm leaning towards him going now. With the rookie pay scale, he's not getting payed until year 5...almost regardless of where he goes in the draft.

Say he has 8 years left in his body. He goes out this year, after an 1800 yard season...he is a 4th-5th round pick, that's around 2.2-2.5 million over 4 years. He's not getting into the 1st round, we all know that...so if he waits a year and goes in the top of the 2nd, e's be looking at 5 million over 4 years. Not a huge difference considering the risk (granted it can be insured) he's taking by staying another year.

But, by leaving a year early, his 4 years is up a year earlier. So if he has 8 years left in him now, he'd have 4 years of pay on his free agent contract, versus only 3 if he waits a year. If he can get into the top of the 2nd round, his contract is more guarenteed, versus the players that get into the 4th round having contracts more dependent on credited seasons, and being on the 53 man roster. Those impact pay considerably...so getting into that top half of the second round is important.

Keep in mind, last year not a single RB was picked up in the 1st round. 5 in the second round, only 2 in the top half. So if he waits a year...he better be planning on being a top 3 back, or it isn't worth it anymore. He should just go out this year, take the hit as a 4th round pick and wait to collect in 4 years. Otherwise, the risk he's taking to likely end up a 3rd round pick...is only worth maybe 500k-750k. RBs are no longer 1st/2nd round commodities..

Any NFL team that drafts Ameer Abdullah is insane. He's terrible. Can't run, has terrible field vision, can't catch, can't block, can't really do anything. Fumbles all the time, like every single play. He's got a bunch of yards but astute watchers of film will realize most of that is pure luck, or the defense wasn't feeling good that day, or the sun got in their eyes.

Basically, Ameer's entire career at Nebraska has been smoke and mirrors. I wouldn't draft him, and I don't think you should either, NFL Exec.

Lache Seastrunk - now there's a guy you should look long and hard at, NFL draft guys. Pure awesomesauce. Unfiltered.

Melvin Gordon - best running back in the history of Wisconsin football. He's like two Ron Dayne's put together, and that's on a bad day.

Speaking of Wisconsin, James White is like the cape on Superman's back. He puts the "running back" in Running Back, as in, "There goes James White, he's running back another simple handoff for a touchdown." You should draft him because he's so good. And stuff.

Silas Redd from USC - outstanding running back. Future NFL Hall of Famer - that's just about a lock right there.

Bishop Sankey is like 1,000,000,000,000.007 times better than Ameer Abdullah. I shouldn't even type their names in the same sentence. Forget I even mentioned Abdullah. Sankey - he's so good you'll win like five Super Bowls right after you draft him. No joke.

Oh, yeah - Marion Grice. You ever heard of him? He's scored a touchdown on like every play he's ever touched the ball. And he can block, and he can catch, and he can shift and plant and all that stuff that Ameer Abdullah can't do. Ever. Because he's undraftable.

I could go on and on. There are, not kidding at all, conservative estimate, about 249 better running backs in the 2014 draft than Ameer Abdullah. So If/when he checks out his draft stock, be sure to tell him that he's not ever going to be drafted in the NFL, ever, for all time, in the 2014 Draft. Because in the 2014 draft, drafting Ameer Abdullah would be a huge, huge, huge, huge, huge, huge, huge, huge, huge, huge, huge, huge, huge mistake. Your team would probably spontaneously combust on the spot.

That's all I have to say about that.

• Fire 3

Any NFL team that drafts Ameer Abdullah is insane. He's terrible. Can't run, has terrible field vision, can't catch, can't block, can't really do anything. Fumbles all the time, like every single play. He's got a bunch of yards but astute watchers of film will realize most of that is pure luck, or the defense wasn't feeling good that day, or the sun got in their eyes.

Basically, Ameer's entire career at Nebraska has been smoke and mirrors. I wouldn't draft him, and I don't think you should either, NFL Exec.

Lache Seastrunk - now there's a guy you should look long and hard at, NFL draft guys. Pure awesomesauce. Unfiltered.

Melvin Gordon - best running back in the history of Wisconsin football. He's like two Ron Dayne's put together, and that's on a bad day.

Speaking of Wisconsin, James White is like the cape on Superman's back. He puts the "running back" in Running Back, as in, "There goes James White, he's running back another simple handoff for a touchdown." You should draft him because he's so good. And stuff.

Silas Redd from USC - outstanding running back. Future NFL Hall of Famer - that's just about a lock right there.

Bishop Sankey is like 1,000,000,000,000.007 times better than Ameer Abdullah. I shouldn't even type their names in the same sentence. Forget I even mentioned Abdullah. Sankey - he's so good you'll win like five Super Bowls right after you draft him. No joke.

Oh, yeah - Marion Grice. You ever heard of him? He's scored a touchdown on like every play he's ever touched the ball. And he can block, and he can catch, and he can shift and plant and all that stuff that Ameer Abdullah can't do. Ever. Because he's undraftable.

I could go on and on. There are, not kidding at all, conservative estimate, about 249 better running backs in the 2014 draft than Ameer Abdullah. So If/when he checks out his draft stock, be sure to tell him that he's not ever going to be drafted in the NFL, ever, for all time, in the 2014 Draft. Because in the 2014 draft, drafting Ameer Abdullah would be a huge, huge, huge, huge, huge, huge, huge, huge, huge, huge, huge, huge, huge mistake. Your team would probably spontaneously combust on the spot.

2060593-851ac22e_d61912a9_cant-tell-if-serious.jpeg

Wow you obviously have no idea what you're talking about!

Wow you obviously have no idea what you're talking about!

On the contrary. I know everything about everything there is to know about the 2014 NFL Running Backs class. I am the expert all experts turn to when they don't know something.

So there, Lyons in the Sea of Red, if that's really your name!

• Fire 1

I disagree.

• Fire 1